New uTorrent web-interface by digital (me lol)

DigitalFx

Hey guys i've been working on this project for a couple of hours and I have made some progress. Its programmed in visual basic with all api calls that communicate to the utorrent program. you might be laughin about vb, but im using it because of its fast developement. Here is a screen shot i have so far of what it can do.

utorrentinterface8fl.th.gif

this is only a couple of hours worth of work, it was a bitch to connect to the syslistview32 control, but i was able to do it and get the data from it. currently it just gets the data from utorrent and creates a main page with the data. im workin on implementing the other functions tomorrow such as upload torrent, pause, delete, etc the good stuff you want to be able to use. I wasnt sure where i should of posted this topic but i think this is the right spot.. also note i am not affiliated with any of the makers of utorrent.

[uPDATE] - also im looking for some beta testers & artists who want to work on this little project. if you are interested, post on this forum and if possible have message me your aim/aol sn, or if u want yahoo or msn, but i rarely use them...

Thumbnail big pics please.

I updated a lot of it today. I worked on post method from browser so the server can get data from the user. Optimized some of the code and did some more api work. Its coming along great, i am almost done with the login on page entry and generate a session. This shouldnt take me very long to finish im hoping. Although the web gui might need some graphics lol, so if anyone wants to help me do up some artwork that would be awesome. Ill post a couple more pictures probably tomorrow with a couple of things finished for those interested.

[update]

here is a new screen of it.

utorrentwui9hl.th.gif

• 2 weeks later...

no, just thought i read somewhere that the official web ui release used java, maybe i read wrong :/ Cool anyway. Would be nice if you kept a version with no graphics, and were it was as small as possible, and with possibility to just put a link to a torrent and it started to download at home. Or maybe you can do all this in the beta already?

It requires JavaScript, not Java. And I do believe there are different versions of WebUI in the pipes, but the full-featured one is given highest priority, and is the main one being developed at the moment (not sure if the mobile one is).

JavaScript/Java <- Same thing different name...

Naaa, just kiddin. I know the difference between java an javascript. I know that opera mini supports alertboxes, and other simple javascripts, not to advanced things though, but that shouldnt be a problem cuz all the hard work is done in the computer. Sounds Super! =D

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys sorry i havent been around to contribute myself. I have quit this project months ago, i should of posted about it. I have uploaded my source, its in vb6 format. Url is http://www.uploading.com/files/JUW8H9IT/uTorrentWI.zip.html you can mess with it. For reference, the code is crappy i also downloaded code from pscode and other places and pieced it together to work somewhat. Some if not all controls are poorly named. All the mistakes a programmer could do are most likely in this one application lol. I was only trying to get it to work for myself and friends so i took the easy cheap way out. Anyways i did quit the project in hopes for the official one to be good. Any questions ill try to help out, but dont expect much. I havent even looked at the source b4 uploading it mainly because i dont have vs6 installed anymore, im on to .net.. so to the best of my ability i will help. So again http://www.uploading.com/files/JUW8H9IT/uTorrentWI.zip.html is where to get the source. I am not sure of any of the code at this point, i dont think you have to have any specific folders created so it should run and work right out of any location on your pc. Hopefully i covered some important questions. Good luck.

Archived