RSS Feed No Longer Auto-Updating or Auto-DLing

lopp9999

For a few weeks (and I'mm worried that it is since I updated to the latest Build of uTorrent) by TV show RSS feed in much less responsive than it used to be. For Example:

-It used to sheck for updates every 15 minutes, now it seems to check around once every 24 hours.

-New feed items used to begin automatically downloading as soon as they were found, now they just sit there on my feed list with a clock icon next to their name. Their download can be manually started, but otherwise they just sit there for another 24 hours with a status of "RSS".

-My feeds no longer have an orange RSS icon in the main panel (which animates every 15 minutes to show it is checking for new files), but rather the RSS icon is RED.

I've looked at other forum posts, but their answers were no help. Using a proxy didn't work. Adding "username:password@" before the RSS link didn't work. Cookie modification didn't work. I don't want to retrofit and old version of uTorrent onto my computer, but I really ould like this feed to work. Any help would be appreciated. I can provide screenshots or logs if required.

I can only say, I have it working perfectly on 2.01 for a few weeks. so there is still hope for you too ... :)

I would check if any of the relevant RSS settings got screwed up by mistake. Also - enable RSS error logging and see what it says on the logger tab.

• 2 months later...

hi i have the same problem, did you find anything?

i have 2 type of RSS one with password and cookie validate and the other one regular, and in both the feed works manually if i double click on it, but it doesn't work automatically. and as you noticed i see for the first 24 hours the feed entry with a clock icon. and automatically work after 24 hours that the icon turns to regular.

I've changed my settings to download all feed entries and apply smart episode filter. i hope that solves the problem.

also I've seen in the advanced settings 3 options belongs to rss and one i suppose is the interval and it is set to 15.

does 15 means minutes?

sorry to relive an old post, but i searched Google and the forum without finding a solution

ok now is downloading the shows, but some other that doesn't match my request, thou the feed entries still have the clock icon

• 2 weeks later...

I'm suffering a similar problem with RSS feeds. They seem very temperamental, sometimes they function just fine, but majority of the time they just sit there with a red icon and refuse to update. Manually updating does not work once they're non-functioning and simply cycles through the update animation before returning to the red icon.

I can confirm there's nothing wrong with the actual feed as I've tested them through various other readers and they appear to be fine.

Really wish there was a fix for this as, when it is working, the RSS Downloader is a very handy feature indeed.

• 1 year later...

I also have the same problem, RSS feed has not updated in weeks. On checking the log, EVERY entry in the feeds shows:

ERROR: <torrent name> - Invalid download state, try resuming

Clearly I haven't had 6 different sites spontaneously break their RSS feeds. So... fix how and when?

Archived