µTorrent WebUI

Ultima

@AlexDOM: Interesting... though I'm not really sure what CPU usage you're measuring. WebUI on your browser? What browser? And is this reproducible? I can only think of one change I recently made that has a possibility of decreasing CPU load ever so slightly, but I doubt it would really affect modern browsers much...

@>ORG@niZM<: Fixed for the next update. Good thing I decided to rewrite the string loading code a bit last time to make this a simple 2-character fix.

Hi!

I can't seem to be able to set upload/download rates on individual torrents in WebUI. Is this a known bug?

If I go into the properties of a torrent, and set say, 50 kB/s on "Maximum upload rate", and then press OK, nothing happends. Going into the properties again for the same torrent, I see that the value I just set is back to 0.

Using Chrome 11.0.696.71, but same results in IE9 also.

using 0.382 with utorrent 2.2.1 the peers list shows up as empty even when i select a file with peers. also it would be nice to have a update tracker button and the time till next auto update of tracker. great program still :)

using 0.382 with utorrent 3.0 getting this in the log when logging in to the webui

[2011-06-09 03:36:15] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\webcache.dat

[2011-06-09 03:36:15] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\webcache.dat.new

[2011-06-09 03:36:15] File not found during integrity check: C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\webcache.dat.old

@mazey: Dunno. That's a backend issue more than a frontend issue.

@MaxP2P: Works for me. Meaning you're going to need to be more detailed as to what you're expecting to see, and what you actually see. And more than telling what version of uTorrent you're running, you're going to need to mention what version of WebUI you're on.

WebUI 0.382 and µTorrent 2.2.1. I'm getting this error whenever I try logging into the WebUI

ARGUMENTS : ILLEGAL

TYPE : unexpected_token

STACK : SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL
at Object.parse (native)
at Object.decode (http://192.168.1.103:65124/gui/mootools.js:1:66686)
at [object Object].<anonymous> (http://192.168.1.103:65124/gui/mootools.js:1:67094)
at [object Object].<anonymous> (http://192.168.1.103:65124/gui/mootools.js:1:17535)
at [object Object].<anonymous> (http://192.168.1.103:65124/gui/mootools.js:1:61900)
at [object Object].onStateChange (http://192.168.1.103:65124/gui/mootools.js:1:17535)
at XMLHttpRequest.<anonymous> (native)

