µTorrent 3.2 stable (27568)

Firon

As far as the downloading of individual files go, I vote to remove the 'Don't download' option from the context menu and instead replace it with check boxes down the left hand side of the 'Files' tab. This makes it consistent with the 'add new torrent' window and makes it easier to select the files you don't want to download.

Less clicks, consistent interface, win win IMO.

I second this suggestion, primarily due to UI consistency.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry this is far too buggy - reverted to last working version (2.0.2)!

What happened guys?? utorrent used to be the best torrent app out there - seems to have been getting worse with each release.

Will check back in a few months to see if newer version is any better - till then i'll stick with the version i know works!

Anyway to always stop magnet links creating a dir named after the magnet link if you have uTorrent 3.2 beta set to open the add new torrent window whenever new torrents/magnets are added?

Currently to get it to work correctly you need to manually delete the magnet link from the Name field every-time or disable the 'add new torrent' window then it works as it should.

Rivilis

Yeah, I can confirm that. I got such crashes with some plain torrents from rutracker.org. And, by the way, 26883 doesn't want to send crash dumps - "HTTP request failed".

When exactly does it crash for you? When *adding* it ? downloading it ? when selecting just a few files ?

I can confirm it crashes always by the time i click OK on the window that appears when adding a torrent (the popup window for download folder selection, label etc etc).

Not touching any options, just by pressing OK.

Both adding the torrent and downloading - worked OK for me... :/

The crash caused only when the confirmation window is active.

If i disable the UI Options > Show a window that displays the files inside the torrent in advance mode the torrent works just fine and its a simple workaround until this crash is fixed :)

rafi

When exactly ddoes it crash for you? When *adding* it ? downloading it ? when selecting just a few files ?

If you need more details I do explain:

1. I start new .torrent file by double click. Options window appears.

2. I choose location for the file to download. File is single so no need to mark some parts.

3. I press "OK" button. µTorrent shows a kiss-off square window with polite proposals to close/relaunch µTorrent or send crash dump to developers (usually I preferred the last one before proved that dumps couldn't be sent).

That's it.

rafi
When exactly ddoes it crash for you? When *adding* it ? downloading it ? when selecting just a few files ?

If you need more details I do explain:

1. I start new .torrent file by double click. Options window appears.

2. I choose location for the file to download. File is single so no need to mark some parts.

3. I press "OK" button. µTorrent shows a kiss-off square window with polite proposals to close/relaunch µTorrent or send crash dump to developers (usually I preferred the last one before proved that dumps couldn't be sent).

That's it.

Exactly!

Archived