Move after complete - Fails

Superman710e

I'm getting this error on download completion:

Unable to move: Is a directory

I have the label appended. In my completion directory I have symbolic links to the actual destination for labels such as Music, TVShows, etc. When the symbolic links point to directories on the same files system the move completes successfully. However, when the link points to another filesystem (a second storage drive) I get the above error.

It seems the utorrent server first creates the "directory name" of the torrent as a file instead of a directory and then when it tries to move the whole directory it fails because a file with the same name as the directory already exists.

Debian Lenny 32-bit

Kernel: 2.6.26-2-686

/mnt/data/Torrents# ls -l

total 12

drwxrwxrwx 1 utorrent users 4096 2010-09-26 17:16 Complete

drwxrwxrwx 1 utorrent users 8192 2010-09-26 17:18 Incomplete

/mnt/data/Torrents/Complete# ls -l

total 3

lrwxrwxrwx 1 utorrent users 44 2010-09-26 17:16 Books -> /mnt/locker/Books <--These fail

lrwxrwxrwx 1 utorrent users 38 2009-08-08 13:39 ISO -> /mnt/locker/ISO

lrwxrwxrwx 1 utorrent users 44 2010-09-26 17:13 Music -> /mnt/locker/Music

lrwxrwxrwx 1 utorrent users 48 2009-08-08 12:23 Programs -> /mnt/locker/Programs

lrwxrwxrwx 1 utorrent users 52 2009-02-02 19:51 Movies -> /mnt/data/Video/Movies <-- These work

lrwxrwxrwx 1 utorrent users 54 2009-02-02 19:51 TVShows -> /mnt/data/Video/TVShows

Let me know if you need any further information!

A further update.

On this particular machine, the /mnt/locker is an Ext3 formatted local IDE drive and the /mnt/data is an externally attached USB drive formatted in NTFS. (Not my choice, but the person in question wanted to be able to plug the drive into their windows machine if they ever needed too.)

Anyway, out of curiosity I decided to make the the Incomplete & Complete directories, with same symbolically linked directories on the locally mounted Ext3 drive. In this case, the move after completion to the NTFS filesystem via the symbolic link worked!

So I don't know if the bug arises from NTFS being a userspace driver or the drive being external or a combination thereof, but it's there. Anyway, it looks like it's more of an OS bug than a utorrent bug...

Thanks,

Jason

• 4 months later...

Archived