TEXT : "{\"build\":25130,\"settings\": [\n[\"torrents_start_stopped\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"confirm_when_deleting\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"install_revision\",0,\"25130\"]\n,[\"settings_saved_systime\",0,\"1307914154\"]\n,[\"confirm_exit\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"close_to_tray\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"minimize_to_tray\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"tray_activate\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"tray.show\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"tray.single_click\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"activate_on_file\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"confirm_remove_tracker\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"check_assoc_on_start\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"reload_freq\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"bind_port\",0,\"55516\"]\n,[\"tracker_ip\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"dir_active_download_flag\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"dir_torrent_files_flag\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"dir_completed_download_flag\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"dir_completed_torrents_flag\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"dir_active_download\",2,\"F:\\\\Torrent\\\\New\"]\n,[\"dir_torrent_files\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"dir_completed_download\",2,\"F:\\\\Torrent\"]\n,[\"dir_completed_torrents\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"dir_add_label\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"max_dl_rate\",0,\"250\"]\n,[\"max_ul_rate\",0,\"60\"]\n,[\"max_ul_rate_seed\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"max_ul_rate_seed_flag\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"ul_rate_download_thres\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"private_ip\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"only_proxied_conns\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"no_local_dns\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"gui.granular_priority\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.overhead_in_statusbar\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"gui.show_av_icon\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.show_rss_favicons\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.ulrate_menu\",2,\"0,5,10,15,20,30,40,50,100,150,200,300,400,500\"]\n,[\"gui.dlrate_menu\",2,\"0,5,10,15,20,30,40,50,100,150,200,300,400,500\"]\n,[\"gui.manual_ratemenu\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"gui.auto_restart\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.report_problems\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.persistent_labels\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"gui.compat_diropen\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"gui.alternate_color\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.transparent_graph_legend\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"sys.prevent_standby\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"sys.enable_wine_hacks\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"ul_slots_per_torrent\",0,\"10\"]\n,[\"conns_per_torrent\",0,\"100\"]\n,[\"conns_globally\",0,\"1000\"]\n,[\"max_active_torrent\",0,\"12\"]\n,[\"max_active_downloads\",0,\"10\"]\n,[\"seed_prio_limitul\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"seed_prio_limitul_flag\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"seeds_prioritized\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"seed_ratio\",0,\"1500\"]\n,[\"seed_time\",0,\"28800\"]\n,[\"move_if_defdir\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"mainwnd_split\",0,\"502\"]\n,[\"mainwnd_split_x\",0,\"223\"]\n,[\"resolve_peerips\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"check_update\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"check_update_beta\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"anoninfo\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"upnp\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"use_udp_trackers\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"upnp_cached_host\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"natpmp\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"lsd\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"disable_fw\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"finish_cmd\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"state_cmd\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"k\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"v\",0,\"71524906\"]\n,[\"ni\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"tta\",0,\"2596\"]\n,[\"ttd\",0,\"2519\"]\n,[\"ttc\",0,\"2234\"]\n,[\"tab_gl\",0,\"9757\"]\n,[\"tab_ts\",0,\"697590\"]\n,[\"tab_pe\",0,\"1144\"]\n,[\"tab_ps\",0,\"2508\"]\n,[\"tab_fs\",0,\"4036297\"]\n,[\"tab_sd\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"tab_lr\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"apps_tm\",0,\"5883\"]\n,[\"apps_invoked\",0,\"5\"]\n,[\"hlp\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"srch\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"asip\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"asdlurl\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"asdns\",0,\"110\"]\n,[\"ascon\",0,\"47\"]\n,[\"asdl\",0,\"2933\"]\n,[\"as2ip\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"as2dlurl\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"as2dns\",0,\"110\"]\n,[\"as2con\",0,\"63\"]\n,[\"as2dl\",0,\"4165\"]\n,[\"sched_enable\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"sched_ul_rate\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"sched_interaction\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"sched_dl_rate\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"sched_dis_dht\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"webui.remote_enable\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"enable_scrape\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"show_toolbar\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"show_details\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"show_status\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"show_category\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"show_tabicons\