what's the BIGGEST torrent u ever dld??

maku8ex

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

shadek: holy crap, what was that? The biggest torrent I've ever seen was ~55GB.

dabreaka: Well, I have to. Sucks over here in Australia (though better than many places), the best plan you can get with 24mbit download is 40/40GB (I'm on 20/20) which costs AU$90 per month. 20/20 means you can download 20GB during peak times - 7am - midnight, and 20GB during off-peak times. µT's scheduler rocks. :D

The 97 GB torrent was... a complete collection of 25 DVDs. At first, the collection was divided into 3 parts. Next time it was released, it was only one, huuuge, torrent. I don't know why they made 3 parts or why they'd make a HUGE torrent. It was nice though.

EDIT: I'm beginning to feel spoiled. How can you guys stand those caps? 90 australian $? That's called a 'fraud'. In Sweden you can get 8/1 for around €30, with no caps on how much you can down/upload.

EDIT: I'm beginning to feel spoiled. How can you guys stand those caps? 90 australian $? That's called a 'fraud'. In Sweden you can get 8/1 for around €30, with no caps on how much you can down/upload.

Well, like I said, that's the best plan you can get, really. I pay $70 per month (just over US$50, or 35 euros I think), which gives me half of that amount to download.

The thing is, we have no sort of fiber infrastructure around here, and it's a lot more expensive for our ISPs to pay for bandwidth, since we're essentially an island. I'm not that pissed off about it, it's just what you get for living in Australia. :P

Archived