µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

What does the "v" flag mean? I saw it briefly when connecting to some seeds on a torrent.

I would very much appreciate if someone could point me to a complete list of flags and their meanings. The list you have in the FAQ and in the help file is incomplete.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a question... i notice that large files like 2gb over seem to be marked by utorrent as 100% complete but when viewing the video i notice buffering. So putting the file back in the temp folder n running the torrent for it again it hash checks the file around 99.9% complete. This has happen several times already.

Is this a bug a problem at my end?

The GUI won't appear on my XP Pro SP2 and Vista SP1 laptops. The program is running and displays the icon in the taskbar but nothing will bring up the user interface. The localization in both of these systems is not english, pretty much the only thing in common. µTorrent 2.0.1 beta 18284 works fine.

Just tried 2.1 again and it seems it just won't work properly on my system(Win7 x64). By looking at the speed graph, the client gets data for few seconds and then stops for several minutes and gets data for few seconds again etc... The client also messages on the statusbar "Disk overloaded 100%", and because 2.0 (and 2.01 mostly) work fine I'd imagine that it's a false message... My hard drives (Intel RAID0 on 2x 1Tb Western Digital Caviar Blacks) are working fine and at full speed.

The Disk overloaded message might come from the torrents that are located on network file server(my old linux machine with samba shares). The machines are connected over a gigabit network so the speed really shouldn't be a problem and as said 2.0 works fine with the same torrents.

I guess I should next test out all the Disk Cache settings...

[edit] Just disabled all the cache settings and the client started downloading just fine. But it seems the client still isn't uploading anything.

Just disabling utorrents own write caching allows the client to download and the disk overloaded message disappears. But disabling read caching doesn't make upload work.

I guess I'll need to downgrade back to 2.0 until this bug is fixed...

The GUI won't appear on my XP Pro SP2 and Vista SP1 laptops.

Same thing happened to me. Turns out the application was off screen. I got it back via right-clicking on the taskbar object and selecting "Move". Alternatively, the Maximize function also worked, though Restore puts the application back off screen.

Anybody elses RATIO broken? For a test I set one download to 10% ratio.. it's now at 2.724 and still seeding. Far cry from 10% ratio. Seems ratio is broken in this release. Another thing I noticed is pause all torrents didn't work either.. using Windows 7 32bit

On my XP Pro SP3 machine i only get this:

---------------------------

utorrent-2.1-beta-18148.upx.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x004481f8" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program

Click on CANCEL to debug the program

OK Cancel

Right mine doesn't work at all, now this confused the hell out of me but the ui won't maximise it's as if it's constantly minimised it works i hit CTRL + P and put the webui on and i could see my torrent list and everything...

I'm using windows 7 64bit ultimate on a decent I7 system only reinstalled windows 3 days ago, i don't understand why it does it...

I have the latest Alpha (18304) and it works pretty much perfectly other than the fact that the files tab simply won't display. All the other tabs work as expected. Is there any other way of changing the priority of certain files in a torrent? That would be really useful until this is fixed.

OS is Windows 7 32-Bit running on an Eee PC 1005HA if that helps at all

The latest alpha now requires at least Windows NT 3.5 (NT) emulation in Wine to work. All the former ones were fine with "Windows 2.0". This is not a complaint, just a note for those using Wine.

You'll probably wanna use the most recent emulation option, honestly. A lot of compatibility stuff is there for older OSes.

18304 on Windows7 x64, still keeps one CPU core 100% busy all the time, even with no active torrents.

Please create a crash dump for when it uses 100% CPU. Open the task manager, go to processes, right click on the utorrent.exe process, then choose Create Dump File. Compress this with WinRAR, then upload it to mediafire.com and email the link to firon at utorrent.com.

Archived