[REQUEST] Info about errors and warnings of the tracker

simonbcn

• 1 month later...

That feature request is for windows version (they have the GUI to see this errors) but in Linux version I have nothing to see this!! :(

The priorities in both versions are totally different.

And, one more thing, that feature request was opened 15 months ago and It's still unsolved!! :o

I have never once looked at any WebUI deficiency and thought "oh, the Windows UI has this feature already, so it doesn't really matter". Thanks for assuming that I have no grasp of the use-case behind WebUI though. The fact of the matter is that the devs have tons of other things they still need to take care of first (stability being among the top), and you don't seem to get this. Why do you suppose mcdonald goes through the effort of spending days to stress test builds before release?

Back to the point on hand: feature parity (where it makes sense) between all the µTorrent ports is always a goal. On top of that, the devs already have this feature specifically filed in their ticket tracker. They'll get to it when they get to it. µTorrent Server is in alpha right now -- and isn't yet considered stable -- for a reason.

I have never once looked at any WebUI deficiency and thought "oh, the Windows UI has this feature already, so it doesn't really matter". Thanks for assuming that I have no grasp of the use-case behind WebUI though. The fact of the matter is that the devs have tons of other things they still need to take care of first (stability being among the top), and you don't seem to get this. Why do you suppose mcdonald goes through the effort of spending days to stress test builds before release?

Back to the point on hand: feature parity (where it makes sense) between all the µTorrent ports is always a goal. On top of that, the devs already have this feature specifically filed in their ticket tracker. They'll get to it when they get to it. µTorrent Server is in alpha right now -- and isn't yet considered stable -- for a reason.

Hear, hear! :) And thanks for all the hard work. I look forward to several features, but I am happy with the multiple features that do work well! And the stability of this "unstable alpha" is actually very high! Keep up the good work team! Thanks again for the Linux server version!

Thanks,

Jason

Archived