uTorrent Disk Overloaded 100%

Legolash2o

I have looked around the forum and tried all of the suggestions but to no avail.

The problem is that its writing downloads slow to the SSD, it goes fast then goes very slow but strange thing is if i copy a large iso image to the SSD when while its slow it copies an ISO to same disk at 60Mbps+. Also Avast is disabled.

uTorrent is just not writing to the disk fast enough, the fastest it will go is around 60Kbps when writing to the disk, t did the same thing on my secondary HDD.

uTorrent 2.1 Alpha 18959 (tried the stable version too)

i.e.

Fast D: 600kB/s O:60kB/s

Slow D: 10kB/s O:2.2kB/s

60445835.th.png

50984214.th.png

43157584.th.png

60888081.th.png

HPdv9930us

Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2Ghz

4GB DDR2 RAM

64GB Corsair CMFSSD-64GBG2D

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Update: i change it to 128MB Cache, the download and Output increased to 40kB/s, it seems that when the cache is full it slows down the writing to disk aswell, so it seems like it doesn't ever write to the drive so the cache can be cleared. The used amount of cache is just getting fuller and fuller until it it used but never dumps anything to the drive fast enough.

I've been having the exact same problem, which started yesterday for me.

Disk Overloaded 100%, using uTorrent 2.1 Alpha 18959, drivers up to date.

My laptop:

HP Pavilion dv7-1020us notebook

Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 2.99GHz

4GB DDR2 RAM

Hard drive is a 320 GB, 5400 rpm SATA drive ("TOSHIBA MK3252GSX ATA Device" is what Device manager reports)

Edit: I'm trying to download a much smaller file now (764 MB), and it's working just fine, but when I was downloading an 8.77 GB torrent, I got the error. I'm guessing my cache settings are just f***ed up, or something along those lines.

Edit 2: I changed the cache settings, and now it's working fine. Unchecked all of them except "Reduce memory usage when the cache is not needed". No problems now.

Archived