reducing upload speed reduces download speed

spidermonkey666

It's because of calculating overheads and having them also affected by the speed limiter.

Try turning off net.calc_overhead in preferences, advanced settings.

Here's my screenshot of setting DL max to 1 KB/sec killing UL speeds:

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/9223/utlowdlkillsul.png

...Oddly, the speed die-off isn't near-instantaneous like I expected it would be!

From the opposite side of the problem...:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=71002

...Though in that case download and upload activities rose so much (LAN-speed local peers/seeds!) as to cripple other traffic -- rather than lowering the upload/download limiters in uTorrent. It's much the same cause/effect relationship though.

bad news.....net.calc_overhead was already set to false. anyone have any other suggestions?

edit: here are the requested screenshots

bandwidth: http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/8648/90577879.jpg

queueing: http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/1286/98519499.jpg

i have made no changes to the program since installing it so this is the default config.

If net.calc_overhead was already set to false, then the problem is something other/more than the links I posted earlier.

Your upload speed is often a clearer sign of problems, if you're on a torrent with many peers connected to you that want to download from you. If your upload speed is running even 5 KB/sec below what you set the max to...there may be issues!

so i want to make sure i am understanding what you are saying here. if someone is downloading from me, it should always be hitting what i have set as the max upload speed, no matter what? how can i verify how many peers want to download from me in a swarm? i often hit the max upload speed, depending on the torrent of course...

If you have "enough" peers trying to download from you, you should be able to reach max upload speed...barring interference of course. So if you're not reaching max much of the time, start looking for what might be interfering...software firewalls, bad routers, wireless/USB networking, hostile ISPs, etc.

ok, i have looked through a ton of the threads here and i dont know if its the swarm, connected clients, or what. so I have tweaked some of the settings based upon what you have listed in your sig. i would really like to get this fixed, it looks like its an overall upload speed problem that depends upon the torrent. some of the torrents have really high upload speeds and some dont. 99% of my torrents are coming from private trackers.

here are screenshots of most of my settings screens within preferences. all of the advanced settings have been reset to default. i am currently running windows firewall only and it has the utorrent exceptions as both inbound and outbound rules. none of the network status lights in the utorrent status bar are red. all are green for the uploads and blue for the downloads. here are screenshots

queueing:

queueing.jpg

connection:

connectionu.jpg

bittorrent:

bittorrentxg.jpg

bandwidth:

bandwidthu.jpg

speed guide shows this:

speedguide.jpg

which is very inaccurate as there are no servers for me to test on that are anywhere near me. here are some other various speed test results

note...this image was taken while utorrent was running.

internetspeedtest.jpg

note...the following images were taken with utorrent disabled.

for some reason the speedtest.net server in tokyo is gone (i am currently in japan), so i have to use the one in okinawa, which is considerably farther away. here is the results i get from the okinawa server

786922227.png

here are some of the results i was getting from the tokyo server when it was still there

745858347.png

net.max_halfopen is set to 400 and i have never modified the TCPIP.sys file.

OS is windows 7 ultimate x64

security software installed (and running in the background) MS Security Essentials. Windows Firewall.

security software installed (and NOT running in the background) Webroot Spy Sweeper with anti-virus

Router is a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH. Modem is the modem that has been issued by the japanese ISP

Softbank which is piped through an NTT fiber optic connection.

i recently purchased a new computer and it has replaced my old computer and that is when the new issues started to happen. i dont think i have the same issues on my linux puter using transmission (i have used it a couple times for torrenting and it was fast and the upload speeds were good but the processor couldnt really keep up), but its a netbook so its not very good for torrenting.

can you help me fix this issue? could it just be the peers that are downloading from me that arent downloading at a quick speed? or what?

thats what im trying to tell you dude, i dont know how much it can upload stably. on my old computer there were no issues, i would get constant upload speeds that would be much higher than now (easily over 200kb/s constant). now i get spikes where it hits the max setting (currently at 332kb/s) and then it goes back down to a much lower rate. you keep referring me to your links, i have followed all of the steps in your links and it has not solved anything. what do i do from here?

