µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

Is there a way to specify which folder I want to put my files in using latest WebUI? Every time a new torrent hooked up, I have to move it's content from default dir where it goes to a dir where it supposed to go and it's very annoying :(

Hi, I've beent rying to find an answer to my problems, but with no luck.

I can't get the RSS downloader to work :( I see my feeds alright, and they update just fine. But the "favorites" won't download any torrents, and when i double-click to download a torrent in the feed list, nothing happens. Neither when i right-click and clicks "download" or whatever it says in english (I'm using it in danish...).. But when i click "Open URL in browser", everything works.

Now, the feeds are "ported" from my previous windows installation (moved the rss.dat), could that be the problem?

And the feeds are all from a private tracker, where I've provided the COOKIE-information - does this not work in the WebUI? Or on uTorrent 3.0?

Here's my setup:

Ubuntu 10.10 with uTorrent 3.[newest build] and WebUI from 27. of january.

Hi, I'm new, and honestly I do not want to read 19 pages of reply, said that, I would like to propose a function for the WebUI:

-New column header to sort torrents by date of completion

-New column header to sort by date added torrent

as you can already do on the client desktop.

Thanks. EtorS

Translated by Google Translate

Already done for several weeks now. Just waiting to be released when I find the time to finish some stuff up. Will require µTorrent 3.0.

@nslr: Not sure what to say. It worked for me the last time I tried... I suppose I'll check again -- also when I find some time.

Maybe this been up before but I'm unable to find an awnser.

However I configure my RSS feeds they all end in a big mess without the usual folder that contains each download.That means if I bring files from RSS to:

\sdb1\TV\

and I'm ending up with

\sdb1\TV\whateverseries.avi

and Not

\sdb1\TV\whateverseries\whateverseries.avi

At first view this not might be so upsetting, but lets say they come in rar and there's several episodes. ~ 100 files in no time.

I'm running your webui 0.380 with

µTorrent Server alpha (3.0 build 24733)

Am i the fault of this? I have double checked my windows Utorrent one to many times that's why I'm asking.

Sorry for bad spelling, i have nothing to blame but bad english skill.

// David

Is there a way to access the advanced properties for a torrent through webUI? (i.e.: right click>properties>advanced) I usually set utorrent to run a batch script after certain downloads finish and would love if this option were available through webUI. I know it is possible through preferences to run a program after torrent finishes downloading but this applies to all torrents. I need to run scripts on a per torrent basis, which is possible through desktop gui. Thanks.

@pezboy: Nope.

@david89: Dunno. That might depend on your filter settings. Linux uses forward-slashes, and not back-slashes, to delimit directories. Finally, if indeed you're running into a problem here, I'd be more inclined to believe that the bug doesn't lie with WebUI itself, as such a behavior could really only be defined on the backend.

Changelog

v0.380 WIP (2011-03-19)

+ Feature: "Copy Magnet URI" menu item for torrent jobs

+ Feature: "Copy" menu item for torrent jobs, General, Peers, and Files tabs

+ Feature: .torrent URL drag-and-drop

+ Feature: Added/Completed On columns (uTorrent 3.0 and newer only)

+ Feature: Alt+Enter opens torrent job properties dialog

+ Feature: Format column in RSS feeds list

+ Feature: Piece counts in Files tab (uTorrent 3.0 and newer only)

+ Feature: Save As field in Detailed Info Pane (uTorrent 3.0 and newer only)

+ Feature: Source URL column in torrent jobs list (uTorrent 3.0 and newer only)

~ Change: Font-agnostic UI layout (use system font if available)

~ Change: Improved handling of Detailed Info Pane repaints on visibility toggle

~ Change: Respect gui.graph_legend

~ Change: Updated MooTools to v1.3.1

~ Change: Use Meta key instead of Ctrl for category multi-select on Mac OS X

* Fix: Broken icons in Peers and RSS listviews

* Fix: Broken RSS Date column

* Fix: Broken torrent job Status column sorting

* Fix: Don't show delete dialog for every key combination that includes Delete

* Fix: Regression where listview is not updated properly for selected category

Known Issues

• Main UI: Fonts are screwed up on Chromium Linux
  • RSS Downloader: Only µTorrent 3.0 supports non-read-only operations
  • RSS Downloader: Feeds "Codec" column incompletely implemented
  • RSS Downloader: Favorites can't be disabled (only removed)
  • RSS Downloader: Favorites don't have Unicode support
  • RSS Downloader: Favorites have crazy checkbox-toggling behavior

Release Notes

Probably the most prominent/visible change in this release is the font-agnostic UI layout. Essentially, a bunch of changes were made so that the UI no longer uses fixed sizes for elements, and instead sizes according to the font. That means that no matter what font face, and for any reasonable font size, the UI should remain usable now.

