WebUI v0.361 ready for testing

Directrix

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bug in v0.361

I open WebUI, then change some setting (for example I set "Maximum download rate " to 100kb/s) press OK, settings dialog closed, but then, when I press F5 I become "invalid request" and blank page :(

Tested on 1.7.7 and 1.6.1 with Opera 9.27 & IE6+

Hi guys,

Just a few questions about the WebUI that I couldn't find in the wiki:

Do I use my external home IP in the address if I'm accessing the UI from work? And how would I get past their firewall or my own router firewall/comodo firewall, do I have to open up the ports again for that or is it already open on my end?

I can set up a proxy in work if it's blocking the link.

Also, I have a Sony Ericsson G900 phone that has Opera 8.65 for Symbian on it and I was surprised to get to the "Loading" of the WebUI with the moving circle bit over the WLAN on it, but it doesn't get any further, any ideas? It asks for the password and everything, just not past the loading.

I tried both local IP and external IPs.

Thanks.

Yes, you need to use your external IP. How you'd get past the company firewall isn't something we really deal with, and you'll also need to consider the fact that your bypassing their security systems (assuming they have any in place blocking you from connecting to your webui) places you in danger of losing your job.

You need to open your ports at home to connect from external locations, yes.

AFAIK, Opera Mobile/Mini don't have full support for AJAX, so there isn't much you can do about it not loading the official webui. There are community projects available to allow µTorrent to be controlled via some mobile devices, though.

Archived