"Sign Up" for WebUI beta testing

Directrix

Sign up is now done! Thank you all that showed interest in using/testing the webui and I hope that the webui will go public soon. Until then...sit tight.

You have to be a registered forum member to test the webui.

Sorry for keeping you waiting so long for this. If you would like to test the webui please reply in this thread with a short reason why you would like to test it and maybe why you would be a suitable tester (using multiple OS's each with their own browsers, etc.). For this first beta release only 250 testers will be required. So, the first 250 acceptable replies will get to test this little piece of lead.

I will update this post if you have been added to the list and then i'll give you instruction what to do from there in our IRC channel. You must register your nick on p2p-irc before you will be able to enter the channel. Once you've been added to the access list by an op in the channel and registered your nick, follow these instructions. http://www.utorrent.com/remote.txt

The List

----------------------------------------

KitCh, Shadek, StifflerNewb, tjobo, animorc, bobp, Rickie, blerpii, digrem, Martin, ic3d0g, chowmien, thebiglebowski, Vectorferret, muffs69, DaGuesingman, Bhav, Opio, SaoAlpha, StaticFish, whcodered, winMX_67, viri, twinlight, AresXP, ludeboy12, NoOneButMe, Nirvana, breakown, qkslvr221, tdavie, Allied, jblade, N3cr0s, shawnz, Badgerz, dyck15, Dmon, aniComplex, xxdesmus, Asskick, B!LL, jsmith1, dAbReAkA, DavidES, Wobbud, Rekoil, Moredhel, wutang01, TimRogers, bo2000, 00, schnurlos, HoochieMamma, jnx, toastermax, Drunx, Xenus, DonGato, Masske, akaidiot, johnston, hofshi, Ares, tcghost, shooter468, tyskis, fallengod, bbz, wormdevil, Mallus, FoG, cool_myll, mleko, noonetmc, mgorbach, tk422, bcain2005, easyx, iElectric, BlackLion, wsmacsl, iceberq, PuR3, theos, RAINMAN, ortner, StoicJester, KinY, SonicSam, Eddie1506, yuripave, mmccurdy, barhom, crasch, JrMan, camson, D-Kalck, Noodle, Antikk, DaneeL, torrentgeekz, Socrates, Kommander_SER, wormhole, linx05, molitar, AUP, ZipGenius, oichi, Arbor, henrypijames, µtorrent-User, trool, kristoficus, crowman, t8888, A lien, Manaldski, espenfjo, paya, stec00, BlackMeTaL, Matt865, Spartakus, free6, dbunder, Superman, daveshady, Brandon, f0rce, nitro, SVz, KriTenKs, eXtreme, finsken, coca_cola85, kewldude607, antk1, AtmaX, joval, vygi, TheCoolGamer, Amuro, webbson, lesinfox, Raaz, fireworx, JokiKlass, VSLG, Herm, blackice912, wiak, TheBIG, cmunk, gammelkorv, FLX, dbfriends, BLaZor, k3rr, peche, vores8, ronron, jmtucu, GabbaGandalf, schneelocke, bi0logic, IDoSI, dawguru, ↔↔, infirmus, roytam1, iascoot, fiscus, pineapples10, warbird, scott85213, kookykrazee, VooDooTo, soban, stlaus, [sHeeP], TtWEAK, ev0|, arpangurjar, flapjackman176, timle, thailer, Killa, Aremith, proudlarry, HirnToT, Glavata, vaca, wadisnake, alcaholjunkie, tokyovigilante, sHaDYvB, skryptus, Noiz, Afurotsu, fuzzywuzzy, Onion, airrob, modtang, sj26, B10hazard, FearaFox, benrothwell, By-Tor, morpheus6d9, kidman, lzb, Srandista, goodmans, alwayscamp, xmlt, dannywirth, unknownserv, bentheo, dsforsaken, kulprit, smooth, steamfish81, rascalli, esac, Nairium, emporio91, AyAn4m1, felge, nsumner, InvisoSniper, Fredster, Sid32, Hajo1000, simjohan, sektor, dain, shkbobo, icleolion, Alpha-Toxic, mysputnik, davegoodson, Hoondie, musli, gesv, Bytec, crovoaldo, Fredrik, bluecube, frantik, emc, ROCKmyJOCKs, 0wing, soak, klUS7ER

