µTorrent 2.0.2 released

Firon

@DreadWingKnight - Downgrading isn't troubleshooting and doesn't actually solve the problem at hand.

I know. Neither is disabling the feature...

I just hope there will eventually be enough people to show that the problem is real and to help developers to locate the exact problem.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the latest version my download from 450/500 Kb/s went to 10/20 Kb/s... :- /

(i didn't have any other problems)

I roll back to my previous working version (19078) , but the problem is STILL there!!! :-(

What should i do???

PLEASE fix it!! Thanks , keep up the good work...

i had problems surfing net. the page refuse to finish loading, most of the web site is only displaying the title, or half loading. some web site even show 'page could not display' .closing uT will solve the problems.

i using transp disposition 5

connect speed 1

tcp rate control false

max halfopen 2

upnp tcp only true

global con 100

con per torrent 99

upload slot 2

it is really good after uT fix their bug on forum of cannot write too many word.

I, for one, always set net.calc_overhead to false. I just don't like it when estimation is involved. I've been using pretty much the same settings since day one and IMHO there's no point in changing something that works. Now, I did experiment with different settings with net.calc_overhead on but I found that I can set limits that make more sense with net.calc_overhead off. With net.calc_overhead enabled, the limit I set (especially upload) doesn't work very well for all the different torrents I download. I found it's easier and better to leave net.calc_overhead off and use the settings I've been using all along.

Even with uTP, my old settings still work fine. Maybe the reason I'm not seeing lots of overhead is because I mostly download from private trackers so usually there's only a handful of very fast peers instead of lots of slow peers.

Anyway, I know you guys put a lot of work into this overhead calculation but unfortunately it's still not very accurate when comparing it to a driver-based calculation program like NetLimiter.

P.S.

It might not be a good idea to have net.calc_overhead set to true by default because it's not the standard way of doing things. People that are used to other torrent clients or P2P clients expect the limits they set to be obeyed in the same way. Now, they have to worry about changing their settings because µTorrent accounts for overhead by default. All I'm trying to say is you'll be getting a lot more reports from newbies this way.

I still love µTorrent :) . Keep up the good work.

This build is Throttling my download speed!!!! Experiment: Same torrent file, build 18907 - 800kbs. Upgrade - 300kbs. Install previous build and within 5 seconds 800kbs! I'm a freakin Magician. I challenge the rocket scientists that built this piece'o'shiot to test and deny what we already know. CNET already downgraded to the previous build. Why does everyone else know except the Developers? You'd think no one told them! Talk about denial! Obviously not M.I.T. like me!

@Ondyo: how exactly were those settings when it crashed ? write unchecked ? both unchecked?

Edit:

@420:

you, having a small amount of overhead cause of using private trackers, is no reason to not do things right.

I just don't like it when estimation is involved.

...With net.calc_overhead enabled, the limit I set (especially upload) doesn't work very

it's still not very accurate when comparing it to ...

so point out to problems an have them improved/fixed. I'm all for it ...

True - this overhead IS larger with uTP! so, do you want to cancel uTP or have the devs try and imrove it ?

I found it's easier and better to leave net.calc_overhead off and use the settings I've been using all along.

it's always more difficult to change things than to leave them as they were.

P.S.

It might not be a good idea to have net.calc_overhead set to true by default because it's not the standard way of doing things. People that are used to other torrent clients or P2P clients expect the limits they set to be obeyed in the same way. Now, they have to worry about changing their settings because µTorrent accounts for overhead by default. All I'm trying to say is you'll be getting a lot more reports from newbies this way.

bad idea :(

- messearing ALL/true traffic data is always best:

-> you are shaped by it

-> you are being charged by it

-> you are sharing load with others/apps by it

- yes, it's not easy to change existing habits, things you were used to. It's just one more reason to try ease the migration:

-> better speed graph (maybe cancel the overhead display by default ?)

-> notify upgraders of the change, and required adjustments (readme ? message ?)

-> try and auto adjust/increase speed-limit settings (with a notification/confirmation)

I still love µTorrent

me too... that's why I'm not giving up on trying to improve it... ;)

back to the download ITSELF for a moment, i am running 18907 and i keep getting the popup to download and install 19248. when i click "yes" nothing happens. NOTHING. it doesn't even open a browser window of your site.

i can get the build on my own, but what is this "yes" SUPPOSED to trigger?

@Ondoy: that's strange, since the latest 2.01 build/update should have forced this read-cache automatically to "disabled" (if you are running build 19248)

-- 2010-04-23: Version 2.0.1 (build 19248)

- Change: bypass Windows system cache while reading to avoid excessive memory uage

uage == usage...

@ 420 - I also like rafi strongly disagree, cause overhead limit is needed to be limited, like the name say "upload limit", so uT shouldnt exceed this set limit

for example in my case overhead upload is about the same like uploading (or even sometimes larger), when I download max torrents on my 10 / 2 Mb line :P

just redo down/up settings like uT says and fast download speed should be back... :)

Archived