ms-free.net|CZ

golfarit.net|FI

minimadsen.com|UK

muada.com|NL

sapirim.com|IL

pelayanweb.com|MY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the late update, but because of this post I was waiting on updating the list.

case sensitivity removed for the next build

Now that 1.7 is out I've updated the list such that now there's no section for multiple hostname capitalizations.

chirpan.tv|BG

kuzelnet.org|BG

skknet.net|BG

balchik.net|BG

botevgrad.com|BG

sofianet.net|BG

dreambg.com|BG

speednetbg.net|BG

cablebg.net|BG

pro-lan.net|BG

headoff.net|BG

ntl.com|UK

btcentralplus.com|UK

sky.com|UK

telia.com|SE

cgocable.net|CA

I've been keeping a list of countries that I've seen on utorrent, and many of them don't display their flags. Here's a list of some I've seen that didn't have flags:

.uy – Uruguay

.ve – Venezuela

.mv – Maldives

.md – Moldova

.kw – Kuwait

.fo – Faroe Islands

.do – Dominican Republic

.cy – Cyprus

.bh – Bahrain

.aw – Aruba

.ao – Angola

.kr – South Korea

.pr – Puerto Rico

.tt – Trinidad and Tobago

There have been others, but those are the ones I'm sure about. I'm using eng's list and flag bitmap, the current ones, and I'm curious as to how many of those flags should be showing up and aren't. I know some are on the list.

Oh, .tv doesn't show up, but they're usually from somewhere else anyway, like the first Bulgarian one I posted. Also, the EU flag should show up for .eu domains, and doesn't.

Anyone got a clue about this? I've followed instructions for loading the list, (ctrl+shift+r) how do I tell if it isn't working?

Edited by dvoid

@dvoid:

Only .net and .com adresses are supported (no .tv, no .eu, no .org) to work with flags.conf.

The others of your list are inside of flags.conf allready (pls check that before posting them).

Perhaps you have not put flags.conf and flags.bmp in the correct folder (read this http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#What_is_flags.conf.3F ) and check if "peer.resolve_country" is still "false" (default).

Also you have to enable "Resolve IPs" in the "flags" tab of utorrent (with rightclick).

krnic.com|KR

wataniya.com|KW

OK, those two REALLY aren't on the list.

I did, finally, figure out what the problem was - I was unfamiliar with %AppData% meaning Documents and Settings/username/Application Data/utorrent. I assumed it just meant whatever folder the app was in.

If that's a common usage, it managed to slip past me until now.

Updated .conf

I've been keeping a list of countries that I've seen on utorrent, and many of them don't display their flags. Here's a list of some I've seen that didn't have flags

While there are some country codes that don't have flags, you'd have to look through some of the older posts to find the exact list; I'm fairly sure the ones you listed should display correctly.

Hello everyone,

Sorry for a noob post. I have noticed recently that the AE TLD doesn't display the flag. I tried to download the latest conf and flags files, but I don't know where to put them to be honest. I have the latest version (1.7.2). I also have the country lookup turned on.

In any case, to be more helpful:

The flag not showing up is for UAE for the following domain:

alshamil.net.ae|AE

Thanks,

Max

Edited by mno

• 2 weeks later...
@Timwi: pls check before posting ... "arcor-ip.net|DE" is in the http://www.slapmahfro.net/stuff/utorrent/flags.conf already

I downloaded the newest version of µTorrent before I posted this. I think it is reasonable to assume that the newest version will have relatively up-to-date files. You cannot expect normal users to check in all sorts of bizarre places first.

I've added the files to the µTorrent program directory, but it still shows the US flag for all .com & .net domains. Maybe you should edit your first posting in this thread to explain what else needs to be done to use this.

Edited by Timwi