With that, I moved to letting WebUI use system fonts by using CSS meta-fonts like "menu" or "small-caption". Unfortunately, because of this, browsers with spotty OS integration end up looking relatively ugly (though it'll still be usable). The biggest culprit here is Chromium on Linux -- it quite simply doesn't use the proper system fonts, which results in some default sans-serif font being used, with a large font size. This is something I feel that should be fixed on the browser's end, as it works perfectly fine on all Windows browsers, and on Epiphany on Linux (and I think Firefox should be fine as well). In the mean time, users who don't care for WebUI using system fonts can always use the following bookmarklet to revert to some other font of their choosing:

javascript:(function(font){document.body.style.font=font;resizeUI();})("8pt Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif");

Though this was mainly a polishing release, I have added a few things:

• The much-requested Added On and Completed On columns are finally here, although they'll require µTorrent 3.0 to work.
  • Torrent URL drag-and-drop is implemented. A framework was partially set up to allow for .torrent file drag-and-drop as well, but I'm not confident enough in the FileReader API's stability and support to go ahead and just implement it yet.
  • Magnet URI copying is implemented. Trackers aren't copied because... well, if multiple torrents are selected, that can become a bandwidth-intense affair. DHT should be sufficient for most users anyway.

@pezboy: Nope.

@david89: Dunno. That might depend on your filter settings. Linux uses forward-slashes, and not back-slashes, to delimit directories. Finally, if indeed you're running into a problem here, I'd be more inclined to believe that the bug doesn't lie with WebUI itself, as such a behavior could really only be defined on the backend.

Yes, I'm too confident it isn't the web UI that causes the issue, but i assumed you were part of the Utorrent crew too.. My bad, But this seems like the only alive place. Maybe you were to figure it out, or maybe you can make the "run program %N" Feature work in RSS.

Thanks eitherway!

1) Is there a way currently to auto-import into certain folders? I'd like to then run some auto-processing on the subfolders of my download folder to know where to put them or what to do with them. The auto-import into a subfolder would be awesome if it doesn't exist in helping with an almost fully automated download/move.

i could so some regexp on some stuff to auto-move if there is no subfolder, but not all, and it'd get complicated really fast.

2) Is there a way to drag/drop .torrent files to the UI? not a big deal just couldn't get it to work if it does exist.

3) When viewing torrent with TONS of files and I only want to download a few parts... i have to page around about 100 or so pages to find the files i'm looking for... is there a way to view all files in one list?

4) When deleting Data (Torrent + Data or Data Only), could there be a confirmation popup? I accidentally clicked it, luckily on something small that could be redownloaded :)

Just one question, how can I disable this new feature:

~ Change: Font-agnostic UI layout (use system font if available)

In the mean time, users who don't care for WebUI using system fonts can always use the following bookmarklet to revert to some other font of their choosing:
javascript:(function(font){document.body.style.font=font;resizeUI();})("8pt Tahoma, Helvetica, sans-serif");

@pgjensen:

1. No clue what you mean by auto-import.

A framework was partially set up to allow for .torrent file drag-and-drop as well, but I'm not confident enough in the FileReader API's stability and support to go ahead and just implement it yet.

3. Preferences > Web UI > Max. rows per page = 0

4. Preferences > UI Settings > Confirm when deleting torrents

thanks for replies!

1) Preferences -> Directories -> Automatically add torrents folder ... the auto-import nzb folder (watch folder) ... i'd like to have subdirectories in the watch folder that automatically get the destination folder set based on that... i.e. categories (if you use sabnzbd you can do this)

2) sounds good, i can deal with it!

3) thanks!

4) that setting is not there on my webui. i am using your latest webui from 3/19 and utorrent 3.0 linux alpha from March that was recently posted.

1. Oh. That's not something that can be handled by the frontend -- only the backend. This thread is for the frontend only. It certainly has been requested before though.

4. Ugh. I guess I'm going to have to default that to true if the setting isn't found then. Really, I would prefer it that the backend actually support this setting, but oh well.

1) it'd be nice if we could just do some pre-scripting on import, detect where it was imported from with simple regexp, and then set the destination folder from that... i guess that's a backend thing that i have to hope gets implemented since it's closed source.

4) seems like it should default to on at least to protect idiots like me from hitting torrent + data on accident :cool:

Archived