Seed/Initial Seed until Swarm ratio is 100% (Ratio of 1.0)

cvxx7q

okay this may be an inefficient way of seeding, but i am initial seeding a torrent and what happens is many peers come, get a unique piece, and leave, then i have to up my seeding goal, the problem is not seeding more than 100% but more so it stops at night and i have to come up the ratio (1% is 500~MB) so this is not good to find you must up the ratio by 10%, more so the problem is stopping and starting the torrent

so anyways lets get to the point shall we :P

i am wondering if its possible to have a seeding option (a box that can be in the torrent properties sheet)

that seeds until connected peers have a combined ratio of 1.0 because at least then the ratio doesnt matter, wat matters is of all the peers you know for sure that there is a ratio of 1.0 available even if say im connected (uploading) to 20 of 50 peers at least i know the 20 have a combined 100% even if the other 30 peers might have 100% as well or lower (a.k.a hidden percentage among non-connected peers)

anyways just a thought i had, dont hate on me too much if its terrible :P

cya

sigax.jpg

sorry i havent figured out where to put signature stuff :P

Sounds like it would be easy to destroy initially seeded swarms this way. A malicious peer could simply advertise to all peers it connects to that it has 100% of the pieces, and if you happen to connect to that peer, you automatically stop, and the swarm dies.

who would do such a thing!? :o , oh i know anti-p2p and just plain as u said "malicious" idiots :mad: , well of course i said it could be optional feature but everything has two sides, turns out this "idea" has a very exploitable bad side :rolleyes: , thanks though, your answer puts my mind at ease :D

sigax.jpg

Archived