[suggest sticky] 1.8.1 Skin for 2.0

m0d

I would like to suggest that we sticky a post to the 1.8.1 skin for 2.0.

After the update to 2.0, I was about to delete it and install 1.8.1. All because of the way 2.0 looks. I'm glad I was lucky enough to find a skin here, but it'll get covered by new posts quickly.

Sorry to criticize you guys new work. 2.0 is technically excellent, but visually it was a BIG step backwards.

m0d

+1

I adore how 1.8.1 looks.

2.0 looks bad. I immediate switched to Phoenity skin, but I miss 1.8.1 look. Are there status icons for 2.0 in 1.8.1 style?

[edit]

OK, I've found (almost) Original 1.8.1 status icons and tab icons. Too bad that author did not make a forum thread. I still think that these icons need a bit of tweaking, but it's better than 2.0.

Maybe someone could exctract the icons from 1.8.1 executable?

[edit]

I don't know if it's possible to skin connection status icons (those in status bar, left to the download speed, right to the DHT status), because they pretty much suck as they are now.

[edit]

After a bit of lurking, here's almost accurate recreation of the "old" 1.8x look by forum member emc: http://www.utorrent.cz/dwn/utorrent-skin.rar

On Skins Browser page (http://www.utorrent.com/skins/index/category/toolbar/order/popular/limit/20?order=newest&limit=20)

Toobar icons are called: 1.8.x Original Operanized

Status icons are called: 1.8x (almost) Original...

and

Tab icons are called: 1.8.x (almost) Original Tabs <- although I think that some icons here are lacking, for example (i) information icon and (S) speed icon.

All in all, I think that this about covers it. Sticky would be prefered :) Long live "classic" icons :)

Ask rafi (who posted the icon skin), he is often online.

I have managed to find emc's skin.rar, which is basicaly the same as rafi's uploads, but I think that emc's toolbars are more accurate. Shadow effect is better on emc's bitmaps, and the borders are smoother.

Thank you for your suggestion :)

I still don't know is it possible to skin connection status icons (those in status bar, left to the download speed, right to the DHT status)?

Archived