Question about new/old strings to translate

damjang

Hi! I'm one of the translators of uTorrent. Always that a new version come out there is some new strings/texts to translate. But I find that normally a lot of text that have to be translated in new version have been already translated in previous version/s. I don't know how these translations get loose. But here is my question: it will be possible to make an automatism that search through old translations to find already translated text? Maybe then show these translations to confirm that is/are all right?

damjang

@damjang:

This is a known problem on this build 17427. It seems like the devs renamed some existing ID's, additional to the new text - which causes to have a lot of additional lines.

Best way (as I always do) is: Create your "utorrent.exe.lang.txt" which works 100% and then upload it as language file for this build.

It's easier to search/copy/paste in an editor than in µTS ...

But be sure, I am nagging too ...

Yes I know and work with txt file (for search). But say this because if there can be an automatic checker can be usable by all translators.

E.g.: in the today new build there is 4 new string that have to be translated. 3 of it was already present in previous build...

Archived