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"rand_port_on_start\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"prealloc_space\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"language\",0,\"-1\"]\n,[\"logger_mask\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"allow_pairing\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"autostart\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"dht\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"dht_per_torrent\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"pex\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"rate_limit_local_peers\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"multi_day_transfer_limit_en\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"multi_day_transfer_mode_ul\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"multi_day_transfer_mode_dl\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"multi_day_transfer_mode_uldl\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"multi_day_transfer_limit_unit\",0,\"1\"]\n,[\"multi_day_transfer_limit_value\",0,\"200\"]\n,[\"multi_day_transfer_limit_span\",0,\"11\"]\n,[\"net.bind_ip\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"net.outgoing_ip\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"net.outgoing_port\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"net.outgoing_max_port\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"net.low_cpu\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"net.calc_overhead\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"net.calc_rss_overhead\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"net.calc_tracker_overhead\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"net.max_halfopen\",0,\"100\"]\n,[\"net.wsaevents\",0,\"6\"]\n,[\"net.diffserv_codepoint\",0,\"-1\"]\n,[\"net.limit_excludeslocal\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"net.upnp_tcp_only\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"net.disable_incoming_ipv6\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"net.ratelimit_utp\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"isp.bep22\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"dir_autoload_flag\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"dir_autoload_delete\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"dir_autoload\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"notify_complete\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"extra_ulslots\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"ipfilter.enable\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"dht.rate\",0,\"-1\"]\n,[\"extras\",0,\"2\"]\n,[\"score\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"append_incomplete\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"show_add_dialog\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"always_show_add_dialog\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"gui.log_date\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"featured_apps_version\",2,\"Tue, 16 Nov 2010 23:53:26 GMT\"]\n,[\"ct_hist_comm\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"ct_hist_flags\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"ct_hist_skip\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"boss_key\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"boss_key_salt\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"use_boss_key_pw\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"encryption_mode\",0,\"2\"]\n,[\"encryption_allow_legacy\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"rss.update_interval\",0,\"15\"]\n,[\"rss.smart_repack_filter\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"rss.feed_as_default_label\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.dblclick_seed\",0,\"2\"]\n,[\"gui.dblclick_dl\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"gui.color_progress_bars\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.update_rate\",0,\"250\"]\n,[\"gui.sg_mode\",0,\"1\"]\n,[\"gui.delete_to_trash\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.default_del_action\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"gui.speed_in_title\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.limits_in_statusbar\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.graphic_progress\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.piecebar_progress\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"gui.tall_category_list\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.wide_toolbar\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"gui.find_pane\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.toolbar_labels\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"gui.category_list_spaces\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.bypass_search_redirect\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"gui.last_preference_tab-1.8\",0,\"5\"]\n,[\"gui.last_overview_tab-1.8\",0,\"4\"]\n,[\"gui.last_tree_node\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"gui.cat_all_expanded\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.cat_labels_expanded\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"gui.cat_rss_expanded\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"gui.cat_apps_expanded\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.last_tree_node_installer\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"playback.playback_player\",2,\"%ProgramFiles(x86)%\\\\Windows Media Player\\\\wmplayer.exe \\\"%1\\\"\"]\n,[\"exe_path\",2,\"C:\\\\Program Files (x86)\\\\uTorrent\\\\uTorrent.exe\"]\n,[\"playback.enable_playback\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"playback.use_default_playback_player\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"btapps.auto_update_btapps\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"btapps.auto_update_btinstalls\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"btapps.install_unsigned_apps\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"btapps.reveal_app\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"btapps.skin_url\",2,\"瑢敲潳牵散⼺猯楫獮洯汩⹫瑢歳湩ఀ始i\u0001言uTorrent (UDP)\"]\n,[\"gui.show_btapps\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"avwindow\",0,\"4982618\"]\n,[\"runs_since_born\",0,\"35\"]\n,[\"cfu_seq\",0,\"357\"]\n,[\"queue.dont_count_slow_dl\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"queue.dont_count_slow_ul\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"queue.slow_dl_threshold\",0,\"1000\"]\n,[\"queue.slow_ul_threshold\",0,\"1000\"]\n,[\"queue.use_seed_peer_ratio\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"queue.prio_no_seeds\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"queue.switchtime\",0,\"60\"]\n,[\"queue.switchtime_prio\",0,\"300\"]\n,[\"queue.started_bonus\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"bt.tcp_rate_control\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.graph_tcp_rate_control\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"gui.graph_overhead\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"gui.graph_legend\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"bt.ratelimit_tcp_only\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"bt.transp_disposition\",0,\"31\"]\n,[\"net.utp_target_delay\",0,\"100\"]\n,[\"net.utp_packet_size_interval\",0,\"10\"]\n,[\"net.utp_receive_target_delay\",0,\"100\"]\n,[\"net.utp_initial_packet_size\",0,\"4\"]\n,[\"net.utp_dynamic_packet_size\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"net.discoverable\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"bt.extra_ul_rand\",0,\"128\"]\n,[\"bt.extra_ul_max\",0,\"10\"]\n,[\"bt.prio_piece_thres\",0,\"20\"]\n,[\"bt.few_pieces_thres\",0,\"4\"]\n,[\"bt.http_pending_limit\",0,\"4\"]\n,[\"bt.dl_queue_factor\",0,\"4\"]\n,[\"bt.ul_queue_factor\",0,\"2\"]\n,[\"bt.scrape_stopped\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"bt.compact_allocation\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"bt.enable_tracker\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"bt.multiscrape\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"bt.send_have_to_seed\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"bt.set_sockbuf\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"bt.connect_speed\",0,\"7\"]\n,[\"bt.prio_first_last_piece\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"bt.sequential_download\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"bt.sequential_files\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"bt.allow_same_ip\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"bt.no_connect_to_services\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"bt.no_connect_to_services_list\",2,\"25,110,6666,6667\"]\n,[\"bt.ban_threshold\",0,\"3\"]\n,[\"bt.use_ban_ratio\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"bt.ban_ratio\",0,\"128\"]\n,[\"bt.use_rangeblock\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"bt.graceful_shutdown\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"bt.shutdown_tracker_timeout\",0,\"15\"]\n,[\"bt.shutdown_upnp_timeout\",0,\"5\"]\n,[\"peer.lazy_bitfield\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"peer.lazy_bitfield_mode\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"peer.lazy_bitfield_factor\",0,\"24\"]\n,[\"peer.lazy_bitfield_nohave\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"peer.resolve_country\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"peer.disconnect_inactive\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"peer.disconnect_inactive_interval\",0,\"300\"]\n,[\"choker.interval_auto\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"choker.interval\",0,\"10\"]\n,[\"choker.interval_optim\",0,\"30\"]\n,[\"diskio.flush_files\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"diskio.sparse_files\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"diskio.no_zero\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"diskio.use_partfile\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"diskio.smart_hash\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"diskio.smart_sparse_hash\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"diskio.coalesce_writes\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"diskio.coalesce_write_size\",0,\"8000000\"]\n,[\"diskio.rsize_factor\",0,\"16\"]\n,[\"cache.override\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"cache.override_size\",0,\"32\"]\n,[\"cache.reduce\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"cache.write\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"cache.writeout\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"cache.writeimm\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"cache.read\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"cache.read_turnoff\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"cache.read_prune\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"cache.read_thrash\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"cache.disable_win_read\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"cache.disable_win_write\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"diskio.max_write_queue\",0,\"32\"]\n,[\"webui.enable\",0,\"1\"]\n,[\"webui.enable_guest\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"webui.enable_listen\",0,\"1\"]\n,[\"webui.token_auth\",1,\"true\"]\n,[\"webui.username\",2,\"sarreq\"]\n,[\"webui.password\",2,\"******\"]\n,[\"webui.guest\",2,\"guest\"]\n,[\"webui.restrict\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"webui.port\",0,\"65124\"]\n,[\"webui.cookie\",2,\"{\\\"showDetails\\\":true,\\\"showDetailsIcons\\\":true,\\\"showCategories\\\":true,\\\"showToolbar\\\":true,\\\"showStatusBar\\\":true,\\\"useSysFont\\\":true,\\\"updateInterval\\\":3000,\\\"maxRows\\\":0,\\\"lang\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"hSplit\\\":-1,\\\"vSplit\\\":-1,\\\"torrentTable\\\":{\\\"colMask\\\":995592,\\\"colOrder\\\":[],\\\"colWidth\\\":[],\\\"reverse\\\":false,\\\"sIndex\\\":-1},\\\"peerTable\\\":{\\\"colMask\\\":250402,\\\"colOrder\\\":[],\\\"colWidth\\\":[],\\\"reverse\\\":false,\\\"sIndex\\\":-1},\\\"fileTable\\\":{\\\"colMask\\\":48,\\\"colOrder\\\":[],\\\"colWidth\\\":[],\\\"reverse\\\":false,\\\"sIndex\\\":-1},\\\"feedTable\\\":{\\\"colMask\\\":222,\\\"colOrder\\\":[],\\\"colWidth\\\":[],\\\"reverse\\\":false,\\\"sIndex\\\":-1},\\\"advOptTable\\\":{\\\"rowMultiSelect\\\":false},\\\"activeSettingsPane\\\":\\\"\\\",\\\"activeRssFeeds\\\":{\\\"rssfeed_all\\\":1},\\\"activeTorGroups\\\":{\\\"cat\\\":{\\\"cat_all\\\":1},\\\"lbl\\\":{}}}\"]\n,[\"proxy.proxy\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"proxy.type\",0,\"0\"]\n,[\"proxy.port\",0,\"8080\"]\n,[\"proxy.auth\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"proxy.p2p\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"proxy.resolve\",1,\"false\"]\n,[\"proxy.username\",2,\"\"]\n,[\"proxy.password\",2,\"\"]\n]\n}\n"

