Official Thank You thread

silverfire

THaNKS for creating this Wonderfulllll app. that resides in my USB stick and is with me all the time everywhere.

Also, The features are soooo goood according to the size. My fav. BT client!

Waiting DESPERATELY for the new webUI feature (was late in signing up) as i have so much to go here and there while utorrent runs faithfully on my PC, so i need some remote control on it... hehe...

kudos devs!

S!

This is simply the best bittorrent client available. A minimalist app that certainly doesn't appear minimalist! I don't know how you did it, but thanks. I switched from Azeurus to BitComet because of Java's resource gluttony but now, after changing to uTorrent, I am absolutely amazed at how little of my system is being used!

Great work!

I´ve tried many clients and I definitely stopped at uTorrent. Awesome application and its simplicity is so so beautiful! So small, so simple and so powerful software haven´t been and won´t be developed. I love you and your application guys. Keep coding ;)

hey after a looong time using 1.5 official (not beta) i finally decided to try 1.6 RC1 and works a charm

it's great. the only thing i dont like is how the options in the menu are organized, the old one was easier,

im not saying so because i got used to it but because the new one is confusing.

for example you shouldnt put PEX and DHT under bittorrent...it should be under Connections

because you CONNECT through DHT. stuff like this. :)

also i dont like INITIAL-SEEDING, you should've left it SUPER-SEEDING because its the official name.

Thank you.

i just deleted the uTorrent directory (with settings, dht, etc) and started a-fresh with the 1.6 Stable.

works great so far. i downloaded Linux at max speed and i noticed that surfing while downloading

wasnt as slow as with 1.5 but same as 1.6 RC1.

i love the new connection icon in the main screen (with a check-mark or yellow sign) showing incoming

or firewalled connection, it's awesome,

much better than the yellow - green huge useless circle.

great job. THANKS.

*edit* can you add again the GUI SPEED in the option as a selectable thing rather than having to

set it in the ADVANCED thing please?

i'd like to see also 250ms, not just 500ms or 1000ms selectable. :)

DUDE! This new disk caching is AWESOME! TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

While I've had my disagreements with a few of the policies/decisions/choices made, I simply cannot deny the incredible quality of your work! A donation will indeed be coming your way (once I get some extra money in from my new job)! Thanks again!

Well, a new convert *here* wishing to extol the gratitude to the developer(s) of this SPARTAN little Client. I've been a global Peer 2 Peer filesharer since the 'heddy' days of Napster, spent time (alot) with eDonkey, then lived with Overnet quite a spell, but I have to say this - I love this BABY! Keep up the excellent work. You've really got something here in the area of 'portability' client-wise, ........Accolades........ ALL ROUND !

Thanks for uTorrent!

I was (still am for a while as I slowly transition over) a long-time, hardcore Azureus user. However, after being tired of Az taking ages to start, crashing from time to time, and using 150-200MB of RAM (not that I really cared, I have 2GB of RAM), I finally decided to switch over.

The GUI will definitely take some getting used to, but with the CPU usage is way down as is the stress (I think) on my poor, overworked hard drive. :D

Howdy viper007bond. I myself was a hardcore Azu user. I never thought I'd ever want to use anything else. I had tried BitComet (crappy UI imo). Then I gave uTorrent a try and now I can never imagine life without it! The ability to change torrent names is incredibly useful for my purposes (don't ask).

Awesome!

I was apprehensive of switching over to the new p2p technology of torrent as the jargon of ratios and seeders and leechers and DL and UL limits were confusing at start.

But I knew I have to get it all sorted as I had heard everyone recomending "torrenting" for a better p2p experience.

So I headed over to trusted know-how at about.com and there it was.

µTorrent right at top of the ten best torrent applications ! :)

I am a reviews-junkie (call it risk-averse) and do not normally begin downloading an application before I had read many reviews at trusted sites such as Download.com,PC world,About.com etc.

I discovered that Azareus and µTorrent are the TWO MOST POPULAR torrent apps. around.

Not ony this,I read that µTorrent is slowly edging out Azareus as well.

So I began my torrent-experiment after downloading µTorrent and as many have said before me in this thread,it remains the best torrent client,whether you are just starting out on torrents or a power user.

[do not want to start a new thread for this,but I am referring to the post made by "altie" above mine about "renaming torrents".

Is it possible to rename the torrent whose downloading has already begun ??]

Thanks!

Archived