µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 25207

Firon

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Switched from 24369 to 24408 when 24408 was released. After downloading every half hour or so with 24408, the system suddenly shows the blue screen, says something is wrong with the memory management and the whole system auto reboots. utorrent does not create any sort of dump file. Never had this problem with 24369 so I have decided to use 24369 for the moment. So far no problems, back to normal.

Will someone please tell me how to get back to this behavior for the Done and Status columns? Was it completely removed?

The best I can do in these recent builds is either have Done and Status splitted with no graphic progress, or have them combined with graphic progress.

uTorrentDoneStatus.png

That combines the Done and Status columns and allows for the graphic progress bar in the background like this:

uTorrentDoneStatus2.png

As you can see in the other screenshot, it has the progress bar in the Done column with the Status column intact.

I believe this behavior changed in the build where the new highlight color for the listview was introduced. Any combination of the relevant advanced settings doesn't seem to restore this.

The problem here is that when gui.combine_listview_status_done is disabled and both columns are shown, there is no progress bar anymore. With both columns shown separately both gui.graphic_progress and gui.piecebar_progress have no effect anymore at all, they don't work even when enabled. Only way they work is when both Done and Status are combined.

This was not the way this feature worked in previous builds, as illustrated by the first screenshot.

My only hope is that the normal behavior of these settings is restored.

i posted this as its own topic before i saw this thread:

I installed the android app this morning along with falcon.

I can easily DL the torrents using transdroid and open with utorrent on my android phone (HD2) and it then appears on the UI of falcon on the pc and it then proceeds to find all the peers but it is as if it cannot connect to these peers as it doesnt find any of the seeds-

screenshottorrentwebgoo.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Is there a setting i am missing? I am on the alpha 24520

***edit*** disabled firewall, didnt help, all i had to do was restart utorrent and now its working great.... bizarre... either way- thanks for a great piece of software.

µTorrent 3.0 "Falcon" (32-bit) alpha 24520 Log tab:

[2011-02-05 12:59:12] total physical memory 1073197056 max disk cache 33554432

[2011-02-05 12:59:23] IPv6 is installed

[2011-02-05 13:01:30] Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer

[2011-02-05 13:02:31] Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer

[2011-02-05 13:10:58] Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer

[2011-02-05 13:11:55] Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer

[2011-02-05 13:12:07] Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer

[2011-02-05 13:12:49] Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer

[2011-02-05 13:18:49] Banning peer: same peer id as existing peer

[2011-02-05 13:19:42] 109.169.***.**:43404 [uTP](hustle.s02): [µTorrent 3.0 (2.7)]: Banning peer: too many pex messages. 5 since Sat Feb 05 13:19:42 2011

So what does 'same peer id as existing peer' mean?

When I try to play video through the Android app on my device I get a warning, "Failed to start viewer". I'm also not seeing anything listed under "Local Files" although there is a play button next to the file I am trying to play.

edit - sorry, wrong thread

New 3.0 up.

SuperEvideo, the crash can only happen due to buggy drivers or a buggy firewall, so try updating them.

Thanks. With 24520, no such problem. Will continue to monitor it. Thanks for your help. I took the opportunity to update system drivers. Am using Avast! v4.8 Professional.

Archived