µTorrent 3.0 (32-bit) Stable Release

Firon

2. Are you experiencing problems [with column reset] when upgrading' date=' or downgrading? Also, from/to which versions?

[/quote']

2. It has been the case of column resets on upgrade to every version that involves a column change (added/removed/reordered columns, etc.), so roughly every major version; I have never downgraded. As far as I know this has been the case since I started using µTorrent and I've seen it reported by more than a few people over the years. Usually it only affects the areas where the columns were altered. This time (2.2.1 -> 3.0 RC) it reset all of my columns in every tab/pane.

Confirmed here and was emailed to you, devs... (before - 2.2.1 after - RC1). As osmosis says - I don't understand your surprise, AdamK. It has been crappy like that ever since I remember uT in BT inc hands :P ... . Please try and make the life of 50M up-graders a bit easier... :

221utp7dls.th.png

30utp7dlsafter1stupgrad.th.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, but I don't know why you decided to separate "Created On" and "Created By". I think that was fine as one line and saved just that little bit more space. Also, "Comment" should really be the last line there because some torrents have really long comments so it just works better that way. See my original suggestion: http://i56.tinypic.com/2zg6phs.png . If you do want to keep "Created On" and "Created By" separated, just move "Created By" underneath or above "Created On".

I agree, Created By would make more sense where Hash is, and then Hash and Comment could just fill the next two lines in their current order.

I think it would be MUCH better to sort [Peers] by Relevance first and % second! That way the most relevant peers (the ones that actually have the data you want) stay near the top of the list.

Here I disagree with you, it's not as though whatever's highest on the Peers tab dictates priority; µTorrent is going to do what µTorrent is going to do. I think it makes more sense to have the peers µTorrent is active with at the top, and the best way to do that is to sort by Downloaded with secondary sort by Uploaded.

P.S. Thank you for listening and fixing some of the things I wrote about...but don't forget about the rest of my post.

Devs: Yes! Or my response post :P. And please do respond to 420's other notes: Tray icon is messed up still. With Minimize/Close/Always Show tray options disabled (I use Windows 7) the tray icon still shows up whenever µTorrent starts, or when Preferences have been opened, but as soon as it is minimized for the first time, or Preferences are closed, then the icon disappears (once you mouse-over it..). I just ended up enabling Always Show because at least that way it's consistent.

There is some oddness with the AV icon as well.. when I enable it in Advanced gui options it shows up for a second and then disappears, realigning the network icon to the corner. I think this is where you'd like it? It honestly doesn't bother me though, I kind of like having the second vertical rule there to separate it from the corner grip chrome.

-- 2011-05-23: Version 3.0 RC3 (build 25327)

- Change: health bar is green now

- Fix: crashes

- Fix: µTorrent can hang if checking thousands of torrents

After updating to this version my bars are still yellow colored. Is there a setting now or am I missing something?

I concur. After updating to RC3, the health bar is still orange, also in Speed graph, the background color of the legend box is still white.

Data is Invalid: This has been reported before. Thanks.

I know that it has been reported before because I reported it back in 2.2.1 and I have not had a reply to this until your post.

How sure are you about that (are you maybe thinking of 3.0 alpha/beta)? How do you reproduce it in 2.2.1? There's no way it was about deselecting files then, at least on Windows, since I do that all the time and never saw it before 3.0.

Hello. You can add a botton (or in other menu) in utorrent remote to force check? Sorry my english. Thanks! :)

1. Right-click torrent

2. Force Re-Check

Hello' date=' in utorrent remote via Firefox 4 no work Force Re-Check.

Thanks!![/quote']

Any?? Thanks!!!

We've been working on CPU usage issues for quite some time now, so we definitely aren't ignoring the problem. Just compare today's build with a 3.0 build from a few months ago. :)

Can you let uT run for about 10 minutes, then create a dump of it? You can do so by selecting "Create Dump File" in task manager on utorrent.exe.

Glad to hear! :) Okay, here's the dump. 1 download, 5 seeding (though not all actively). During the 10 minutes I was seeing an average of about 25-30% CPU, and saw it spend a fair amount of time in the 40s and 50s as well.

After creating the dump at 10 minutes I reenabled net.low_cpu for comparison and it averaged about 10%, maxing out at around 20% but this was rare. Scrolling the torrent list remained sluggish with both settings.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ed35mi0m94bjdw5

Cheers!

Confirmed here and was emailed to you, devs... (before - 2.2.1 after - RC1). As osmosis says - I don't understand your surprise, AdamK. It has been crappy like that ever since I remember uT in BT inc hands :P ... . Please try and make the life of 50M up-graders a bit easier...

How did you hide the sidebar/torrents icon in the sidebar?

unled1db.jpg

LeppeR: Advanced gui.tall_category_list = false, and Disable Narrow Toolbar (F11) helps too but you can't get rid of it completely (yet). ;)

Here it is always hidden, since the category list IS checked (viewable ).

^ I see that the GUI might still need "some" work here... After upgrading from 2.2.1 (On XP' date=' running with uTP only bt.transp_disposition = 26) all data / speeds/graph freezes (not changing) every few minutes. Download is still progressing nicely, tho... :(

Has anyone else noticed that ?

[url']http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/3456/39121615.th.png

Yes, this is on the list to fix.

Thanks.

Was this flat-line-speed-graph issue fixed in any of the latest RCs (and skipped in the changelogs) ?

I hope this is the right place to ask - i did look in the FAQ.

