utorrent 2.0 have problems or what?

cursing

hi

3 day now i have install the last version of utorrent (2.0) and im try download 1 movie .

my max speed with this movie and not only is 10kb/sec i delete the utorrent and i try with 1.8.5 the old GOOD version .speed there in 1.8.5 is ALWAYS over 150+ kb/sec .i try again with utorrent 2.0 to see if the program or the seed from movie is the problem but movie has 300+active seeders thats mean at least 300+ kb/sec lolz .so the problem is the client 2.0 or same settings maybe idk thats why im here :)

im using windows 7 eternity 64 bits and 2mbits adsl isp connection (i know is too low but i dont have problems :P)

reply me because i need fast help :D im try 3 days to download one movie 900 mb lolz

In advanced settings, try setting bt.tcp_rate_control to FALSE and net.calc_overhead to FALSE.

If that doesn't seem to help, under BitTorrent uncheck Bandwidth Management (which disables uTP).

uTorrent v2.0.1 stable should make uTP immensely better.

i haven't had an internet connection on my hp for 2 months so when i got internet a couple days ago, i started using utorrent again, but the uploads don't get any higher than 150kb/s. but the thing is.. before, i used to get at least 600kb/s. so i did a speed test on my hp and it said i have a 1359kbps downloading speed and a 214kbps uploading speed. i've tried EVERYTHING that this website has mentioned, but nothing has worked. can someone help me get back to the downloading speed that i used to have please?

uTorrent 2.0 fails hard.

been using uTorrent since 2005 and always worked fine, with my actual optic fiber internet and with W7 x64 the uTorrent 1.8.5 sticks above 1.2mb/s at all times.

updated to 2.0: when i start it the speed goes like 500kb/s, then it goes below 100kb/s even below 10kb/s sometimes.

deinstalled 2.0 and reinstalled 1.8.5: awesome speeds are back 24/7.

Bottom line is: either is a W7 incompability issue or a x64 incompability issue with version 2.0. Or v2.0 just fails.

It sure isnt my internet or my computer, because it works fine with 1.8.5

My advice is: before you release a final version with loads of new stuff make sure the old stuff is working fine. I dont want a toaster that does all kinds of cool stuff but cant do toasts.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the same problem after installing 2.0. It slowly starts freezing (the program), to the point where it doesn't respond at all (though it still keeps downloading). Download speed keeps at about 20kb. Uninstalled it and installed 1.8.5, works as well as it used to and download speed is at 1,2Mb with the same torrents.

I'm using XP Home.

Edit: ...and I'm also using F-Secure Internet Security 2010 (if that makes a difference)

Edit 2: Just tried the latest beta, and thats seems to work fine so far.

ENGLISH:

hey darkw,same problem here. ADLS2 connection, win 7 64bits and always above 1.2mb/s. when I updated to 2.0,I had the same problem . Poor speed, always below 200kb.Now I'm back to 1.8.5 (thanks 2 you), and now is working fine.

PORTUGUESE:

olá darw,estou com o mesmo problema aqui. Conexão Adsl2,usando win7 64bits sempre acima de 1.2mb/s. E quando mudei para o 2.0,tive o mesmo problema.conexão pobre,sempre abaixo dos 200kb/s.Agora voltei para o 1.8.5(graças a voce) ,e agora funciona perfeitamente.

Archived