OK, I'll bite. there is ABSOLUTELY no malware on my system and my hijack this log will reflect that. so here is all the info. i appreciate the help but you are being VERY ambiguious. so i am just gonna repost all the stuff i have already posted plus the hijack this log.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2

Scan saved at 23:58:38, on 2010/04/20

Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.01.3504)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)

Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\scheduler\STService.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Toaster.exe

C:\Program Files\OSD\Launch_CC.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe

C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\AlienwareAlienFXController.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\DVICO\TViXNetShare\TViXNetShare.exe

C:\Users\Nick\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe

C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\AlienSense\FATrayMon.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared Files\brs.exe

C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\AlienSense\FATrayAlert.exe

C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\AlienFXHook32Mngr.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Windows\SysWow64\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10e.exe

C:\Users\Nick\Desktop\pxp\procexp.exe

C:\Program Files (x86)\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=userinit.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll

O2 - BHO: URLHooker2 Class - {93935F7F-9C88-42F8-8445-95251D27FABC} - C:\PROGRA~2\FLASHV~1\URLHOO~1.DLL (file missing)

O2 - BHO: FAIESSO Helper Object - {A2F122DA-055F-4df7-8F24-7354DBDBA85B} - C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\AlienSense\FAIESSO.dll

O2 - BHO: Java Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [OSD] "c:\Program Files\OSD\Launch.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FATrayAlert] "C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\AlienSense\FATrayMon.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RemoteControl8] "c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\PDVD8Serv.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PDVD8LanguageShortcut] "c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD8\Language\Language.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bDRegion] "c:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\Shared Files\brs.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [uCam_Menu] "c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\YouCam\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "c:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\YouCam" UpdateWithCreateOnce "Software\CyberLink\YouCam\2.0"

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Launcher] C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\scheduler\Launcher.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [sTToasterLauncher] C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\toasterLauncher.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [TViXNetShare] C:\Program Files (x86)\DVICO\TViXNetShare\TViXNetShare.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RESTART_STICKY_NOTES] C:\Windows\System32\StikyNot.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [uTorrent] "C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe"

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')

O4 - Startup: Dropbox.lnk = Nick\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Bluetooth.lnk = ?

O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~4\Office12\EXCEL.EXE/3000

O8 - Extra context menu item: イメージを Bluetooth デバイスに送信(&B)... - c:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie_ctx.htm

O8 - Extra context menu item: ページを Bluetooth デバイスに送信(&B)... - c:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm

O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~4\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll

O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~4\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL

O9 - Extra button: Bluetooth ヘ送る - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - c:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Bluetooth デバイスに送信(&B) - {CCA281CA-C863-46ef-9331-5C8D4460577F} - c:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btsendto_ie.htm

O13 - Gopher Prefix:

O15 - ESC Trusted Zone: http://*.update.microsoft.com

O16 - DPF: {C1F8FC10-E5DB-4112-9DBF-6C3FF728D4E3} (DellSystemLite.Scanner) - http://supportapj.dell.com/systemprofiler/DellSystemLite.CAB

O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL

O20 - Winlogon Notify: FastAccess - C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\AlienSense\FALogNot.dll

O23 - Service: Andrea ST Filters Service (AESTFilters) - Andrea Electronics Corporation - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt64.inf_amd64_neutral_056607ee0106e5e8\AESTSr64.exe

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Alg.exe,-112 (ALG) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\alg.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: Alienware Fusion Service (AlienFusionService) - Alienware - C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\AlienFusionService.exe

O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe

O23 - Service: Bonjour サービス (Bonjour Service) - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe

O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - c:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\btwdins.exe

O23 - Service: Vista Session Launcher Service (CustomSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\OSD\Service1.exe

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\efssvc.dll,-100 (EFS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\lsass.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: FAService - Sensible Vision - C:\Program Files\Alienware\Command Center\AlienSense\FAService.exe

O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\fxsresm.dll,-118 (Fax) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\fxssvc.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: GoToAssist - Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\g2aservice.exe

O23 - Service: Intel® Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe

O23 - Service: iPod サービス (iPod Service) - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: @keyiso.dll,-100 (KeyIso) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @comres.dll,-2797 (MSDTC) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\msdtc.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: Nero BackItUp Scheduler 4.0 - Nero AG - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Nero\Nero BackItUp 4\NBService.exe