NAME : SyntaxError

Hi, run into a few issues using build 0.382 on IE9 (9.0.8112.16421). These issues have been present since build 0.381 and I think as far back as 0.380 WIP (2011-03-19). I haven't had the time until now to post and they haven't been showstoppers...

First when logging in to WebUI, the loading banner used to appear across the middle of the screen, but it now sticks to the top of the window http://postimage.org/image/237gpil8k/. As this is only on for a few seconds and is purely visual, this clearly isn't a major problem, but worth flagging up.

Second point is an issue with the Add Label dialog box. http://postimage.org/image/2anxbj3fo/. The OK/Cancel buttons seem to have vanished. Interestingly, if I tab out of the label input box, the focus shows the dotted line around the OK button, pressing Enter adds the label without issue. I have tried resetting the GUI with Esc, but no change.

I have tested the above points in Firefox 4.0.1 and both issues display as normal, so I assume that this is something specifically with IE9. I rolled back to v0.380 WIP (2010-12-24) and this seems to work just fine on both points, so it has crept in between these this and current release.

Thoughts...

@simonlant: Don't run WebUI in IE7 compatibility mode; it works perfectly well under native IE9 rendering mode (and IE8 as well if you don't like blurry text on IE9). I guess I'll look into the missing buttons issue anyway, but the weird vertical align issue isn't really worth the effort for me to fix.

@master bob: If you're trying to use µTorrent skins with WebUI... they won't work without first being preprocessed and converted into a format compatible with WebUI.

@Sarreq Teryx: Your settings appear to be corrupted. Here's your particular fix (for anyone else reading this looking for a solution to a similar startup error, this fix doesn't necessarily apply to you):

0. What follows assumes you're following instructions on the machine running µTorrent

1. In µTorrent, set Preferences > Advanced > webui.token_auth to false.

2. Visit http://localhost:65124/gui/?action=setsetting&s=btapps.skin_url&v= to clear the corruption

3. Reset webui.token_auth

4. Reload WebUI

@simonlant: Don't run WebUI in IE7 compatibility mode; it works perfectly well under native IE9 rendering mode (and IE8 as well if you don't like blurry text on IE9). I guess I'll look into the missing buttons issue anyway, but the weird vertical align issue isn't really worth the effort for me to fix.

Legend @Ultima. My issue was that the 'Display intranet sites in Compatibility View' flag was set under the Compatibility View Settings dialog. Unsetting this flag and reloading resolves both issues. Now I will have to go and hunt down what caused that to be set. Either it was default or possibly Windows Home Server Connector... or maybe something else. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

EDIT: Turns out it is set on as default... http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2009/06/17/compatibility-view-and-smart-defaults.aspx

I think part of the loading issue would be in Firefox 4. I can load several utorrent installs fine in internet explorer; however, in firefox 4 they do not load properly but load properly in FF3. In fact I have 3 different utorrent installs on 3 different servers and they all react differently. One loads entirely properly in FF4, one hangs at loading, and one flat at reports an error has occurred. They're all running the latest build of utorrent 2.2.1 and webUI v.382 so I'm not entirely sure whats different between them.

If you can provide me with what information you'd need from them to be able to further troubleshoot this I'd be glad to provide it.

• 2 weeks later...

What's the error? And have you cleared the browser cache?

