"Error: Invalid access to memory location."

kedeviss

Encountered this problem for the first time since getting the latest beta, but to be honest, not sure if it's a beta issue or something else as it's only happening with the same torrent each time...

The error message reads: "Error: Invalid access to memory location." under the status section.

I've tried relocating the files through uTorrent to a different hdd, but that made no difference even after a forced re-check. I resolved the issue last time by deleting the torrent, closing uTorrent, and redownloading the torrent file... but now it's happened again, I kinda feel I need to find out why this is happening :/

well, I never had the problem while I was running 2.2.1, but it's pretty rare with 3.0 as well, so it could have just been coincidence that it didn't happen on 2.2.1 and as I don't know what's causing the problem, can't try to recreate it on 2.2.1 to see if it happens...

• 2 weeks later...

happens to me to only when I do the following steps:

- stop a torrent

- delete some file that was downloaded inside that torrent

- mark it as "don't download"

- select some other file to download inside the same torrent

- force recheck.

I used to be able to do this prior to v3 beta. I do it a lot when downloading dvds (as I don't have a lot of free space to download like 100gb of dvds)

well, that sounds plausible, this torrent is 122gb, although i'm not stopping the torrent at all or deleting files, but i do switch files from low to don't download, don't download to low etc., i did wonder if this were possibly the problem and i've made it so that more files are downloading at any one time, and that has seemed to help...

well, that sounds plausible, this torrent is 122gb, although i'm not stopping the torrent at all or deleting files, but i do switch files from low to don't download, don't download to low etc., i did wonder if this were possibly the problem and i've made it so that more files are downloading at any one time, and that has seemed to help...

Well, it seems that what we are doing in common is setting files that were previously downloaded/downloading to "don't download". Maybe that's causing the bug.

• 1 month later...

Using uTorrent 3.0. Having the same problem. I'm downloading large torrent (74 GB) with many 2 - 3 GB files in it. Because of space limitations, I'm downloading few files at a time by changing file status from "skip" to "normal". Many starts / stops of the uTorrent because of turning off my computer.

The error happened when it was reached little bit more than 50% of the whole torrent size. Solved problem by redownloading the .torrent file and starting as a new download. Already downloaded files was kept. Succeeded on third attempt by doing this manipulation. Lost upload statistics of this download in uTorrent ... It never happened on 2.2.1. It seems to be a bug. :/

Go to the folder where the files are being downloaded to and look for a .part file.

Shut down utorrent then delete that part file. (it's a file where utorrent temporarily stores downloaded data and it's probably corrupted, so delete it)

Start utorrent again.

Set the files you're downloading in your torrent to don't download. Then set the priority (low,med,high - doesnt matter)

If that doesn't work do a force recheck of your torrent then repeat the last step above.

• 1 month later...

I just downloaded the latest version of µTorrent (3.0) and I encountered this problem almost immediately. It's without a doubt a bug in the new version of µTorrent, because in the previous version (2.x) you could skip files, change priority, pause and restart downloads any way you liked without this ever happening.

SO PLEASE FIX THIS BUG ASAP.

Go to the folder where the files are being downloaded to and look for a .part file.

Shut down utorrent then delete that part file. (it's a file where utorrent temporarily stores downloaded data and it's probably corrupted, so delete it)

Start utorrent again.

Set the files you're downloading in your torrent to don't download. Then set the priority (low,med,high - doesnt matter)

If that doesn't work do a force recheck of your torrent then repeat the last step above.

This worked, thank you.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived