don't count slow upload or download with seeding tasks have higher

posti

I use seeding tasks have higher priority and i use 4 active and 4 downloading torrents. If i have seeding task that doesn't upload at all (no data is goint to peers) no new downloads will start. Meaning seeding task that doesn't do anything is still taking a slot kind of anoying i have three torrents seeding with 0KB/s and only one torrent downloading. I wish that queue don't count slow uploads would count here as well.

So seed that isn't actually uploading is taking a slot? that's a bug right. If torrent is seeding but isn't upload anything nada nothing no bytes going up it's still taking a slot from a download. I would count that i bug. Imagine situation where you have settings like mine 4 active torrents 4 downloads that means after seed has reached it seed limit new download will start. What if all 4 seeding torrents have 0 upload (no downloading peers) then utorrent doesn't do anything...kind of sucks since down't count slow upload thing should just get past that.

How about adding an option seed.dont.count.slow.upload or something like that.

Well i like it but i don't like that if task isn't actually seeding it still doesn't let anything else run. Just what i want that option does well. I don't even think if you have that queue don't count slow upload without it if there is a seed that doesn't upload does utorrent then start another queued seed? I don't think so. That's why that options should effect seeding torrents too.

1. I know what "Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks" do thats why i use to. Because i want only total of 4 torrents download then seed to percent i specify then download more torrents. It does exactly what i want.

2. Problem isn't that option is that utorrent counts torrents that aren't seeding (no data upload 0KB/s) as active. So example if i had 4 torrents "seeding" that maybe didn't have any peers then utorrent wouldn't upload anything.

3. Why can't option queue.dont_count_slow_up work like in azureus? So why doesn't it work for seeds? Why?

Problem isn't with "Seeding tasks have higher priority than downloading tasks" it's with "queue.dont_count_slow_up".

I thought it was a but because it didn't work with seeds that why i posted it on this group. Seems that from answers i got it's somehow designed that way for a reason? That reason escapes me but any change adding option to also use it for seeds too?

Well i have utorrent set to 4 downloading torrents and 4 active with seed task taking priority. When seeding task is seeding but doesn't actually seed because there are no peers to seed to task just sits there and no other seeding or download task will start. So it's not working like that for me atleast.

So example i could have.

1. Downloading

2. Seeding at lets says 30KB/s

3. Seeding at 0KB/S

4. Seeding at 0KB/s

And not other task will start. I would think after some minutes if seeding tasks haven't transfered anything it should look like this.

1. Downloading

2. Downloading

3. Downloading

4. Seeding 30KB/s

5. Seeding at 0KB/s

6. Seeding at 0KB/s

But it doesn't.

I've tried to explain this allready atleast 3 times. Maybe i'm bad at explaining :)

no , you are not bad in explaining!

But bad in thinking you know what a function will do and that what you experience it is doing is that what you should expect as being a behaviour due to this function. That's not the case.

(This wierd sounding sentence is refering to your statement Nr 1 in post Nr. 5)

Reason is that i don't want to stop seeding files immediatly when they are finished i want to share them to certain percent first and setting seeding as top priority lets me do that.

But if there are torrents that are example very small with huge amount of seed torrents might not be seeding anything and because there are no setting that would start other torrent when seeding speed is 0KB/s i have this problem.

Similar setting in azureus effects both downloading & seeding torrents. So now i'm thinking of unchecking seeding tasks take priority and becoming more leecher and i really don't want to do that.

Also i have limited space on my download computer so if i don't do it this way i really can't seed everything up to some percent since that computer can only take one less than 137GB harddrive.

And because there are no seeding queue in utorrent and it seems new torrents get most priority so if i download something then then seeding gets queue if i download more more get queued. So torrent i download first gets seeding up to percent i've set last.

I really love utorrent but these two are the only thing bad i've found. I can with one if one of these two get fixed.

posti it seems you get here something wrong.

If you are seeding (100%) and no one wants that stuff µtorrent start another file to seed. At least for me with my two active torrents settings.

so what is your problem than?

Also something like this doesn't happen for me because i use 4/4 setting 4 active 4 downloading with seeding task taking priority. So when i download something that same torrent will seed up to 150% and stop then other torrents will start so on. Because i don't have more than max 4 seeds in my list because i use 4/4 setting. So no other seed can start because there are no other seeding torrents. Because that torrent that isn't seeding shouldn't be counted as active and another downloading torrent should start.

Problem is that if utorrent can't seed some torrent then it should start another downloading torrent if there a no more torrents to seed and this doesn't currently happen. I've tried to explain this over and over but it's just not getting through.

posti you didn't get it. the problem is not µtorrents behaviour but that you ticked "seeding has higher priority"

This is what µT is obaying then! He will not start something else because he has to obay the other rule and that would in this case mean dont continue with the queue but stay with what you are offering, even if no one wants it!

But if i don't tick it then seeds get queued and it's working like stack so first finished downloaded torrent get seeded last. I don't want something like that.

So lets say one torrent finished 10h ago another 9h then other 8h and so on. After seeds get queued that 10h finished torrent gets seeded last up to 150%. So if i keep downloading that downloaded torrent will never get seeded to 150% because it's queued all the time and torrents that will start seeding next have been download after that. Because downloaded torrents won't work like queue but a stack.

Also why isn't seeding takes priority no giving up it's activity slot if it's not actually seeding? My settings i don't have any queue seeds because it seeds torrents to 150% then if there is slot free it start downloading. But other option to not give seeds first priority sucks more. Only problem with this is that seeds won't give out it's slots for downloads even if there isn't more seeding torrents to start.

I used same thing with azureus but azureus similar setting queue.dont_count_slow_up works for both downloading and seeding torrents. So it wont count them as being active. But in utorrent seems that it only will use this setting for downloading torrent not seeding ones.

I know "seeding has higher priority" so seeding takes priority and that's what i want i've stated it many times allready. But why is seed that isn't doing anything because no data is transfered counted as active in utorrent? I just don't get it.

Like still to state with my setting THERE ARE NO QUEUE SEEDS because downloads will only start when there are less than 4 seeding torrents. Because of that there are no queue seeds to start if some seeds aren't seeding at all. So why can't utorrent then start new torrent to download? I mean why is it important to give priority to seeding torrent that isn't seeding?

This atleast for me this still seems to be a bug in queue/seeding system. Because 4 active would mean 4 active torrents in my book.

Archived