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\System32\netlogon.dll,-102 (Netlogon) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\psbase.dll,-300 (ProtectedStorage) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\Locator.exe,-2 (RpcLocator) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\locator.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\samsrv.dll,-1 (SamSs) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: SoftThinks Agent Service (SftService) - SoftThinks - C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\sftservice.EXE

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\snmptrap.exe,-3 (SNMPTRAP) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\snmptrap.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\spoolsv.exe,-1 (Spooler) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\sppsvc.exe,-101 (sppsvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\sppsvc.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt64.inf_amd64_neutral_056607ee0106e5e8\STacSV64.exe

O23 - Service: Steam Client Service - Valve Corporation - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Steam\SteamService.exe

O23 - Service: TeamViewer 5 (TeamViewer5) - TeamViewer GmbH - C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamViewer\Version5\TeamViewer_Service.exe

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\ui0detect.exe,-101 (UI0Detect) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\UI0Detect.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vaultsvc.dll,-1003 (VaultSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\vds.exe,-100 (vds) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\vds.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\vssvc.exe,-102 (VSS) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\vssvc.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%SystemRoot%\system32\Wat\WatUX.exe,-601 (WatAdminSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\Wat\WatAdminSvc.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe,-104 (wbengine) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbengine.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: Webroot Spy Sweeper ウェブルート スパイ スウィーパー エンジン (WebrootSpySweeperService) - Webroot Software, Inc. (www.webroot.com) - C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\SpySweeper.exe

O23 - Service: @%Systemroot%\system32\wbem\wmiapsrv.exe,-110 (wmiApSrv) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\system32\wbem\WmiApSrv.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: @%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe,-101 (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: Webroot Client Service (WRConsumerService) - Webroot Software, Inc. - C:\Program Files (x86)\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\WRConsumerService.exe

--

End of file - 10286 bytes

SLOW TRANSFER SPEEDS (be it upload or download) in µTorrent

COMMON PROCEDURES (THIS IS A LINK -- CLICK IT) - done it, didnt work.

Restart µTorrent, your computer, modem, and/or router after performing any of the suggestions below - done it, didnt work.

Make sure you have a green network status light in the µTorrent status bar and/or the port checker in the Speed Guide (Ctrl+G) shows the port to be open - as shown in previous screenshots, everything here is fine.

Try testing a torrent from OpenOffice.org, Slackware Linux, or Ubuntu Linux? (If any of them run quickly, then the problems you're experiencing likely lie only with the swarm) - this will only help to resolve my issue if there are people downloading the torrent. i grabbed the torrent but no one else happened to be downloading from me.

Try enabling Protocol Encryption? (Can be found in Preferences > BitTorrent) - enabled, as seen in previous screenshot.

Try disabling bt.tcp_rate_control? (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced) - tried it, didnt work.

Try various uTP settings? (Set Preferences > Advanced > bt.transp_disposition to 31 to enable, 26 to force, 21 to disable) - tried it, didnt work. currently set at 31.

Make sure peer.lazy_bitfield is enabled? (Can be found in Preferences > Advanced) - it was enabled by default.

Test your connection with Glasnost to make sure your ISP isn't throttling BitTorrent (and check this thread for a compiled list of ISPs known to throttle) -its not and here are the results.

Is your upload traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your uploads.

Is your download traffic rate limited?

There is no indication that your ISP rate limits your downloads.

Detailed test results giving the throughput per flow Glasnost runs:

