WebUI v0.315

Directrix

Public beta 2, html version dont work with opera 9.50 beta Build 9770

But FlashUI 0.7 work great...

This is caused by the document.all scripting change, we now get a different codebranch and there is some weirdness there that should be solved by the utorrent people. #309506

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/2008/02/01/new-snapshot?startidx=200#comment4624519

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fixed it. The code that breaks Opera and Safari is a few non-standard things.

StyleSheet.href returns null in standards compliant browsers for inline stylesheets.

if (!document.styleSheets[n].href || (document.styleSheets[n].href.indexOf("style.css") == -1)) {

When rules are added to the stylesheet, they are in the wrong format.

"selectorText { ... };" -- The semi-colon throws a syntax error in Opera.

Here's a fixed copy:

http://files.myopera.com/fearphage/transport/webui.zip

The only reason to download this is for it to work in Opera or Safari. All 3 fixes are in stable.js (2 of the first and 1 of the second). There are other small fixes and changes that could be made but aren't requires.

@devs: Besides the HUGE innerHTML assignment that crashes ie6, is there anything else that makes it unsopported? Is there a reason content.js is not hardcoded into index.html?

ive tried to use the original webui, and it didnt work. i sorta forgot about it, but remembered about it now. I tried it again, and I still cannot seem to get it to work. Ive done everything in the readme, and read numerious pages of posts, but cant get it working.

Running firefox version 2.0.0.12, with vista.

--

Seth

@ultima: are there particular reasons IE6 isn't supported or is it merely a hassle to support it? From a quick glance at the source I didn't see anything in particular. Could you possibly elaborate on this?

Also the string of html in content.js is malformed (tags do not close in the order they are opened)

I did notice that it crashed from the massive innerHTML assignment. There are ways around that. For instance, you could take that html (well the correctly formed version of that html in content.js) and parse it into a document fragment and append that to the appropriate node. IE in general does all sorts of weird things. Could you be more specific? I am asking because I wouldn't mind attempting to overcome these issues if possible.

IE6's idea of "standards" is 10 years old...

If you want to help make the UI better, sure... but I wouldn't do much tinkering with the code on a full-on basis except to get the interface to work within the limited confines of whatever IE6 supports... full rewrites would probably be rendered moot with a (hopefully new version) facelift sometime around the next uT version coming out of testing... I THINK if you're planning on poking at the UI you should be sure you've got a thorough grasp of JSON which is what Directrix uses and then a thorough grasp of IE6 rendering to keep your long tail not so long.

Edit to be not so...

Elaborate workarounds for the sole purpose of making it compatible with an outdated and twitchy browser does seem like a waste of time even if the browser is still used a lot. The usage of IE6 will drop and drop and the new version of µtorrent is probably gonna sprout a new version of the webui (as I read it between the lines) so a user made workaround runs the risk of being wasteful too.

For me to now, it did not like Firefox 3 beta 3. IE 7 workt perfect.

I now use IE for torrent purposes only, and use it to save .torrents to a catalog that Utorrent on my server monitors.

When does the next version come? would like to be able to manage RSS via web browser.

Archived