Seems like with the 3.0 betas i've installed, i suddenly see my peer count zeroing out in days after a complete DL in all but a few of my loaded torrents (in seeding mode). In 2.x, I almost always had at least some activity in like 13 or 14 out of 15 seeding torrents. In 3.0, it's zeros in like 10 of 15.

Plus my peer count now seems to never match the peer count listed on the torrent page for torrents I'm downloading. Right now I'm DLing a torrent that's supposed to have 8 seeders and no leechers, but my peers tally is showing 0 (2).

I have the green check all the time, and I see nothing actually slowing my torrents, other than a smaller swarm than I think I'm supposed to enjoy.

Is this a settings issue? If there is FAQ info on this, I'd love to find it. I've been using 2.x betas for a couple of years - i feel like I should be able to fix this, but can't.

Thx

Reminder: RSS downloader - promises, promisses... ;)

Simon said ( http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=449936#p449936 ):

Features list is still a bit of a moving target in the details, although the general objectives are set. RSS improvements are definitely in. We should have things clearer within a few days. I'll try to provide more specifics when we have firm commitments.

It has been 15 months now, and I'm still waiting for the RSS downloader to be attended to and renovated... A complete list of RSS feature bugs/improvements is here:

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=44903

Maybe in v 3.1 ?

I hope this is the right place to ask - i did look in the FAQ.

Seems like with the 3.0 betas i've installed, i suddenly see my peer count zeroing out in days after a complete DL in all but a few of my loaded torrents (in seeding mode). In 2.x, I almost always had at least some activity in like 13 or 14 out of 15 seeding torrents. In 3.0, it's zeros in like 10 of 15.

Plus my peer count now seems to never match the peer count listed on the torrent page for torrents I'm downloading. Right now I'm DLing a torrent that's supposed to have 8 seeders and no leechers, but my peers tally is showing 0 (2).

I have the green check all the time, and I see nothing actually slowing my torrents, other than a smaller swarm than I think I'm supposed to enjoy.

Is this a settings issue? If there is FAQ info on this, I'd love to find it. I've been using 2.x betas for a couple of years - i feel like I should be able to fix this, but can't.

Thx

That would be because when you are finished downloading, you are uploading. When you are uploading, you don't need to upload to other people that have already finished downloading (a.k.a. Seeders). That's why you are seeing 0 seeds.

Peer counts are updated daily at best, more often weekly. The result is the information on the website is out of date.

I agree with you here. My speeds have been sub par since the 3.0 builds.

Too many new features is not a good thing. I personally go for fast and efficient, that is why I choose uTorrent.

I would suggest that make those extra features as an addon or extension whatever you call, and allow users easily customize with those features. Webstreaming & Torrent rating, I don't even use it at all, so why not allow users remove those features to make it more memory efficient.

I think it would be MUCH better to sort [Peers] by Relevance first and % second! That way the most relevant peers (the ones that actually have the data you want) stay near the top of the list.

Here I disagree with you' date=' it's not as though whatever's highest on the Peers tab dictates priority; µTorrent is going to do what µTorrent is going to do. I think it makes more sense to have the peers µTorrent is active with at the top, and the best way to do that is to sort by Downloaded with secondary sort by Uploaded.[/quote']I know that the sort order doesn't affect µTorrent's downloading/uploading behavior. This is just the way I have it sorted and IMHO I think it's the best way. I like seeing the peers which matter most to me (the ones that have the data I want), and the best way to do that is to keep them near the top of the list. I've grown accustomed to having it sorted this way and I think it makes the most sense to make it the default sorting order. Though you may not agree with me, I'm sure everyone can at least agree that sorting by IP doesn't make much sense at all. But really, this is not that important because it's something that can easily be customized.

I think the developers should focus instead on the more important issues.

features is not a good thing. I personally go for fast and efficient, that is why I choose uTorrent.

I would suggest that make those extra features as an addon or extension whatever you call, and allow users easily customize with those features.

it sorted and IMHO I think it's the best way. I like seeing the peers which matter most to me (the ones that have the data I want), and the best way to do that is to keep them near the top of the list. I've grown accustomed to having it sorted this way and I think it makes the most sense to make it the default sorting order. Though you may not agree with me, I'm sure everyone can at least agree that sorting by IP doesn't make much sense at all. But really, this is not that important because it's something that can easily be customized.

I think the developers should focus instead on the more important issues.

It's not quite that easy.

Also, I think for the feature set added, uTorrent is capable of remaining extremely light. It just needs more time to mature.

...I think the developers should focus instead on the more important issues.

Yeah' date=' and not on just GUI issues... ;)[/quote']

Back to the old command line we go ;)

Hey.. I think, it's your bug.. Machine (2.13 i3, 4gb-1033) with Win7 x64 stucks after 6-10 hours with launched uT downloading/uploading.

Problem is that uT doesn't clean simbolic links in Mapped File in RAM and it's weight goes up to 2-3 GB.

uT after 10 minutes eats 25% RAM by Mapped File. (Analyzed with RamMap from Sysinternals)

Screens:

100x56,%202.6Kbhttp://i22.fastpic.ru/thumb/2011/0527/68/d2329a7e79951df5ad23c765e7e1f268.jpeg

100x56,%202.2Kbhttp://i22.fastpic.ru/thumb/2011/0527/c6/cc36b91aa24925f13137bcd2c3923ac6.jpeg

100x56,%202.1Kbhttp://i22.fastpic.ru/thumb/2011/0527/38/c0c9945b3f7f595a89676770cc1b1f38.jpeg

Archived