Two Explorer is opening on "open folder"

Ntek46

Hi!

Got some trouble since the last update of uTorrent, It began without that i have touched any settings.

Then i chose "open folder" on a finiched torrent, the explorer windows will open right a way. Thats good. But 20-30 seconds later, another explorer-windows with the same content will open aswell. Irritating!

So, it will always open two explorers when open a folder from uttorent.

Good to know:

-Im using "Directory Opus" insted of windows explorer.

-I have not touch any settings, it began after latest update of uTorrent. (2.2.1)

Can somebody help me? :)

• 1 month later...

FWIW, I too am experiencing this same problem both with 2.2.1 and 3.0 on a Windows XP (SP3) machine. Previous utorrent versions installed on that system did not display this problem. Any tips, hints or black magic spells to cure this buglet would be appreciated......thanks! :-)

-Im using "Directory Opus" insted of windows explorer.

It's Directory Opus, not uTorrent that's at fault here.

If you use windows explorer, this behavior doesn't happen.

Forgot to mention in previous message that I am using Windows Explorer on this XP (SP3) box here; it also displays this problem which was introduced, AFAIK, in version 2.2.1. It takes about 15 seconds after the first Explorer window appears for the second one to be displayed on screen. :-)

• 3 months later...

I have been using uTorrent and DOpus together for years and haven't had an issue until about 6 months ago. I didn't bother reporting on the forums because I thought it was a beta version issue, but this has persisted into the final releases of version 3 of uTorrent.

In order to reconcile the blame game of "It's their fault, no it's their fault" I have been using the same version of Directory Opus (9.5.2.0.3660.x64) since 1/8/2010 and uTorrent has updated to the latest version since then, which has started causing the issues. I cannot precisely say which version the bug started appearing, but it is annoying to the point that it makes using uTorrent undesirable.

Other notes: the Directory Opus folder opens first (immediately) followed by Explorer 20 seconds later (just timed it). CPU usage doesn't seem to jump in the process.

Given that the interoperation between both softwares used to work fine, I am sure we can find a solution.

uTorrent version 3.0 (build 25683 32-bit)

Windows 7 x64 with latest service packs as of 9/24/2011

• 2 months later...

Confirmed it is a bug with Directory Opus. It's strange in the way it manifests itself. The only way I was able to figure this out and get new windows to open properly from uTorrent was to hard kill all of the processes and services related to DOpus and disable automatically opening explorer commands with Directory Opus. I guess the program tries to intercept the call to open a new window through uTorrent and uTorrent calls it in a different way than every other program hence the delay. Too bad they don't play nicely together.

Archived