µTorrent 1.7.2 released

Firon

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check for updates does not even show this new version. I was running two versions ago old version and check for updates didn't show any new update. Today I decided to check out the webpage and saw that two newer versions was released. So Check for Updates seems like it needs some work since it definitely wasn't working.

I challenge them to name even one and have it be one they can back up with real proof.

Yeah if only trackers really give a damn about proof. This is the type of response I get from most trackers. Private or not... They really do not care about proof in the least. They just do what the do because they can and are doing "what is best for their users".

Just an add on to this. I have already stated that this site is not a democracy and we will act as we see fit to protect this site and it's members and will not bow to public pressure over important issues. If a minority of users are not happy about a temporary ban on a client until we get enough facts about the allegations made about it then I'm sorry but they really need to get out more.

Nice! I got similar responses from many different trackers. As you can see most tracker admins/staff/mods. seem to have paranoid schizophrenia when it comes to their illegal actives. ha! They all claim they do what they do to protect their users. Yeah, more like only themselves. I wonder if a single one of them would show up at court on your behalf? So who really cares about your privacy? Only you! Then again I wonder if a single one of us would show up in court for them? Not me, but at least I am honest about it and not claiming I do what I do for someone else, whatever the reason.

Well, finally found a tracker who did it right:

It has been determined that utorrent 1.7 and upwards has a bug that reports your stats incorrectly and it reports private info outside of the tracker.

We advise anyone using these versions to downgrade back to uTorrent 1.6.1. Anybody using 1.7 or above does so at their own risk and will not be given any user support.

They did not ban the client. They notified the user and let the user decide for his or herself. Well done! This is how everyone should have reacted to this.

Just an add on to this. I have already stated that this site is not a democracy and we will act as we see fit to protect this site and it's members and will not bow to public pressure over important issues. If a minority of users are not happy about a temporary ban on a client until we get enough facts about the allegations made about it then I'm sorry but they really need to get out more.

A valid approach imho. If there are allegations going around it might be best to implement security measures first and ask questions later. As long as they really do try figure out what is going on asap after that. Its when clients get perm banned without a second thought when things go wrong.

Being banned from a tracker for a few days is better then having serious exploits running amok. If you don't have the technical expertise in house to figure out if what exactly is wrong yourself it can take this long (I would question why you are running a tracker without technically experienced staff though...). Besides 1.7 and 1.7.1 were borked. And now the tech savvy people that are trusted by these sites have to affirm that 1.7.2 is fine.

Trackers that banned 1.7 and 1.7.1 and that quickly unban the new version now are probably the best trackers out there from a technical expertise point of view.

kulmegil: Just because we provide cookies but you really wanted cupcakes doesn't mean our cookies are bad.

PROXIMO: DHT is disabled for private torrents. Has been for a long time, always will.

war59312: Probably because µtorrent has a build-in installer now.

God Bless America, Allah Bless the Muslim nations and Bless Europe with no Religious Fanatics.

Hello everyone!!!!

am new here and a friend of mine told me about this fantastic torrent. BRAVO!!!

have a problem: it doesnt work to me...the test for the speed of connection and the test of forwarding files...follows an error "lunch exe" and want to me to send an report of error...and its dead the torrent fr me...i cannot search and i cannot get connected...do anyone here had the same problem?

thank you for your help in advance....!

"uTorrent 1.7.1 is now banned again. Permanently.

This is because it does not respect the privacy flag when sharing torrents across a LAN"

So then if uTorrent is treating peers as local, then there is no privacy flag at all. Should I just use 1.6.1 since I've never had any problems with it?

Archived