utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8

Lkos

I have been running into the following issue with any builds after 23418

utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have installed and reinstalled the following: openssl, openssl-devel, and gtk+-devel.

But when run the following list: [root@lkos lib]# ls libs* I get the following list of libraries:

libselinux.so.1

libsepol.so.1

libss.so.2

libss.so.2.0

libsysfs.so.2

libsysfs.so.2.0.1

I do have the following libraries, which seen to be usually missing at the same time as libssl.so.0.9.8

libcrypto.so.10

libcrypto.so.1.0.0d

Does anyone have ideas as how to fix this issue?

Thank you in advance.

I am currently running Fedora 14, just recently upgraded from 13, was having the same issue under Fedora 13.

What is the output of locate libssl.0.9.8?

Nothing, just returned to command line.

You might have to run sudo updatedb & before and it will run for few minutes.

Did run and still gives the error: utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Fedora is now using a newer version of libssl. You will have to get 0.9.8 from an old repo and symlink to it. The exact version you need depends on your architecture. I think you might need to get libcrypto also?

Okay finally got it going. Turns out the libssl.so.10 was located under /usr/lib/ and libcrypto.so.10 was located under /lib/, so I created a symbolic link for both libssl.so.0.9.8 and libcrypto.so.0.9.8 in the respective directories and the newest utserver is now running. Just going to have move over the new webui files later...

Thanks for the help in pointing me in the right direction. It have been YEARS since I played around with unix/linux OS's so a little out of practice and need to relearn all the commands and such... lol.. ;)

What is the output of locate libssl.0.9.8?

Nothing' date=' just returned to command line.

You might have to run sudo updatedb & before and it will run for few minutes.

Did run and still gives the error: utserver: error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Fedora is now using a newer version of libssl. You will have to get 0.9.8 from an old repo and symlink to it. The exact version you need depends on your architecture. I think you might need to get libcrypto also?

Okay finally got it going. Turns out the libssl.so.10 was located under /usr/lib/ and libcrypto.so.10 was located under /lib/, so I created a symbolic link for both libssl.so.0.9.8 and libcrypto.so.0.9.8 in the respective directories and the newest utserver is now running. Just going to have move over the new webui files later...

Thanks for the help in pointing me in the right direction. It have been YEARS since I played around with unix/linux OS's so a little out of practice and need to relearn all the commands and such... lol.. ;)

Can u tell me the command to created a symbolic link for both libssl.so.0.9.8 and libcrypto.so.0.9.8 in the respective directories?

Did you link to the newer library versions? Interesting approach!

It seems that utserver and other programs are looking for very specific version of these files. But with most of the Linux OS's using newer versions I have found this to be the easiest/quickest work around on the 'net. The problem I was running into was that I was originally looking in the wrong directory for the libssl.so.0.9.8 file. And because utserver was crashing on not find that one I never ran into it not finding the libcrypto.so.0.9.8 either. It wasn't until jabbers asked for the output from the locate command that I found the libssl.so.10 file. Like I said been years (10+) since I played around in command line of a unix/linux machine. Though this does cause the following non-fatal errors, but that seems to be normal when using this work around:

utserver: /lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by utserver)

utserver: /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.8: no version information available (required by utserver)

Can u tell me the command to created a symbolic link for both libssl.so.0.9.8 and libcrypto.so.0.9.8 in the respective directories?

Okay from terminal as the super-user (su) run the following commands in the following directories:

/usr/lib/ -> ln -s libssl.so.10 libssl.so.0.9.8

/lib/ -> ln -s libcrypto.so.10 libcrypto.so.0.9.8

Archived