µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

The scheduler thing I'm only going to put in the status bar context menu (just like µTorrent currently does it). Slightly closer integration with the scheduler has already been on my todo. I only pushed out the current build without the scheduler stuff because I wanted the status bar to be tested.

Regarding the Preferences thing, I agree. It's something that's been on my mind, but I never formally put it on my todo list. I guess I'll do that now.

See, you're going to have to be more detailed than that. I can't diagnose anything if I don't even know what version of µTorrent you're running, or what you mean by "doesn't work".

Edit: Nevermind. You posted in the Linux forum too. In that case, there's nothing I can do about this bug until the backend is fixed to properly support multiple labels.

About labes: when i right click a torrent > Label and select a label to which i want to assign the torrent, it doesnt add it to that label.

Note: i defined my labes in the preferance panel.

Another problem i digged up, when i try to add a torrent, i browse for it, click Ok, it submits i think, but the torrent does not appear in the torrent list.

Isnt added.

A pagerefresh (f5 is necessary) to make it appear.

I don't know what's up with the need to refresh the page. I have been making heavy performance tweaks to the listview in recent days, and might've run into and corrected the problem -- I'm not sure. Will have to see if the problem persists in the next version.

The label thing I can't fix even if I wanted to, as I already told you. That'll have to wait until I get my other priorities finished, and the WebUI backend is updated to fully support multiple labels per torrent.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh. Stupid me... Will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for the report!

(This bug isn't only with µTorrent Server, though it happened as a result of my implementing server support)

In the mean time, you can work around the issue by entering the following in your addressbar:

javascript:["total_uploaded_history", "total_downloaded_history", "total_updown_history", "history_period"].each(function(id){$(id).setStyle("display", "block");})

Selective FILE Priority Broken

Don't know if FILE Priority is broken in uTorrent, but i got some file error, selected a few files to download from a .torrent file, when the webUI reported the download was finished (the selected files were downloaded), and tried to open them, surprise: INVALID file format.

So i thought there was a codec issue, since the files were .MP4, didn't work. So i thought maybe uTorrent broken the files cause i made a selective file download.

So i selected all the files from the .torrent and set them to normal normal priority. (some of the were set on No Download)

When the torrent finished downloading all files, they worked.

Thanks, I don't know if this is a issue which is currently in fixing process.

If indeed you really are experiencing a problem with selective file downloading, I don't understand how it's a bug in WebUI. WebUI is only a UI -- it doesn't change how µTorrent behaves underneath. WebUI is working if it's allowing you to change the file priorities, so you're going to have to troubleshoot this in the Troubleshooting forum for whatever version of µTorrent you're running.

Ho ho ho.

v0.380 WIP (2010-12-24)

+ Feature: Category list context menu

+ Feature: Main menu icon in status bar

+ Feature: Pause/resume all

+ Feature: Toggle Detailed Info Pane tab icons

~ Change: Heavy performance optimizations

~ Change: Improved context menu management

~ Change: Improved horizontal scrolling for category list and Preferences menu

~ Change: Improved virtual listview scrolling responsiveness

~ Change: Press Enter to submit settings changes in Preferences dialog

~ Change: Press Enter to submit settings changes in Properties dialog

~ Change: Remember last used pane in the Preferences dialog

~ Change: Visual feedback when pressing a form button

* Fix: Listview slightly broken when changing categories

* Fix: Opera 11 causing listview column headers to become hidden

* Fix: Opera scrolling entire document in some situations

* Fix: Regression in ability to change priority in Files tab by double-click

* Fix: Transfer Cap usage history invisible

Notes

The main focus of this release was to polish up existing stuff. To that end, I've heavily tweaked performance in this build so that WebUI should finally be usable on most browsers now. Chrome users probably won't notice any difference, but Firefox and Opera (and I suppose IE) users should find that it loads more quickly, and is more responsive now.

For the technically inclined/interested, the biggest speedup was achieved by patching MooTools' $ function. It's extremely slow at finding element IDs (probably because the Slick selector engine is unoptimized, despite the MooTools devs' claims to the contrary), and so browsers other than Chrome end up taking tons of time just looking for elements. I have no idea why Opera was hit the hardest, but by discovering and fixing this, I managed to improve starup times on Opera by probably 80-90% (rough estimate). The fix was as simple as wrapping MooTools' $ function by performing document.getElementById() before passing the element into document.id().

Anyway, performance aside, the other somewhat-major bit of polish applied is that menus should no longer ever fall off the screen. If a submenu hits the right-edge of the screen, it'll show up on the left instead. If a menu is too long, it'll scroll instead on mouse over. The downside here is that IE6 probably doesn't support this all too well, but frankly, I don't think I should care anymore about such an antiquated browser anyhow.

Pause/resume all is finally implemented in the main menu icon now found in the status bar. There are other minor changes all around, and the changelog should list most of them (though I probably missed a few things).

Yep, RSS support still isn't there. I have a large chunk of it done, but it just isn't ready due to various factors. I didn't want it to hold the release up, so I cut my losses and pushed out everything else I've done since the last release. RSS support is the last major blocker that's preventing me from removing the WIP tag from the otherwise rather mature v0.380.

Anyway, have a safe and happy holiday season, people!

Hi!

I love your work, and use the WebUI daily. One thing that I miss the most from the "normal" client, is the ability to get error messages coming from the trackers.

What I mean is that even when a torrent gets deleted from a tracker, it still shows up as a green arrow in the WebUI. But if you check in the uTorrent client, it actually shows a red arrow, indicating that there is something wrong.

Is it hard to implement trackers more extensivly, than simply in the "Properties" part of a torrent?

In short: Would love to see a "Trackers" tab, like you have in the normal client, with the current tracker status displayed. And also that the torrent icon truly reflects if everything is "green" or not.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Happy New Year! :D

I have been using uTorrent for a long time now and for the past year and a half have happily been using it as a service on a remote system accessing it via the WebUI.

Today (Dec 26/2010) the WebUI stopped working giving me a timeout message.

I downloaded the new zip file and stuck it in the appdata\utorrent dir as per usual and still

get the timeout. No settings were changed. What could be the issue?

Keep up the great work, uTorrent is the best!

[EDIT] Just went through the settings and somehow the listening port was changed. Changed it back and still timed out.

[EDIT #2/FIX] Odd. logged on to the remote system and did the CTRL+F5 solution on the url and that seemed to have fixed it. Can see the GUI remotely again.

Hi,

I am trying to assemble an utserver.conf file and I am checking on the web UI if my settings are correct.

I am currently trying to find out which directory option is which.

So I update the conf, stop the server, delete settings files, start utserver and go to the Web UI to find if the Directories page from the Preferences shows what I entered.

I filled dir_autoload option but on the web UI the "Automatically load .torrents from:" textbox is still empty.

Is this an utserver backend issue or from the UI?

Hi. I'm new to the WebUI and I have a problem.

Running it with Chrome 8.0, I can see torrents list,

but I have no toolbar with buttons, no right-click menu

anywhere except column-chooser, no files list

at the bottom.

WebUI ver. is 0.380 WIP (2010-12-24) and I tried earlier ones too.

Google returns not many results and mostly about Opera or FireFox.

Any idea where to dig?

Thanks

Alex

Melbourne

FAQ and Search. Use them.

It helped. Found a guy with the same problem. Guest account. Fixed. Thanks.

I know everyone should read FAQ and/or Manual twice before asking,

but no one does. So, maybe its a good idea to prevent such a stupid questions

in a future by putting a warning in red like "Limited controls - Guest Login"

somewhere in place of missing toolbar when using Guest account?

And thanks everybody for such a great tool.

Archived