Conservative Settings Chart (Alternate Speed Guide for uTorrent)

Switeck

• 2 weeks later...

am having speed problem now. what shall i do. i have more than 300 seeds seeding my downloading torrent and the peers are around 50. i have a connection of 512kbps. and i dont know what to do now so can any body please help me. i have port forwarded properly and all my settings are correct. In my utorrent for some less seeded ones are speed high. last nite i got 60kb/s and now i am getting 10 to 15 kb/s. what shall i do. is that a torrent problem or what. In advance thank for any help by anyone. will be really appreciated by me.

"i have a connection of 512kbps."

512 kilobits/second DOWNLOAD?

What is your upload max? That's the basis for setting uTorrent's settings.

Some torrents are slow, but even still if there's a few seeds you can almost expect to get at least half as much download speed as upload if uTorrent set correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

0.26 megabit/sec upload speed is very close to 256 kilobit/sec upload speed settings on my chart.

That's what I recommend you use.

If you want, it doesn't hurt others much to increase max active downloading torrents to 2, since this won't increase the number of people you're trying to upload to at once. (...because max active torrents is only 2.)

Having too many upload slots (per torrent times active torrents) means your upload gets split so thin that nobody is getting "useful" speeds from you...peers will refuse to upload back to you and much of what you upload becomes wasted data. :(

Ideally, each upload slot needs at least 3 KiloYTE/sec upload speed on average. But on slower connections, 2 KiloYTE/sec upload speed on average per upload slot is ok. Just don't go below 1!

hello, i did everything the chart says, when i first installed the program i had 600+kbps on download on almost any torrent file i download it, but know even with torrent files with over 1000+ seed my download rate is 150kbps. i tested my speed and is 1.32Mbps for download and 0.32 Mbps, what is wrong with utorrent? this is my test results

http://www.speedtest.net/result/523283641.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i love to know what speed i can upload at too this is tested from New Zealand too the UK

My speed is capped during the day, but i cant figure a good upload speed i download at full speed but when i goto seed it just dies and im on a ratio torrent site

533415949.png

0.15 megabit/sec upload speed is rather low, but try a speed test to somewhere closer...like Australia.

If you don't get higher results, sadly it looks like you have about 0.15 megabit/sec = 0.15 * 1024 = 153.6 kilobit/sec upload ... or about 153 / 8 = 19 KiloBYTES/sec max upload speed.

I'd recommend using the 128 kbit/sec upload settings (with its 9 KiloBYTE/sec max upload) or 160 kbit/sec upload settings (with its 13 KiloBYTE/sec max upload), but I'd try testing higher alternate upload speeds while not downloading (while only seeding)...to help get your ratio up.

The plan im on in nz its capped during 9am till 2am thats for torrents all other traffic is ok when i grab a torrent in those hours my speed 150kb/s nothing more nothing else unless its a crap seeded torrent.

And i have unlimited what i can download and upload, just capped speed during those hours

Im having problems with private trackers then public im not sure if private are not seeded enough

I have a 10mbit upload connection and I'm seeding about 300 torrents. I know it's much and it's highly unrecommended, but I'd like to ask: is it possible that you get very low download/upload speeds when seeding such many torrents? I can get decent speeds while seeding 0-250~ torrents(or a bit less), but somewhere around the 300-mark I seem get very low upload/download speeds when downloading torrents. I've seen users seeding 1000+ torrents, and I wonder: Is this possible without loosing much speed when having a 100mbit seedbox?

Well I rarely get upload speed on those b/c there's not much leechers on them but often many seeders, so why would I hit HDD Speed limitations if I don't max my speed?

And I didn't really get the first part there, is that a formel for something I should put in somewhere in µtorrent settings? Does it mean Uploadspeed/(slots*torrents), in my case 1400kbs/20*299=1400kbs/5980=0,234. Don't get it =P

I have 1000kbs set as uploadlimit in utorrent though, accordingly to this guide.

I'm using private trackers, and this last part "

Even these settings aren't great for overseeded torrents, nearly dead torrents, PRIVATE TRACKERS!", should I take that as a big fat NO to using these settings when downloading from private trackers?

Archived