how to pronounce utorrent

p.fout

yes, of course when you pronounce ìTorrent, since we know it's the scientific symbol you'll have to say microtorrent, if you want to say the whole thing. I just pointed out that the scientific symbol used is the small Greek letter M. But anyway, back to the question, that ìTorrent is microtorrent really, just forget that the ì is a greek letter. It would be the same if it was nTorrent (for nanoTorrent). If you ask what would the ìTorrent pronounciation itself be (like if you want to call nTorrent "enTorrent", I suppose that you have to pronounce ìTorrent as "mee"Torrent).

I am betting donuts to dollars here, that because the domain name is utorrent, and the .exe name is utorrent, everyone is going to pronounce it as it is literally written. Namely: you-torrent.

This is not a horribly bad pronounciation as it's an accurate description of what the user does.

I like to type µTorrent, but that's just because I'm showing off on the keyboard. I don't think I have ever once in my life said micro in regards to this program.

And, in a linguistic pun of sorts, the greek pronounciation of the letter being 'me', they probably call it me-torrent, so the me-you thing fits.

I'm a taxi driver and talk geek a lot with customers. I tell people utorrent since you can just google it that way. I sometimes say microtorrent since basically that describes this diamond of a piece of a software.

edit: so far the selling point to my customers is "no more java bloat" lol. Most conversations last less then 10 min so try to plug the software as fast as I can!

I'm so used to calling the letter µ "mew" that I can't help calling µTorrent myoo-torrent when I think it in my head. Yet saying "my crow" for µ- as a metric prefix is no problem for me.

So far I've never had occasion to intone it, though, only to think it or to type it, usually to people who type "utorrent" back.

Maybe for the rest of the night I shall take to pronouncing it "my-KROT-o-rent." After all, I live where "kilometer" rhymes not with "millimeter" but with "thermometer."

Archived