All BitTorrent and control flow transfers using port 6881

Transfer Direction Bandwidth BitTorrent flow Bandwidth control flow

Download #1 2757 Kbps 2656 Kbps

Download #2 2818 Kbps 2736 Kbps

Download #3 2778 Kbps 2672 Kbps

Upload #1 2978 Kbps 2946 Kbps

Upload #2 2946 Kbps 2987 Kbps

Upload #3 2950 Kbps 2940 Kbps

All BitTorrent and control flow transfers using port 51721

Transfer Direction Bandwidth BitTorrent flow Bandwidth control flow

Download #1 2703 Kbps 2729 Kbps

Download #2 2756 Kbps 2754 Kbps

Download #3 2757 Kbps 2739 Kbps

Upload #1 2955 Kbps 3007 Kbps

Upload #2 3000 Kbps 2961 Kbps

Upload #3 2948 Kbps 2996 Kbps

BitTorrent transfers using port 6881 and port 51721

Transfer Direction Bandwidth Port 6881 Bandwidth Port 51721

Download #1 2757 Kbps 2703 Kbps

Download #2 2818 Kbps 2756 Kbps

Download #3 2778 Kbps 2757 Kbps

Upload #1 2978 Kbps 2955 Kbps

Upload #2 2946 Kbps 3000 Kbps

Upload #3 2950 Kbps 2948 Kbps

Control flow transfers using port 6881 and port 51721

Transfer Direction Bandwidth Port 6881 Bandwidth Port 51721

Download #1 2656 Kbps 2729 Kbps

Download #2 2736 Kbps 2754 Kbps

Download #3 2672 Kbps 2739 Kbps

Upload #1 2946 Kbps 3007 Kbps

Upload #2 2987 Kbps 2961 Kbps

Upload #3 2940 Kbps 2996 Kbps

If none of this helps, PROVIDE US WITH INFORMATION (THIS IS A LINK -- CLICK IT).

EVERYTHING you've tried so far, including ANYTHING listed above (please be as explicit and specific as you can). Tell us what your changed settings are. - listed in previous posts.

The state/value of all of the options you were recommended to change up above. - everything has been returned to defaults for the moment.

Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window) - green with a check in it.

What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes - see the previous post for screenshot.

What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent) - see previous post for screenshot.

What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent), and if you ever modified TCPIP.sys, what you patched the limit to - net.max_halfopen is set to 400. never modified tcpip.sys.

Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?) - windows 7 x64. as i said before.

Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware) - again, i listed this before. MS essentials is installed and running actively. spy sweeper with antivirus is installed but is not running (the service has to start at windows startup but the program does not run). windows firewall.

Exact router model(s), and exact modem model - listed in a previous post, buffalo wzr-hp-g300nh

ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used - as mentioned before, yahoo!bb run through an NTT fiber optic connection

Connection type (DSL, cable, dial-up), and the results obtained from the speed test (when running the Speed Guide), for both download AND upload. Be sure that you aren't using your connection for any other reason besides testing, while testing. That means no downloading, no IMing, no µTorrent running, no browser activity (other than the testing), etc. Additionally, no other computer on your network (if any) should be using the connection. When you select a testing mirror, use the ones that are geographically closest to you. - done it but there is nothing that is very close to me, greece is the closest. settings were changed manually based upon your suggestions. connection type is fiber optic. current settings are 4.09Mbit/s

and here is the process explorer info

Process PID CPU Private Bytes Working Set Description Company Name

System Idle Process 0 93.84 0 K 24 K

Interrupts n/a 0 K 0 K Hardware Interrupts

DPCs n/a 0.37 0 K 0 K Deferred Procedure Calls

System 4 124 K 5,636 K

smss.exe 364 764 K 1,356 K

csrss.exe 508 2,916 K 7,312 K

wininit.exe 596 2,540 K 5,912 K

services.exe 652 6,724 K 10,456 K

svchost.exe 784 0.19 7,920 K 12,872 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

WmiPrvSE.exe 1528 1.49 8,564 K 13,496 K

FlashUtil10e.exe 1764 2,112 K 6,100 K Adobe Flash Player Helper 10.0 r45 Adobe Systems, Inc.

dllhost.exe 3432 0.37 3,196 K 6,928 K COM Surrogate Microsoft Corporation

WRConsumerService.exe 848 4,400 K 9,756 K WRConsumerService Webroot Software, Inc.

nvvsvc.exe 876 2,232 K 4,780 K NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 186.47 NVIDIA Corporation

nvvsvc.exe 1592 4,300 K 9,676 K

svchost.exe 916 5,168 K 9,016 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

MsMpEng.exe 984 0.19 157,316 K 79,844 K AntiMalware Service Executable Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 132 20,752 K 23,848 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

audiodg.exe 5472 19,972 K 20,204 K

svchost.exe 476 121,452 K 130,736 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

dwm.exe 3760 0.19 31,068 K 41,244 K Desktop Window Manager Microsoft Corporation

FAService.exe 504 13,164 K 19,800 K FastAccess Sensible Vision

svchost.exe 1004 38,488 K 56,988 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

stacsv64.exe 1032 13,784 K 9,912 K IDT PC Audio IDT, Inc.

