Torrents in RSS feed delayed ~24 hours

rodney23

I'm using v2.02, and whenever a new torrent is read from the feed (EZTV, showRSS, etc.), it displays a "clock" icon in the name field and will not match any of my favorites. 24 hours later, the status will change to the standard RSS icon, and now will match a favorite and start downloading.

Why is this happening, I didn't use to have a 24 hour delay on RSS downloads after they showed up in the feed! Is this a bug? I don't see anything in the RSS tags that would be causing this... Any help would be appreciated!

~Rodney

Yeah... I noticed that too... even if the auto RSS Downloader favorite won't start for 24 hours, you can right-click and select download and it will act like any other torrent.

I wonder why the 24-hour delay... I could see having a setting somewhere that would set the delay to wait before starting a Favorite download off a feed (for instance, in order to give it time to gather up some other seeds before starting the download... that would ensure speed and availability). But, what I don't get is that it appears to be a hard rule with no options I can find so far.

Anyone else out there know what's going on?

Ultima,

It does wait 24 hours. All of my filters are set to "match always". I can sit here with uTorrent running and watch a torrent that matches one of my filters roll over the 24 hour mark after it was published into the RSS feed. Right at the 24 hour mark, the torrent status goes from the "clock" icon to the green download icon without me doing anything.

any other ideas?

~Rodney

• 2 weeks later...
Ultima,

It does wait 24 hours. All of my filters are set to "match always". I can sit here with uTorrent running and watch a torrent that matches one of my filters roll over the 24 hour mark after it was published into the RSS feed. Right at the 24 hour mark, the torrent status goes from the "clock" icon to the green download icon without me doing anything.

any other ideas?

~Rodney

i not sure about how long it take to start download automatically but i have similar problem and i use v2.0.3

• 2 weeks later...

I too have been having this problem for some time with my torrents. (About a year) I have my RSS Downloader set to "Match always", yet many of the new RSS torrents come in with a clock face in front of them. Often I need to doubleclick the item to get it to start. The problem is intermittent. On occasion the torrents will start downloading by themselves almost immediately, and other times they will NEVER start downloading, even after the clock face icon changes to an orange RSS icon, even though they meet all of the criteria specified in the RSS Downloader.

Well... I haven't heard any response that says its a bug in uTorrent, and since my last post I've upgraded to the latest version and continue to see the problem.

Is anyone else seeing this... anyone else not having the issue? I'm seeing the problem with feeds from multiple sites (ezrss and showrss). While 24 hours is not an eternity... I'd still like it to start when the file is published to the feed! Anyone get feeds from these sites that does not have this problem? If so... can you post some details (version #, rss feed url, etc.) so I can try some options out and try to verify if its something in uTorrent, or in the feeds?

Thanks!

I have the same problem, but after 24 hours, the shows do not download at all. What's weird though is that there are some shows on the feed that download automatically, but some shows that don't. And my feed from ShowRSS has both standard and high definition versions of the shows, and some shows don't download on the first version that pops up, but do automatically download on the second version.

I just noticed that I'm using the ShowRSS feed without namespaces, so I'm going to use the rss feed with namespaces, and see if that makes it better. I'll let people know if that works.

I have the same problem, but after 24 hours, the shows do not download at all. What's weird though is that there are some shows on the feed that download automatically, but some shows that don't. And my feed from ShowRSS has both standard and high definition versions of the shows, and some shows don't download on the first version that pops up, but do automatically download on the second version.

I just noticed that I'm using the ShowRSS feed without namespaces, so I'm going to use the rss feed with namespaces, and see if that makes it better. I'll let people know if that works.

I've had that issue before... likely you have a problem with your filter in the RSS downloader. Something in your filter is keeping you from making a match, show name (are you using wildcards '*', if not... you likely aren't matching... try using the '?' button to ensure your matching items in the feed). I don't think you have the same problem... my items will download at exactly 24 hours after their publish time.

I'm using showRSS,and the filter in uTorrent is simply set to '*', and match always. Furthermore, when new items show up, the clock icon shows up for *some* of the shows, but not all. And its those shows with the clock that won't download. After 24 hours, the clock icon disappears, and the normal rss icon shows up, but uTorrent will still not download.

I tested the settings by disabling the smart episode filter and the wildcard filter matched everything. So perhaps it's something to do with the smart episode filter and the way its excluding episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having trouble with RSS feeds on uTorrent for quite some time now, if it's not a problem with simply updating a feed (even though there is nothing wrong with the source) it's that uTorrent simply chooses to be selective in the torrents it decides to download. It's not an issue of filters as they've worked -and still do every so often- but rather something to do with the way uTorrent handles things now.

I used to be able to open up uTorrent and see a nice orange feed icon and know that my RSSDownloader was doing it's job, sadly I forget what exact version this was and now I'm left with a red icon 70% of the time while praying uTorrent has decided to update/download the latest torrent before it has dropped off the list of feed items.

I'm not sure this is a priority for the uTorrent crew as the topics surrounding the problems with RSS feeds seem to go ignored for the most part, I can only hope they are taking note and at some point the RSS side of things will be back to it's former glory.

• 1 month later...

I think I might have worked out what the problem could be.

The RSS Download matching seems to have a problem where the show name is in one word seperated by (fullstops) .

Eg.

Sons.Of.Anarchy.S03E05.Turning.and.Turning.HDTV.XviD-FQM.avi

I can try all sorts of combinations and it won't match it.

Eg. *Sons*, *Anarchy*

I thought it was the clock symbol thing too but they work ok on names that are seperated by spaces. The matching is a little bit dodgy I find, sometimes you still have to use a *colbert* to Find The Colbert Show for example.

Hope others can confirm this as well and maybe the programmers can fix it.

I will give it 24 hours and see if it works then and let you know tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I came here because I too have been having the same issue. It is not a matter of wrong settings in the filter since I press the "?" and I see my episode come up. However, it seems the DOWNLOAD doesn't start (at least for some feeds. For others it is ok). When I double click on the torrent in the feed it does start.

I don't know if the problem gets fixed after 24h because I never wait that long to start the download when I see that an episode hasn't been downloaded. But I wished it worked properly in the first place.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

I came here because I too have been having the same issue. It is not a matter of wrong settings in the filter since I press the "?" and I see my episode come up. However, it seems the DOWNLOAD doesn't start (at least for some feeds. For others it is ok). When I double click on the torrent in the feed it does start.

I don't know if the problem gets fixed after 24h because I never wait that long to start the download when I see that an episode hasn't been downloaded. But I wished it worked properly in the first place.

Thanks.

I´m having the exact same problem too

• 3 months later...

Think i have this problem to, i havent waited 24h yet but it seems like this problem, I got the clock icon next to the names in rss feed but i can start downloading manually but it wont start automatically for my favorites.. No fix for this yet? :(

Archived