µTorrent 1.5.1 beta 466

Firon

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it me or b465 doesn't remember the settings? Show current speed in title bar is automatically enabled while append !ut to incomplete file is disabled.

Other than that, i'm a bit disappointed that Ludde still hasn't implement the disable rss torrents auto start feature : (

EDIT : Enabling append !ut to imcomplete file will enable show current speed in title bar and vise versa.

nightshifted: yeah, I suggested for him to change it because too many people thought they needed it to seed. And I'm not sure if it checks the filesizes yet, try it out.

It does appear to check the sizes in build 464; I just downloaded 465 and haven't used it yet. (But I still think the box should be marked "Poison this torrent.") As I said in the thread I started about it, that's a huge help. Thanks for putting it through the channels to Ludde.

Just today I had the hardest time persuading someone who was running build 437 and pointing to the wrong directory that he should not use "open for seeding." He kept insisting, "but when I don't use it, I'm not a seeder!" It took several rounds of further exchange and repeating that when he doesn't use it, he's a leecher, but when he uses it, he's a lying leecher posing as a seeder. Of course, the reason he got in touch with us in the first place was that he [believed he] had been seeding for hours and leechers on his torrent were showing download totals (several of them in excess of the total torrent size) but still were at 0.00% completion. Talk about padding your ratio at others' expense ...

It is fixed to router.utorrent.com, but an option to specify custom bootstrap will be added on the next build.

You can already bootstrap off any .torrent file that has a nodes key as well.

And as for what we're using for the 'DHT server', we just ran bittorrent on some bogus torrent with DHT enabled :P

Klaus_1250: it's been inaccessible for some time now. Anyone with previously cached nodes or that's running a torrent with a nodes key will be fine, though.

Oh, I don't even use the shutdown feature, don't plan on actually using it, and didn't want it in the first place (just never really fought it either) =P

I'm not sure why anyone would need that feature. Turning off your computer does not help anything. Hard Drive engineers have told me that it is better that they run 24/7, rather than stopping, getting cold, then starting, warming up, etc.

That heating/cooling is worse on any electronics than leaving it on.

As far as using power/electricity, turning off the monitor automatically (look in the Windows Power Management) will save most of the power use, the PC itself uses a fraction of the monitor's use.

There's also the fact that HDDs have a limited number of startups before the springs that load and unload the R/W heads start to fail, leaving you with a head crash. The older the drive, the more likely it is to fail the next time, since the rate of decay isn't linear.

Turning off those power management things that turn off the HDD would be good too.

As far as using power/electricity, turning off the monitor automatically (look in the Windows Power Management) will save most of the power use, the PC itself uses a fraction of the monitor's use.

yeah, but still a high electricity bill is a killer for most people :P

"- Change: Added buttons to select all / deselect in the add dialog"

Quite useless actually, if you ask me. Everyone tries to rightclick the filelist sooner or later. But OK..small steps is better then nothing. A complete redesign of the dialog would be more rewarding though :)

"- Change: Resolve IPs is on by default, but only if the Peers tab is active."

Please don't forget about the Logger tab. The IP's listed there (from ipfilter.dat) need to be resolved as well, but it's even easier in this case since the definitions of every address already exist within the ipfilter.dat itself, just not in a form easily or conveniently read by a human.

Can anyone report from experience yet whether superseeding (or Initial Seeding) has improved as promised in build 466? On the tracker where I'm a moderator, we get occasional complaints from leechers that surely the initial seeder (and so far lone seed), who is using µTorrent, must be stuck because no leecher is getting past 99.xx%.

not useless, have you seen the many people requesting for those as they dont know how to right click? some even complain that right-clicking is just too much to do -.-

Yup I was one of those lazy ones. In addition to the new buttons, clicking one tickbox in a highlighted list of files ticks/unticks all the files that are highlighted (its not in the changelog). This is the functionality a few of us were requesting to avoid right clicking...

Now all it needs is Ctrl-A highlighting all the files.

Archived