svchost.exe 1268 12,528 K 19,800 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1392 32,412 K 36,280 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

spoolsv.exe 1768 7,424 K 13,088 K Spooler SubSystem App Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 1804 17,864 K 19,796 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

AESTSr64.exe 1884 1,896 K 3,476 K Andrea filters APO access service (64-bit) Andrea Electronics Corporation

AppleMobileDeviceService.exe 2264 2,592 K 6,364 K Apple Mobile Device Service Apple Inc.

mDNSResponder.exe 2284 2,620 K 6,084 K Bonjour Service Apple Inc.

btwdins.exe 2312 2,892 K 6,492 K Bluetooth Support Server Broadcom Corporation.

Service1.exe 2392 1,892 K 5,592 K

OSD_Main.exe 2228 3,280 K 8,408 K

svchost.exe 2424 10,172 K 18,388 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

NBService.exe 2456 3,460 K 8,412 K Nero BackItUp Nero AG

SftService.exe 2556 3,492 K 7,716 K

TeamViewer_Service.exe 2612 1,296 K 3,940 K TeamViewer Service TeamViewer GmbH

SpySweeper.exe 2648 15,008 K 17,452 K Spy Sweeper Engine Webroot Software, Inc. (www.webroot.com)

IAANTmon.exe 2844 2,660 K 6,820 K RAID Monitor Intel Corporation

taskhost.exe 3572 8,760 K 10,424 K Host Process for Windows Tasks Microsoft Corporation

SearchIndexer.exe 4052 59,040 K 39,880 K Microsoft Windows Search Indexer Microsoft Corporation

wmpnetwk.exe 4796 19,228 K 12,752 K Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service Microsoft Corporation

svchost.exe 4984 12,236 K 15,332 K Host Process for Windows Services Microsoft Corporation

iPodService.exe 620 4,492 K 8,840 K iPodService Module (64-bit) Apple Inc.

taskhost.exe 5260 8,272 K 15,732 K

lsass.exe 672 0.19 6,428 K 14,092 K Local Security Authority Process Microsoft Corporation

lsm.exe 680 3,108 K 4,752 K

csrss.exe 616 0.19 3,680 K 17,740 K

conhost.exe 3896 2,500 K 5,688 K

conhost.exe 4396 2,488 K 5,624 K Console Window Host Microsoft Corporation

conhost.exe 4424 2,488 K 5,608 K Console Window Host Microsoft Corporation

winlogon.exe 1616 4,600 K 9,800 K

explorer.exe 3784 0.19 45,944 K 79,268 K Windows Explorer Microsoft Corporation

SynTPEnh.exe 3296 10,232 K 15,200 K Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements Synaptics Incorporated

SynTPHelper.exe 4572 2,336 K 4,436 K

sttray64.exe 3348 7,964 K 16,632 K IDT PC Audio IDT, Inc.

rundll32.exe 3368 2,008 K 4,112 K Windows host process (Rundll32) Microsoft Corporation

Launch_CC.exe 1640 2,172 K 6,804 K Alienware Corporation

IAAnotif.exe 1224 2,828 K 7,676 K Event Monitor User Notification Tool Intel Corporation

AlienwareAlienFXController.exe 2140 33,704 K 33,732 K Alienware AlienFX Controller Alienware Corporation

AlienFXHook32Mngr.exe 4388 9,404 K 9,368 K AlienFXHook32 Manager Alienware

AlienFXHook64Mngr.exe 4412 33,924 K 15,448 K AlienFXHook64 Manager Alienware

msseces.exe 296 6,164 K 16,068 K Microsoft Security Essentials User Interface Microsoft Corporation

sidebar.exe 1716 0.19 74,504 K 73,628 K Windows Desktop Gadgets Microsoft Corporation

TViXNetShare.exe 3948 43,264 K 16,036 K DVICO

StikyNot.exe 4048 7,912 K 15,188 K Sticky Notes Microsoft Corporation

BTTray.exe 4000 8,384 K 14,380 K Bluetooth Tray Application Broadcom Corporation.

