Logo (56kers beware)

ludde

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit hard to make a micro icon as noone will be able to see it :\

Well... I'm jumping in on this thread late... but...

We could actually make a micro icon... reduce the µ symbol down to where nobody could see it... maybe

even just single pixel or two... with a magnifying glass offset a little bit, angled so it looks like someone looking

through it at the dot, showing the µ symbol in the magnifying glass...

(please don't use the footprint one... I can't stand it. :) )

-- Smoovious

ps> I like Huck's better than the rest so far... maybe a little fiddling, adding some color and shadow, but I like the concept so far. Just... please... no more green? :)

ps> I like Huck's better than the rest so far... maybe a little fiddling' date=' adding some color and shadow, but I like the concept so far. Just... please... no more green? :)[/quote']

it does look good, but it lacks character :P

Another thing I came to think of, it doesn't look good in 16x16 format.

Why in 16x16? well, this logo should have character, it should be "obvious" thats its µTorrent =

the system tray icon + main µTorrent must have the same logo/image or atleast similar.

you all made very nice logos, but personally, I think if we create a new logo,

it should also look good in 16x16, so it can be the default icon in µTorrent.

Which BSH might do, like if you take that leaning square with 2 green dotted lines,

it might look good in 16x16 format :)

As the new user interface administrator, my job is to coordinate the user interface/logo side of µTorrent. So I'll be setting some official guidelines here.

Ludde wants something where the µ is not the "focus". What this means is that there shouldn't be a µ in the logo. We want something that represents the nature of µTorrent, but not accomplishing this through explicit use of the "µ" symbol.

The logo will be µTorrent's identity, it will replace the default icons in the program and will be used on the site, which will be replaced with a new one soon.

Boo's footprint, BloodStaindHurricane's square with lines, MechR's "shuffle" are good submissions and examples. And as Boo said in the last post, the logo should display good in 16x16. It should also "fill up" most of the available space.

Archived