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Directrix! I've personally been waiting for this for a long time, ask DomZ! I've tested alot of things in my day. Things from MSN Messenger to programs that people have created! I'd love to be part of the biggest bittorrent client known to man and I think that i'll be a good beta tester and a good asset to the team!

KitCh

shadek reporting in. i am away a lot, and my 1 gb connection home really is needed to be taken care of. i live here aprox. 4 days a week only. so that's 3 days where i cant do anything with my connection. that's how bad i need it. furthermore, im quite active in the µtorrent-community, and im always on the irc channel in case i'd notice a bug.

Directrix: I'd like to have a testing on this one. There's no special reason for it other than the ones mentioned in your post: multiple OS'es with all possible browsers installed.

I also happen to have the godly gift of finding all possible and impossible unexpected errors as well. (ask Firon about it ;P )

I would be interested in testing the WebUI because I have one PC for all my downloading that is pretty basic, and I right now VNC into it, which puts almost too much strain on it to be usable. Also, VNCing requires a fair amount of bandwidth so if I am in a weak spot of my house with my laptop, it does become unusable. A webUI would fix all these problems.

Hey! I'd love to test this;

My connections only 1Mbit, but i can use pretty much any browser out (Apart from mac ones) I use WinXP on my main main machine with Opera most of the time, but i've got Firefox & IE (obviously) installed too.

Then i've got Ubuntu on my backup machine, i use firefox as the only browser on that - but i wouldn't mind trying any others.

Oh - and i use Linksboks on my xbox :P

Can I please get in on this as well. Got access to several different OS's (I work with servers and such like) and my own connection is 10Mbit I use VNC to access my home machine to get new torrent's. Having access to this beta would be great.

DiGRem

As usual, I will be completely honest with you. You know that I think this is a "feature" that already has many alternatives (RAdmin, VNC etc), all of them are being successfully used by me until today. So, IF you'll 'risk' giving me a copy, you can expect:

a. unbiased subjective opinion

b. results from running on an unorthodox OS (Win98...)

c. using Maxthon browser

d. my special comparative testing against the most vicious RA competition

I impatiently await your decision... :)

µTorrent really needs a good WebUI for those who think VNC and other remote desktop solutions are overkill (including me). I'm also looking forward to remote control µTorrent from firewalled networks like my school, so count me in. :)

INNNTTEEERRESSTTING! :D

I'd like to test it out, I'm a GUI designer (web), and currently working full-time as a web designer. I think I can help a bit :)

I'm also an active tester for various "LIVE " Products, and Messenger Plus Live! So, I have quite some experience in testing sofware!

I'd like to be one of the "select" testers of the WebUI, Not that I'm anyone special yet have 3 different machines (2 desktops and 1 loptop) that all are using the current version and use a different browser for each, IE,Mozilla,and shrug AOL on the "basic desktop" with 2 users one very knowledgeable and one slightly better than average I find that slightly better than average(OK the wife) finds things I overlook and might see things in a different light due to lesser knowledge. I/We appreciate the consideration and anticipate the latest "new" version eagerly and hope testing happens quickly. The usual XP Pro on all 3 with cable internet and a wireless router for the laptop that is docked most of the time so it can seed.

Hey!

It's Dan from IRC! I have been waiting so very long to test this feature. These are the reasons why you should include me in the WebUI beta:

* I'm trustworth

* I have a really fast Internet Connection

* I really need this feature, so will put a lot of time into debugging it

* I'm a poor Student (This excuse usually flies)

And finally..

* I have a great sense of humour!

Archived