Firon

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at what speeds?

100Mbit/s up and down

Nice :)

Actual speed (Concurrent up & down) ? Or max connection speed ?

False positive :mad: Getting disk overload again when seeding 10 and downloading 10 torrents...

I can max my speed and have concurrent 100mbis up and 100mbits down in eg. qBittorrent and Deluge, so my hdd is not the bottleneck. Sorry for the false hope :/

Another thing i notice is that i can override the automatic cache size and get rid of the disk overload when i crank it up to max (1800 MiB), but when a torrent is finished i get a "Flushing to disk (3388)" in the "Status" for that specific torrent.

And on a side note uTorrent is eating up 15% of my i7 quad core, where libtorrent-based clients such as qBittorrent / Deluge only uses 2% max even when hashing and down/uploading.

Btw I'm on win7 x64 with uT 26710. And as i mentioned earlier my hdd is not the bottleneck, i can do 100mbis up and down concurrent with qBittorrent and Deluge.

Instead it looks like they'd rather incorporate any future fixes from 3.1 into 3.2 which I don't agree with.

Sticking with a stable release (with continuing bug fixes) alongside a beta and or alpha builds ends up being a lot less issues for us end users.

I don’t agree. A stable version should not be touched unless there are critical bugs' date=' that effect many users using it's main functions. Any change/addition in features, and especially - core code (as planned for 3.2) should be on a separate alpha-beta-RC route so to be properly tested an avoid fuck-ups ... There are endless examples here for that... :P [/quote']

Yes, this was exactly what I was meaning, critical fixes for stable builds only.

I think I speak for all of us when I say we really don't wish to see a repeat of 3.1 happen again in future, thanks.
It is not over yet ... ;)

Ha! I think the way development in uTorrent is done could use a little review, there is no rush for uTorrent releases it's still one of if not the best clients out there. Feel free to have Beta testing last longer, people who want the bleeding edge will come to the forums to download it. I'd just really like to see a STABLE stable.

Another thing i notice is that i can override the automatic cache size and get rid of the disk overload when i crank it up to max (1800 MiB), but when a torrent is finished i get a "Flushing to disk (3388)" in the "Status" for that specific torrent.

Maybe a specific-torrent related issue? Any link to it ?

And on a side note uTorrent is eating up 15% of my i7 quad core, where libtorrent-based clients such as qBittorrent / Deluge only uses 2% max even when hashing and down/uploading.

Maybe it is AV related ? Any screenshots ?

Another thing i notice is that i can override the automatic cache size and get rid of the disk overload when i crank it up to max (1800 MiB)' date=' but when a torrent is finished i get a "Flushing to disk (3388)" in the "Status" for that specific torrent.[/quote']

Maybe a specific-torrent related issue? Any link to it ?

Maybe it is AV related ? Any screenshots ?

At that moment I was picking out random torrents from tpb just to max out my connection and to recreate the disk overload bug, so i can't remember that specific torrent. Later i got the same "Flushing to disk" but with a (32) instead of (3388). Don't think it is a specific-torrent related issue.

I have excluded uTorrent from Microsoft Security Essentials now, will see if that helps. Have no screenshots at the moment.

3.1.2 stable (build 26710)

1GB file was set to "Skip". But it has 1MB done and is totally written to disk (1GB).

Another ~1GB file to skip has 512kb done and occupies ~1GB on disk (totally written).

One of the "greatest" bugs for ut :(

Did you try also with Pref.->General->preallocate files - unchecked ?

Checking progress is veeeeeeryyy slow. A torrent of 500 mb is rechecked for like 5 HOURS!!! Also the process cannot be killed in any way - only reboot helps.

I rechecked ubuntu (700M) in 10 seconds on Win7/C2D @3Ghz. So, it's probably something on your system (AV? a HD issue?) .

I also think it is slow compared to 2.2.1, but not that slowwww... :)

1GB file was set to "Skip". But it has 1MB done and is totally written to disk (1GB).

