1.8.1 Release Candidate 1 (build 12549)

Firon

this version do so i can't go online at FireFox or Internet Exploere when i am running it, i just get "Page Can't Be Viewed" and when i am using ping google.dk at cmd i lost all the packages it's sending, someone please take a look of this?

it's happening even when µTorrent isn't using 1mbit of my 20/20mbit connection but version 12183 works great.

at last, i am using KasperSky Internet Security as AntiVirus and Firewall at my Windows XP SP3 x86.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make another thread. That has NOTHING to do with this release or this thread.

On another note, the Vista crash issue has finally been solved (in 12495). Thanks to all who helped track down the issue.

Barring any more bugs, this will be the final beta, and we'll be doing a release candidate shortly.

- Fix: avoid duplicate connections with the same ID

What did this cause and what does it effect now ?

uTorrent mostly protected against this - if an outgoing connection was made and a previous connection (incoming or outgoing) to the same peer ID already existed, it would drop the new connection. The missing piece was if two incoming connections from the same peer ID arrived, it would not drop one of them. So in some cases two connections to the same peer, one over IPv4 and one over IPv6 for example, could be made.

The new behaviour is to always enforce one connection per peer ID. This is in addition to allow_same_ip.

The newest version (12495) should fix this, even if UPnP is enabled.

well, i'm up, and µtorrent is still running :)

BUT, i must say, upgrading is the first thing i did when these crashes were occuring

so i already was running build 12495, and the crashes still happened ...

Can you post your crash dumps? How do you know it's the "Vista bug"?

Can you post your crash dumps? How do you know it's the "Vista bug"?

here's my crashdump

and how i know it's the "Vista Bug"?

err, well, i was reading the forums here, tried to recreate some crashes, tried some solutions that were posted, and because i use Vista? :)

no, i dunno really, just trying to help, cuz i love µTorrent!

i'm always willing to (beta)test some more ...

Archived