µTorrent 2.2 "Griffin" beta 22538

Firon

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Note On 21882:

Have updated just now and not sure if it continues; but when moving highly active just-completed torrents the automated 'move to:' command string fails.

Specifically When having it checked to move finished torrents to a new directory:

AND the torrent has in excess of 1000 peers

AND the torrent is seeding (apparently only at high bandwidth >500k-800B/s)

the move fails,

leaving the files as is in the original download directory

Placing an equal-sized blank file called "copy$:" in windows OR

"copy" (on Linux running WINE)

In the move to directory

and the torrent immediately fails in utorrent requiring manual moving and resetting of files/torrent.

Something to note.

I apologize is not very good English. The problem appeared in the last two versions (21882 and 22007). Before, I could for any torrent specify a specific folder for downloading. UTorrent is now created in the specified folder, another folder whose name he took from the name of the torrent. Will there be returned as it was before? If not, how to rectify the situation (what settings)?

It would be desirable, of course, that all was as before. So it is VERY inconvenient.

Using build 22007, I'm wondering why are there so many "Hang diagnostics" & "Hang reported successfully" statements in the logs?

It seems every time I make a change in preferences or "sometimes" when set the bandwidth (right click bottom status, left of green check mark), uTorrent freezes for a few seconds and then act normally, whiling loging "Hang diagnostics"...

This was also the case with v2.0.4 (build 21586)..

i m using 2.0.4 b21586 on win7 ultimate 64bit

i have same problem as described by Simon100

uTorrent freezes when changing some option

i noticed it when enabling and disabling "Resolve IPs"

also the "Resolve IPs", in the "Peers" tab, is not working

i had disabled IP resolving (to save bandwidth and reduce overheads) in previous version and that preference continued in the new version.

in old version resolving ip was working correctly (displaying flags respective to the ip addresses) but i enabled it in this version and now this option has no effect. nothing happens, except freezing for almost 5 secs, when checking/unchecking "Resolve IPs"

btw, just for fun:

i have noticed from a reply by a Chinese that, Chinese mostly like big icons on application skins.

this can be confirmed from their cartoons too. in their cartoons their eyes & head r drawn bigger than normal.

agree?

I had originally thought latest 2.2 Griffin would fix the "hands/freezes" but it still happens "alot", or too often than it should. Older releases that now have "security defects" did not have this issue. I believe it started happening more often when the "security patch" build was made available.

I suppose the final release will allow to restore the Categories list to its tidy classic view with plain Labels list. Without that "Find content" shit. Currently the restyled Categories pane looks bloated and it's really a huge step back in usability.

btw if an App hangs or waits for data on a slow connection it also blocks the whole UI, so it must be executed in a separate thread. I suppose it's pretty obvious.

Ah and btw the lower pane list became bloated as well in this development fork, I wonder why.

There's a very bad change made after build 21837, not mentioned in changelog. Previous builds didn't check availability of files for torrents with "Finished" status. I was able to change status of all torrents which files are on a certain HDD to "Finished", then replace this HDD with an empty one without these torrents' statuses being changed to "Error". Now I'm unable to do this. Please change the behaviour back.

And another annoying thing. I have almost 2000 torrents in list, and when I exit uTorrent, it remains in memory for a very long time after its icon disappears from system tray. If I need to launch uTorrent again I'm forced to monitor task list. Can you please make the system tray icon disappearing only when uTorrent really gone from memory?

Archived