Dropbox.exe 3996 41,388 K 47,248 K Dropbox

notepad.exe 2944 3,836 K 9,412 K Notepad Microsoft Corporation

procexp.exe 3864 1,660 K 8,204 K Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

procexp64.exe 3452 2.24 31,648 K 51,176 K Sysinternals Process Explorer Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

uTorrent.exe 2260 0.37 11,248 K 21,064 K μTorrent BitTorrent, Inc.

DSUpd.exe 3880 24,840 K 19,664 K

STService.exe 3988 6,636 K 13,580 K

Toaster.exe 4088 32,528 K 33,672 K

FATrayMon.exe 3516 1,768 K 4,760 K FATrayMon Sensible Vision

FATrayAlert.exe 2504 4,612 K 10,284 K FATrayAlert Application Sensible Vision

PDVD8Serv.exe 2212 1,656 K 5,572 K PowerDVD RC Service CyberLink Corp.

brs.exe 760 1,312 K 4,124 K brs cyberlink

iexplore.exe 5580 19,244 K 40,548 K Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation

iexplore.exe 5444 130,184 K 103,136 K Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation

iexplore.exe 5704 29,656 K 40,236 K Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation

Process: uTorrent.exe Pid: 2260

Name Description Company Name Version

ADVAPI32.dll Advanced Windows 32 Base API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

apphelp.dll Application Compatibility Client Library Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

ATL.DLL ATL Module for Windows XP (Unicode) Microsoft Corporation 3.5.2284.0

AUTHZ.dll Authorization Framework Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

C_1252.NLS

CLBCatQ.DLL COM+ Configuration Catalog Microsoft Corporation 2001.12.8530.16385

COMCTL32.dll User Experience Controls Library Microsoft Corporation 6.10.7600.16385

comdlg32.dll Common Dialogs DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

credssp.dll Credential Delegation Security Package Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

CRYPT32.dll Crypto API32 Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

CRYPTBASE.dll Base cryptographic API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

CRYPTSP.dll Cryptographic Service Provider API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

dhcpcsvc.DLL DHCP Client Service Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

dhcpcsvc6.DLL DHCPv6 Client Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

DnsApi.dll DNS Client API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

dwmapi.dll Microsoft Desktop Window Manager API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

FirewallAPI.dll Windows Firewall API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

fwpuclnt.dll FWP/IPsec User-Mode API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

GDI32.dll GDI Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

GPAPI.dll Group Policy Client API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

hnetcfg.dll Home Networking Configuration Manager Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

hnetcfg.dll.mui Home Networking Configuration Manager Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

ieframe.dll Internet Browser Microsoft Corporation 8.0.7600.16535

iertutil.dll Run time utility for Internet Explorer Microsoft Corporation 8.0.7600.16385

IMM32.DLL Multi-User Windows IMM32 API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

index.dat

index.dat

index.dat

index.dat

Iphlpapi.dll IP Helper API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

kernel32.dll Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

KERNELBASE.dll Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

KernelBase.dll.mui Windows NT BASE API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

locale.nls

LPK.dll Language Pack Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

mdnsNSP.dll Bonjour Namespace Provider Apple Inc. 2.0.0.34

MSASN1.dll ASN.1 Runtime APIs Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16415

MSCTF.dll MSCTF Server DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

msctf.dll.mui MSCTF Server DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

msvcrt.dll Windows NT CRT DLL Microsoft Corporation 7.0.7600.16385

mswsock.dll Microsoft Windows Sockets 2.0 Service Provider Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

msxml3.dll MSXML 3.0 SP11 Microsoft Corporation 8.110.7600.16385

msxml3r.dll XML Resources Microsoft Corporation 8.110.7600.16385

netshell.dll Network Connections Shell Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

netutils.dll Net Win32 API Helpers DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

nlaapi.dll Network Location Awareness 2 Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

Normaliz.dll Unicode Normalization DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

npmproxy.dll Network List Manager Proxy Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

NSI.dll NSI User-mode interface DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

ntdll.dll NT Layer DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

ntdll.dll NT Layer DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

ntmarta.dll Windows NT MARTA provider Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

ole32.dll Microsoft OLE for Windows Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