Edit: I should further qualify... What is the error shown, and where do you see it? And for the one that's stopped on "Loading...", is there any error in the JavaScript console?

I'm not sure how much of the error you need; here's the actual error portions of it. I see this after logging in. The interface never displays:

TEXT : "{\"build\":25130,\"label\": [\u000a]\u000a,\"torrents\": [\u000a]\u000a,\"torrentc\": \"808101450\"\u000a,\"rssfeeds\": [\u000a[1,true,false,false,false,0,\"Anime Cluster|http://blog.anime-unleashed.com/wordpress/?feed=rss2\",1050919730,[\u000a[\"Nanoha Movie \u0013\",\"Nanoha Movie \u0013 1080p\",\"http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=177378\",14,0,1292396814,0,0,1,0,true,true],\u000a[\"Angel Beats! 11-12\",\"Angel Beats! 11-12\",\"http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=179820\",0,0,1292301825,0,0,1,0,true,true],\u000a[\"B Gata H Kei 7-8\",\"B Gata H Kei 7-8\",\"http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=176422\",0,0,1290922419,0,0,1,0,true,true],\u000a[\"Bund \u0013 11\",\"Bund \u0013 11\",\"http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=175123\",0,0,1290345966,0,0,1,0,true,true],\u000a[\"Bund \u0013 08-10\",\"Bund \u0013 08-10\",\"http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=174244\",0,0,1290345935,0,0,1,0,true,true],\u000a[\"Bund \u0013 07\",\"Bund \u0013 07\",\"http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=173749\",0,0,1290345906,0,0,1,0,true,true],\u000a[\"Angel Beats 9-10\",\"Angel Beats 9-10\",\"http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=172004\",0,0,1289345824,0,0,1,0,true,true],\u000a[\"Bund 5-6\",\"Bund 5-6\",\"http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=171064\",0,0,1289345545,0,0,1,0,true,true],\u000a[\"Kaichou Wa Maid Sama \u0013 Last Ep\",\"Kaichou Wa Maid Sama \u0013 Last Ep\",\"http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=160674\",0,0,1285446421,0,0,1,0,true,true],\u000a[\"High School of the Dead \u0013 12\",\"High School of the Dead \u0013 12\",\"http://www.nyaatorrents.org/?page=download&tid=159652\",0,0,1284998538,0,0,1,0,true,true]]]]\u000a,\"rssfilters\": [\u000a[1,1,\"Anime Cluster\",\"*\",\"\",\"\",1,-1,\"\",0,1292397196,0,0,\"\",false,false]]\u000a,\"messages\": [\u000a]\u000a}\u000a"

MESSAGE : JSON.parse: bad control character in string literal

FILENAME : http://******:7070/gui/mootools.js

LINENUMBER : 1

However, I think I may have narrowed it down. It looks to be related to specific characters in one of my RSS feeds that I use to auto download items. In the error message the symbols are replaced with "\u0013" and are shown as boxes in the actual Utorrent interface. On the RSS they are displayed as long dashes. Once I removed the RSS feed it displays properly.

As far as clearing my browsers cache I have the issue on a newly installed Win 7 with FF4 as well as all of my other computers.

As for the one that's just displaying "loading..." I found that I hadn't upgraded to .382 and was still on .381. It is now displaying the same error message as above but with different torrents items.

Alright, that confirms my suspicions.

Indeed, µTorrent is known to send bad JSON for feeds with control characters (U+0000 to U+001F). I've made sure that the devs are aware of the issue, so now it really comes down to waiting for them to fix it on the backend.

Hey,

when I change the label on a torrent, webui shows the same number of torrents next to the original label as before changing. utorrent itself indicates that torrent has two labels. Is it a bug? I can't find any way to disable multiple labels. Is it possible?

thx

vrm

very thanks and some suggestions

when I right-click the download list,I wan't to rename one of task (some time English task name is unhelpful to other native language of English)

but now we can't:(

I wish next version of WEBUI may rename torrents task list

:)

sorry about my poor english

Archived