µTorrent 2.0 released

Firon

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to tack on as another colorblind user that is having a really hard time with the new status icons. I do think it odd that I can replace the toolbar icons and the program icon (though the new RC deleted all of my old bitmaps including these two) but no other set.

Yahoo translation:

xacox:

Hello: I am seeding torrent with version 2.0 build 17624, and appears raising and lowering simultaneously, the problem it is that I am the initial seed. he will be bug?

bigred: I'm sure that in the next RC the user's skins would be available again, and we can all enjoy the old GUI we got used to...

http://www.utorrent.com/skins

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=441821#p441821

i have the same problem as xacox, but im not a initial seeder tough, just a normal peer.

the speed graph used to look like a mountain landscape until i disabled the bandwidth management in the bittorrent settings section. now the graph is a straight line going along my max ul/dl speed values.

everyone experiencing the same speed problems should try the same

I've found, for at least the last two builds, that utorrent randomly decides to hog all the cpu indefinitely.

no file checking taking place, I come home to find everything appearing normal, just much slower.

I'd get more info, but as that pc doesn't have a monitor, and this bug makes VNC/RDP excruciating, it'd be tricky :)

Win 7 x64. uT build 17624

2.0 shows you overhead used for uploads and downloads now by default. This will make it look like it's exceeding your limiter, but it's actually not. It's behaving exactly the same as 1.8.5.

It's just showing you the TRUE bandwidth consumption. It makes the graphs look a lot less smooth as a result. :P

well, as I remember - the calc_overhead will not cause the display to show over the limit. It will just INCLUDE the overhead in the rate display (with the data). This was it's main purpose - to not overflow your connection with the overhead, but always have the WHOLE traffic obey the limits. The small side effect will be showing some non zero numbers when there is no data transfer.

And there should be not change from the behavior (with calc_overhead = true) in 1.8.x except for it being the default now...

RE: #64

Yeah the way it shows the limiter is confusing. If I set it to limit to 20kB/s then i want that to be the actual, real limit of any and all data going through, is that so hard?

I have to share bandwidth with a roomate, I have to make sure I'm not hogging any bandwidth, I achieve this through knowing what my limit is, in real terms.

I set it to 13kB/s right now and it's reporting 23kB/s... that is a pretty big difference when you don't have a lot of upload speed.

Since we're talking about the net.calc_overhead option, there is something I've been wondering about:

If I want to see only the data that the tracker sees (the data that the tracker uses to calculate my ratio), should I set net.calc_overhead to false?

I want to see the uploaded data, downloaded data, and rate that the tracker is seeing and I want my ratio and all data calculation in µTorrent to match what the tracker is seeing. Does net.calc_overhead affect uploaded MB, downloaded MB or just the rate?

Also, just to clarify because I've heard it said both ways on the forum: Does net.calc_overhead show an estimate of the overhead or the actual overhead. It would be helpful if the formula for calculating the overhead would be posted here.

Thanks!

P.S. Happy Holidays to everyone!

>If I want to see only the data that the tracker sees (the data that the tracker uses to >calculate my ratio), should I set net.calc_overhead to false?

for the data RATE - yes , for the data #s - no

>Does net.calc_overhead affect uploaded MB, downloaded MB or just the rate?

no, just the rate

>Does net.calc_overhead show an estimate of the overhead or the actual overhead.

combined: ~5% for TCP + exact for uTP/UDP

IMHO ...

@Zarggg: I quote:

"- Fix: download/uploader limiter issues in build 17539"

This issue is critical for all users (like myself) that has an asymmetric connection with very load upload bandwidth (like 1500/150 Kbit-ps). That's what the calc_overhead was designed to solve (and people can choose not to use it).

I expect that in an RC, being similar to the final, this will be solved (and it seems to work OK in 1.8.x).

Since 2.1 is due only in a very long time, I still say - solve it here and now. For me this version is useless w/o it!

Archived