Downloads only starts after rebooting utorrent

Sasquatch-sas

When I download a torrent it don`t start automatically , I need close and open uTorrent and then the download works normally.

Before i had XP and few weeks ago my dowloads started to stuck, so i changed to windows 7 and reinstalled uTorrent and after a few days it started to happen again.

Googling it i seen many people complaining about the same thing but nobody could gave a useful explanation. I`m using the 1.8.4 version and I already checked firewall and port fowarding. It`s not a big trouble but is really annoying to reboot uTorrent every time i download something.

DreadWingKnight: maybe might help this: I uninstalled completely utorrent, then installed again, copied the %USERPROFILE%/utorrent into "c:\Program Files\uTorrent" so all users on this comp can share downloading. I changed the permission, of course. Until reboot, until another user log in worked fine. Now I am at the same place as I was.

utorrent 1.8.5, xp sp3

@DreadWingKnight, RE:"Run fewer torrents at once."

Maybe it would help on this PC with a 2Mbit connection (didn't try yet), but on the other PC I have a 100/100Mbit connection and don't run more than 20 torrents at once (I'm using the bandwidth/connection/etc settings suggested by uTorrent for 100Mbit). And the problem still happens. It started to happen somewhere around 1.8.3, I think...

I'll try running fewer torrents, to see if this helps, but I don't think this should be an appropriate solution.

• 1 month later...

Archived