Another ~1GB file to skip has 512kb done and occupies ~1GB on disk (totally written).

even unchecked ut automatically preallocate files- to avoid disk overload-checked is a must

It happened once. 2GB of wasted disk space is not a joke :(

ut part file wasn't created. But ut had written whole files.

Only few hours later It made a part file for another pieces.

It happened once. 2GB of wasted disk space is not a joke :(

ut part file wasn't created. But ut had written whole files.

Only few hours later It made a part file for another pieces.

try this

Pref.->General->preallocate files - checked (after restart ut)

also post your disk cache settings

-- 2012-02-02: Version 3.1.2 stable (build 26710)

Just updated and found following issue:

I use a label when a torrent has the status "Finished". Sometimes I select said label on the left side and when I move this torrent (or several) to a different dir (right-click - advanced - set download location), then add another label (for a moved torrent) and then uncheck the old label, the list isn't reloaded/ redrawn and the torrents are still listed even with the new label only.

Which brings me to one of my most asked questions regarding development:

When will there be a better "set download location" function which allows me to move several torrents just by selecting all of those and then set the new location once for all selected? Deletion works that way but setting a new location requires loads of mouseclicks for each torrent. :mad: It is even in the idea bank and was planned for 2.2 http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-%C2%B5torrent-for-windows/suggestions/714604-have-built-in-one-click-move-data-files-and-mov?ref=title (!). Add more votes for it here if I understand it correctly: http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-torrent-for-windows/suggestions/719642-add-a-function-to-change-location-for-multiple-tor?ref=title, here http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-torrent-for-windows/suggestions/1120317-add-change-location-for-group-of-torrents-for-exa?ref=title, here http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-torrent-for-windows/suggestions/983809-have-a-way-to-move-multiple-torrents-to-a-director?ref=title and maybe here http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-torrent-for-windows/suggestions/1100981-removing-torrents-to-a-specific-location-?ref=title (can't decide wether it's just this or the one below he/she wants).

Another way to help would be the implementation of the "move to another dir when torrent enter status finished" function which has been in the idea bank for a long time but hasn't gotten any love by users and developers even though there was a loooong thread regarding this in the forums once. Idea bank links: http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-torrent-for-windows/suggestions/720756-move-file-location-on-completed-torrent-removal?ref=title, http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-torrent-for-windows/suggestions/1018327-move-to-folder-after-seeding-goal-reached?ref=title, http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-torrent-for-windows/suggestions/1100981-removing-torrents-to-a-specific-location-?ref=title, http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-torrent-for-windows/suggestions/876381-make-a-shortcut-for-changing-download-location-of-?ref=title and here http://utorrentideas.uservoice.com/forums/47263-%C2%B5torrent-for-windows/suggestions/974489-move-or-copy-files-when-seeding-is-finished-and-a?ref=title.

Another way to help would be the implementation of the "move to another dir when torrent enter status finished" function

I think you can implement this with "run this program when torrent changes state" (in advanced->run program)

"set download location" function which allows me to move several torrents

+ 1 ...

Hey guys,

utorrent freezes and becomes non-responsive indefinitely, I can only kill it from taskmanager, I've noticed this about 5 times already (since updated but unsure in which update it was introduced because only lately i've been getting new torrent downloads) but yeah im on 26696 (32bit) on win7 64bit

It seems to be related to disk caching

I have this freezing problem as well, but I'm not sure if mine is related to disk caching. My caches are barely even in use, yet still uTorrent keeps eating up my system memory (grows up to 1.9 Gigs before eventually becoming really slow and then freezing). I have 200+ active torrents and close to a thousand all together, but I rarely download or upload much (and whether I do or not, seems to have no real effect on the memory usage).

Never had these problems with older uTorrent versions, but then again, I never used them on this system. On this particular system I've only had the last two stable versions. But I am using my old settings from my old system and old uTorrent versions.

I'm running 64bit Win7 on i5 2500k / 16 GB / SSD HDs.

EDIT: Oh, and my uTorrent.exe seems to also be using 15-25% of my CPU as well.

Archived