µTorrent 1.8 released

Firon

Some changes were made to how utorrent calls sockets, and there's an underlying bug in NOD32 2.7's IMON that corrupts the URI (their support admitted to it).

You could either update to v3 or just disable IMON. Or even adding utorrent to the IMON exceptions would work.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chupakabra

Oh, you already reported this. Both confirmed here. Single-file magnet downloads are now just completely broken :-/

--> Found Bugs » 1.8 Single file magnet URI downloads broken in build 11730 and upwards

Firon

Btw what was the point to rush the release in half an hour after release-stopping bug fixed when you know [1] [2] that this development team constantly fails to do regression tests after pushing new features/bugfixes? ^_^

- Fix: create folder for multi file torrents, with magnet URI downloads

Not working for me. Subdirectory is created when downloading torrent file as usual but not when downloading via magnet link.

Similar problem with single file torrents - downloaded file is named incorrectly.

Fixed, thanks!

slipstream :

...that this development team constantly fails to do regression tests after pushing new features/bugfixes? ^_^

With tons of features, regression testing is a bit hard with two devs and (I guess) no automation involved... so, there is some dependency on the public-beta-testing "team"... meaning - us, the forum's attendees. I guess the weekend is a bit slow going here... testers are busy doing other stuff ... so they got only one bug fixed ... :P What's so terrible with one leftover bug ? and it's even not on the auto-update server yet...

rafi

Yep, you just reworded what I've said =) There was no reason to rush release when testing is done mostly by users and especially untill original bugreporter (chupakabra) for the known last release-stopping bug confirmed it was/was not fixed.

For sure this "one leftover bug" is not terrible if comparing with previous 1.x.0 release which was banned on private trackers twice in a row because of some "leftover bugs" slipped into just before the release

--- 2007-07-21: Version 1.7.2 (build 3458)

- Fix: Disable Local Peer Discovery for private torrents

--- 2007-07-13: Version 1.7.1 (build 3360)

- Fix: Invalid download amounts being reported to trackers for >4GB torrents

Now, you could've also been useful and tested before stable.

So true. I was laxed and failed to report in the 1 hour period between the last post-last-RC build and release. That's why I'm now embarrassed and beggin to prolong this last call period next time to 1 week or something ;)

Big thanks for the program, its my favorite client...

I've kind of got a problem though, I updated to 1.8 and I can't seem to find the "feeds" tab anywhere. I know its probably just me being blind, but I can't find the damn thing. All my existing favorites are there, and looks to be downloading them. But how can I add new favorites when I can't find the "feeds" tab?

I know its probably just me, but if someone could direct to me where it is now I'd be grateful.

Thanks again!

I have a problem. i downloaded a torrent from a site and I want to seed it on an other torrent site. But the names are different, but the content is the same. When I click Force Re-check it can't find anything, but after renaming the files it finds. I have known that utorrent can seed files with different names...

1 minute

--- 2007-11-13: Version 1.8 alpha (build 6104)

- Change: allow a manual reannounce every max(60 seconds, min_interval) where min_interval is from the tracker

F1 -> Search -> "Update Tracker"

Update Tracker allows you to perform a manual announce on the selected trackers, assuming the minimum announce interval has passed for the trackers. This option is disabled if 60 seconds have not yet passed since the last time it was used, or if the elapsed time since the last update is less than the minimum interval for every selected tracker. If the condition to be enabled has been satisfied by at least one of the selected trackers, the option will be enabled, but when used, will be invoked only on those trackers that have met the conditions for option to be enabled.

Archived