Seeding Problems with 3.0 Alpha

rygavs

I recently installed the Alpha version after using betas for many months, but I've noticed that I'm only getting an average of 300kB/s up, rather than the 2.9mB/s I am usually getting with FiOS. My speedtests are as usual, at 30.97Mb/s down and 18.36Mb/s up.

Another weird thing is that only a couple torrents are active at the same time. I haven't seen more than 6 since I installed the alpha, when I used to see at least 20.

I disabled bandwidth management, which made no difference.

Is this a known problem?

Anything else I should disable or settings I should change?

All of the trackers being used are public and I do not believe have all changed their policies at once.

Most of the trackers are working properly, the only error messages I get are for trackers that are no longer in use.

My setting are 32.8Mb/s, upload limit 3.9mB/s, 300 connections per torrent, 900 max active torrents, 300 upload slots, 800 connections (global), and 900 max active downloads.

The only firewall is the one built into WHS, which is based on Windows Server 2003, which has never caused a problem before.

With the suggested settings of 1.3mB/s upload limit, 25 upload slots, 125 connections per torrent, 800 connections global, 15 max active torrents, and 15 max active downloads, I cant't get above 125kB/s up or more than 4 active at once.

Restarted uTorrent- made no difference

Disabled DHT- made no difference

Disabled UPnP and NAT-PMP- made no difference

Disabled bandwidth management- made no difference

Protocol Encryption is forced

Disabled bt.tcp_rate_control- made no difference

peer.lazy_bitfield is enabled

Changed bt.transp_disposition from 15 to 31- made no difference

No throttling detected

Set everything back to default since it made no difference.

Network status light is green.

net.max_halfopen is set to 8

WHS operating system based on server 2003

Verizon FiOS actiontech WI424WR router/modem

HP LX195 1.6ghz Intel Atom 2gb Ram. 640 Internal, 1TB, 300gb, and 80gb external

After everything was done, upload speed mysteriously shot up to about 2mB/s, but with only 2 active torrents, and is now at about 400kB/s with 3 active torrents.

"After everything was done, upload speed mysteriously shot up to about 2mB/s, but with only 2 active torrents, and is now at about 400kB/s with 3 active torrents."

So it "runs ok" with 2 torrents, but not 3?

Almost screams network overloads.

Set bt.connect_speed to only 1-4.

net.max_halfopen should be only 4-8.

Disable UPnP, NAT-PMP, Resolve IPs, Local Peer Discovery, DHT (both kinds), and bandwidth management ALL AT ONCE rather than testing separately.

Global Max Connections...try 100, reduce that as low as 30 for testing.

Max connections PER torrent must stay lower than global max, so I suggest 10 (while seeding) and 20-50 if not only seeding.

Upload Slots per torrent can be as high as Max connections PER torrent.

"Protocol Encryption is forced"...may be eliminating many potential peer/seed connections.

Thank you very much for your help.

After changing the settings, I was able to get a very inconsistent 1.8-2.5mB/s with only 7 active torrents at once, so I decided to go back to the 2.2 beta.

With the same settings that were suggested, I was able to achieve a record (for me) 3.0mB/s up and sustain it, with 27 active torrents.

Thanks again for your help.

Archived