µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

v0.370 (2010-03-23)

+ Feature: Torrent job queue order changing (requires µTorrent v2.0.1)

First post as usual. This feature has been waiting for a release with backend support, and it seems like support was rolled into µTorrent v2.0.1 build 18723 (quicker than I had anticipated). People who have been asking for queue management support -- well here it finally is!

Edit: I should like... bump the version number or something, since v0.370 has already been declared "stable". This version numbering scheme really sucks, and my constant reuse of numbers doesn't help make it any less confusing for users. Ugh. Next time, I guess.

I seem to have run into an issue with the WebUI port - it works just fine on an alternate port, but there are issues using stunnel for SSL.

This issue only manifests itself when accessing the uTorrent preferences from the WebUI.

Obviously, stunnel and uTorrent cannot run on the same port, and this is where the problem lies: uTorrent sends a redirect back to the client after changing a setting and hitting either apply or OK, but the redirect includes the port number. Fine, but the port number in the redirect is the uTorrent listening port, not the stunnel listening port.

So, I get an SSL error, because uTorrent WebUI is not natively supporting SSL on its listening port.

You can reproduce this error yourself: set up uTorrent WebUI on one port, say 3031. Set it to only listen on 1270.0.0.1. Set up stunnel to connect to that port, and provide SSL on another port, say 3030.

Now, go to the preferences, and attempt to change something related to the WebUI, and hit either apply or OK. Bam - it redirects you to port 3031 in this instance, not 3030.

Is there any way to fix this?

Bug: with the new version "utorrent-webui.2010031621404672.zip" the adding of columns (f.e. "remaining") is not possible any more.

Previous version "utorrent-webui.2010020718333315.zip" works.

EDIT: using the really last version helps :P

Btw: at the "remaining" it should indicate blank instead of "0.00 kB" as the normal GUI does.

Oh, it's definitely not a full time thing. I'm just maintaining what I can, when I can.

v0.371 WIP (2010-04-04)

~ Change: Blank "Remaining" column if remaining amount is insignificant

~ Change: Encode search queries before submitting to search engine

~ Change: Hide search bar if search engine list empty

~ Change: Split "Add File" and "Add URL" into two dialogs

~ Change: Support size/speed units up to exabytes (EB)

First post.

Yep, version bump and return of the WIP tag, because I don't want to confuse users on v0.370, but I don't want to keep bumping the version number for each and every WIP build I push out with minimal changes. When I feel ready, I'll push the number up kinda appropriately/arbitrarily ;D

This build has no major user-facing changes, but it actually involved a cleanup of the HTML/CSS. I can't tell for sure whether I've broken anything, but I did try to minimize the impact -- so I haven't noticed any real issues. No guarantees that I didn't break anything though, so feedback is most welcome.

Bug in 0.371+0.370: selecting column "Up-speed" active shows correct upspeeds at the right torrents (2 in my case).

Selecting now the column "Status" shows the wrong torrents to the corresponding up-speeds (having 2 torrents with less than 100% and both stopped on top - one shown as completed now)!

0371.png

Well uh, I wouldn't have stated that it didn't work without having first tested it myself. I did try v0.370 with IE before responding, and no, pressing Enter doesn't work for adding by URL, because the HTML for the adding by URL didn't even support it. It did work when adding by file, which I confirmed above, and that's because the add URL form actually had a type="submit" button (unlike the add by URL).

At any rate, it's been reimplemented in my code already, so look forward to its inclusion in the next update.

Well, no, it wasn't implemented. I did have it on my todo from the first time I added the dialog, but the only sensible one I could think of was Ctrl+U -- which conflicts with a common browser shortcut (View Source). In the end, I decided to override Ctrl+U anyway. Get it in the first post.

v0.371 WIP (2010-04-16)

~ Change: Ctrl+U opens "Add Torrent from URL" dialog

~ Change: Holding Shift while pressing Delete removes torrent with data

~ Change: HTML-based delete confirmation dialog rather than browser confirm()

~ Change: More graceful zoom handling in modern browsers with full page zooming

~ Change: Pause unpauses torrents only if all selected torrents are paused

~ Change: Restore ability to press Enter to submit torrents in add dialogs

~ Change: Use listview for Advanced Options

* Fix: Don't request add-url if URL is blank

I'm not sure how dangerous a change "~ Change: Holding Shift while pressing Delete removes torrent with data" is going to be, but I decided to implement it in order to make it closer to µTorrent shortcuts... Still not sure if it was the right choice, but only time (and/or feeback) will tell.

"~ Change: Pause unpauses torrents only if all selected torrents are paused" was inspired by Step's suggestion.

Hey, i'm not sure but i think that i uncovered a little bug with WebUI 0.371.

About option "Automatically load .torrents from:" in tab "Directories".

i wanted to add 100+ torrents to my box with that option, i wrote the path folder that contains all those *.torrent files i want to add, and it won't add those torrents. i waited at least 30 minutes but nothing done.

I tried this option on other box i own and the same result: nothing.

You got it working? or it's just me?

P.S.

I tried stopping utorrent client and turn it on again, but it won't scan my folder and still won't add those torrents.

Archived