µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

Did I miss anything important?...

Not really that important, but after you delete a torrent from list, the selection goes down on the next one, but even if it's selected, no info is shown in the tabs until you select it again in the list. And all buttons\actions\etc are applied to it, so it's only the info that is not displayed.

I wonder if anyone noticed this, it's been there for a while.

Also in the first post there was a list of known issues, I assume when it's gone - all of them (including accidental downloading of random not selected files) are fixed?

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but even if it's selected, no info is shown in the tabs until you select it again in the list.

That's because, in a list view control, a list item does NOT receive focus until actually selected (not the same as simply being highlighted), that's a "Windows thing" not a uTorrent thing.

but after you delete a torrent from list, the selection goes down on the next one, but even if it's selected, no info is shown

Looks fine in 29719

all of them (including accidental downloading of random not selected files) are fixed?

Sure... BTW, never seen a random download, make sure you have advanced->distibuted_share.enabled = false.

There's nothing wrong in looking forward to 3.3.2, but I thought these all these beta's and RCs were building up to 3.3.1 stable

It IS stable, with a few *stable* minor bugs... ;)

That's because, in a list view control, a list item does NOT receive focus until actually selected (not the same as simply being highlighted), that's a "Windows thing" not a uTorrent thing.

Thanks, I never even suspected windows itself. Well now I know what is this thing. At last.

Sure... BTW, never seen a random download, make sure you have advanced->distibuted_share.enabled = false.

I was talking about situations when you select some files in the torrent to download and other files which are skipped are allocated (my bad, in the 1st post it was written "allocated") on the disk after you start the download. Sometimes I have encountered this bug and it was listed as a known issue.

np. If you've set advanced->use_partfile - true it should do that. I guess some people forget to do that, or there is a bug in some cases. Works here for me fine. Recheck does weird thinks, tho. Stories about Windows doings are far fetched.... It's all about how to right the code correctly under Windows... ;P

rafi

Pls add this to your "most wanted"/open issues:

- 3.3.1 build 29719 torrent paused state not reset when restarting client :)

winxp sp3

Not until you provide repeatable repro steps... :(

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B1fLVXA8Va91VzU1SFBLRDVnczA&export=download

Not sure if this is so "wanted" anyway. What does "pause" mean just *after* startup? No connections are present at this point, so they cannot be "continued".

all of them (including accidental downloading of random not selected files) are fixed?

It happens regurarly for long time. The only client that is completely solid on this matter, is Tixati. The reason I made it default program currently.

Since you didn't provide repro steps, Queuing, the mainview/speed-graph & scheduler (for example) will show you have the correct setting for it and it misbehaves ...

"Alternate upload rate" is supposed to kick in when you're only seeding... well, it does not.

I've redone the settings...

alternate.jpg

torrentc.jpg

I don't use this feature, but I tested it, and I don't see it to be working, either. I currently have 7 files in my "Active" tab, all are seeding, nothing is downloading, and my upload rate is unchanged. My combined downstream rate for all 7 files, as shown in the bottom status bar, is between 1.0 kB/s and 2.0 kB/s. Is that total enough to make uTorrent think I'm downloading, and not trigger this setting? Because that's just the maintenance load on the seeded files, and I have no control over that.

Also, I'm not sure why you'd have a larger upload rate when not downloading than when you are... It's not like it would hurt your download rate. In my experience, any file that's being downloaded seems to have priority over and gets much faster upload speeds than anything else that happens to be seeding at the time. That is, the one file I'm downloading usually is using much more of my upstream bandwidth than any one (or all) of the other six files that are seeding. If anything, I'd think you'd use this feature to have your bandwidth lower when you're not downloading, while retaining full bandwidth capability when you were.

OK, so Beasly's post took care of the maintenance load I spoke of, and made it work. As long as the maintenance load doesn't exceed the value in that field, the Alternate Rate setting works.

Still don't know why you'd use it, especially with the larger Alternate Rate than your standard rate, but whatever. It works, that's what matters.

rafi wrote:

Since you didn't provide repro steps, Queuing, the mainview/speed-graph & scheduler (for example) will show you have the correct setting for it and it misbehaves ...

"Alternate upload rate" is supposed to kick in when you're only seeding... well, it does not.

Tip #P on my tips' list ...

"Alternate upload rate" is supposed to kick in when you're only seeding.

Edit ul_rate_download_thres setting to 5 or 10

I can't find it in Advanced.

Click on Options, then before you click on Preferences, press & hold Shift-F2. There will now be a half dozen or so additional fields in Advanced that aren't there without the modifier.

"Alternate upload rate" is supposed to kick in when you're only seeding.

To access the hidden settings:

Press shift-F2 and Preferences

Press shift-F2 and Advanced

Edit ul_rate_download_thres setting to 5 or 10

Thank you for explaining this. How did you discover this? It's not anywhere in the documentation.

Thanks.

Archived