OLEACC.dll Active Accessibility Core Component Microsoft Corporation 7.0.0.0

oleaccrc.dll Active Accessibility Resource DLL Microsoft Corporation 7.0.0.0

oleaut32.dll Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

peerdist.dll BranchCache Client Library Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

profapi.dll User Profile Basic API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

PROPSYS.dll Microsoft Property System Microsoft Corporation 7.0.7600.16385

PSAPI.DLL Process Status Helper Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

rasadhlp.dll Remote Access AutoDial Helper Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

RPCRT4.dll Remote Procedure Call Runtime Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

RpcRtRemote.dll Remote RPC Extension Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

rsaenh.dll Microsoft Enhanced Cryptographic Provider Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

sechost.dll Host for SCM/SDDL/LSA Lookup APIs Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

SHELL32.dll Windows Shell Common Dll Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16460

shfolder.dll Shell Folder Service Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

SHLWAPI.dll Shell Light-weight Utility Library Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

slc.dll Software Licensing Client Dll Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

SortDefault.nls

SSDPAPI.dll SSDP Client API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

SspiCli.dll Security Support Provider Interface Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

StaticCache.dat

SXS.DLL Fusion 2.5 Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

upnp.dll UPnP Control Point API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

urlmon.dll OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation 8.0.7600.16535

urlmon.dll.mui OLE32 Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation 8.0.7600.16385

USER32.dll Multi-User Windows USER API Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

USERENV.dll Userenv Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

USP10.dll Uniscribe Unicode script processor Microsoft Corporation 1.626.7600.16385

uTorrent.exe μTorrent BitTorrent, Inc. 2.0.1.19078

uxtheme.dll Microsoft UxTheme Library Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

VERSION.dll Version Checking and File Installation Libraries Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

webio.dll Web Transfer Protocols API Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

WINHTTP.dll Windows HTTP Services Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

WININET.dll Internet Extensions for Win32 Microsoft Corporation 8.0.7600.16535

WINNSI.DLL Network Store Information RPC interface Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

wkscli.dll Workstation Service Client DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

WLDAP32.dll Win32 LDAP API DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

wow64.dll Win32 Emulation on NT64 Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16491

wow64cpu.dll AMD64 Wow64 CPU Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

wow64win.dll Wow64 Console and Win32 API Logging Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

WS2_32.dll Windows Socket 2.0 32-Bit DLL Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

wship6.dll Winsock2 Helper DLL (TL/IPv6) Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

wshtcpip.dll Winsock2 Helper DLL (TL/IPv4) Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385

and for shits and giggles, i just bypassed the router, flushed the DNS and did an ipconfig /release and /renew. this changed nothing. i have also tried resetting the modem to no avail.

"Test your connection with Glasnost to make sure your ISP isn't throttling BitTorrent (and check this thread for a compiled list of ISPs known to throttle) -its not and here are the results."

From that results, I'd say Glasnost failed horribly. Surely your connection isn't limited to ~3000 kilobits/second?! I get 2-4 times that on download myself!

"Exact router model(s), and exact modem model - listed in a previous post, buffalo wzr-hp-g300nh"

That router should be good. You using Tomato or dd-wrt on it?

I have use bittorrent.This two setting upload speed in a bittorrent.

1. The more upload you give out to other peers, the more download you will get back from them.

2. If upload is set too high, or to unlimited, download speed will suffer as needed communications from your computer will not have room to get out.

actually i called them last night. its a strange setup they got running. you technically have 2 ISPs with my setup. so i called one, we bypassed their router (their router is very passive and acts more like an identifier to their pppoe system. essentially i have 2 routers in my setup but the settings on ISP 1's "router" are all turned off, allowing the buffalo router to control everything) and ran direct from the modem, ran a speed test and i still couldnt get outta the 20's for download and it could only muster about 13ish for the upload. so we called ISP 2 and they are sending out a tech on sunday to investigate. as we ran straight from the modem and saw no increase there is definately something wrong on the back end. glad to see its not the fault of utorrent (which i kinda figured). thanks for checkin out me stuff.

lol i agree. naturally is pisses me off to have such a huge speed hit. hopefully it will get all fixed up on sunday. i there is really only 1 ISP and the second one really just get you a discount. its hard to explain how the system is setup here. i will report back on sunday after the dude comes and checks it out and report my results.

Archived