µTorrent 3.3.1 RC

TylerW

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe there are none, and it was released with no changes at all. (Yeah right I know, not likely to happen, EVER)

Here are a couple "noteworthy" changes for 29756:

The .exe inflated 24% (226 KB), hefty by even BitTorrent bloat standards for an incremental release, the equivalent of v 1.7.7. Maybe it's optionally accessible as the slimmed down client via secret F-key combination? :D

The min. category list pane width expanded another 20 px. Soon we can concentrate on full-size advertisements and ignore trifling torrent job details altogether as they're displaced off screen.

The min. category list pane width expanded another 20 px. Soon we can concentrate on full-size advertisements and ignore trifling torrent job details altogether as they're displaced off screen.

Yep, that's enough for me to say "no" to updating. Thanks for the heads up.

So, I only have one question: are the I/O problems adressed ? Or uTorrent will forever be damned to disk overload and RAM hogging ?

I have one answer : do you see any of it here below?

7026f1257292244.jpg

Now, I'm not saying that my Win7/x86, with my 100/2M connection has the exact same environment as everyone else in the world, but at least it shows that some people with some uTorrent setting (see below) do not have the issue. :):( I hope that gives some people some hope... ;)

About false positive : kis does not give false positive (on utorrent); why not using it ? norton gives false positive for all, all I mean, applications using udp protocol. Two years ago, it reached number one in a hit parade of anti-vir, in terms of quality, protecting the computer. I did not return to it ; I had many, many times be infected with it : norton is a bargain for hackers, you don't have to be very clever to defeat norton ; just place a java script which changes century value of your system time for about 30 seconds ; norton reacts as if subscription were expired, and totally ceases to function, even when time is restored. It is a feature implemented to defeat users who want to use norton without renewing their subscription...

Yep' date=' that's enough for me to say "no" to updating. Thanks for the heads up.[/quote']

Because of an extra 20pixels (possibly) in a panel that is actually "draggable" to adjust it's width in any case??

Yep' date=' that's enough for me to say "no" to updating. Thanks for the heads up.[/quote']

Because of an extra 20pixels (possibly) in a panel that is actually "draggable" to adjust it's width in any case??

Certainly. I already have it dragged to its absolute minimum, so why would i want it any bigger? Unless there are some substantive changes or fixes in the new version, why would I upgrade to one that offers nothing except something I know I don't want?

Well I don't see any difference in width of the sidebar when it is at minimum width. and comparing a screen shot I have it looks more like it is the left side status bar panel that has moved and is making it appear that the sidebar has reduced in minimum width.

http://ciaobaby.info/screenshots/utorrent/3.3.0/phantom-job.jpg is a unscaled screen shot (taken at 1280x1024) of ver 3.3.0.29544 for comparison.

Certainly.  I already have it dragged to its absolute minimum, so why would i want it any bigger? 

+1 :: exactly!

Well I don't see any difference in width of the sidebar when it is at minimum width. and comparing a screen shot I have it looks more like it is the left side status bar panel that has moved and is making it appear that the sidebar has reduced in minimum width.

An optical delusion, Ciao. Nothing to do with the status bar panel and 3.3.0-29544 wasn't at issue.

Comparing 2.2.1-25302, 3.3.1-29719 and 3.3.1-29756. When in doubt (or asserting a claim to the contrary), measure.

8898184717_36c1783e48_o.png

(assuming it hasn't been disabled).

It has (here), and it’s the same... Makes sense to widen it *if* you need to, and narrow it back - when you don't. I guess no one thought of that in marketing...

I'm failing to see why you have this huge chip on your collective shoulders about in client advertising. BitTorrent as a company have the right to create an "income stream" from wherever they wish and the piffle about the company accounts is misleading. The BitTorrent and uTorrent clients are NOT the only products that are bringing in revenue to BitTorrent Inc NEITHER are they the only products that need to be supported from that revenue.

As I've said before, you are not 'married' to one particular client, if you don't like what is happening, CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT ONE.

:) I guess the devs will now call it a "new feature" and schedule it for 3.4 meaning @ 2014-15...

I hope 3.4 comes out before the end of the year.. The development of this program is slugglish to say the least, can't believe I have to wait years for any sort of significant upgrade. Searching within Torrents? Auto moving of torrents to directory if the label gets updated? I'm disappointed with how long it takes to get new features.

I'm failing to see why you have this huge chip on your collective shoulders about in client advertising. BitTorrent as a company have the right to create an "income stream" from wherever they wish and the piffle about the company accounts is misleading. The BitTorrent and uTorrent clients are NOT the only products that are bringing in revenue to BitTorrent Inc NEITHER are they the only products that need to be supported from that revenue.

As I've said before, you are not 'married' to one particular client, if you don't like what is happening, CHANGE TO A DIFFERENT ONE.

You sound angry.

I don't particularly care about ads. It's nice that they include a way to turn them off, but it's not strictly necessary. I just kinda think the creeping screen real estate is a little annoying. I don't have a very large screen, and I have my detail pane columns set up just the way I like them (I abhor side-scroll bars, so I have just the info I need slated to fit perfectly), and losing another (completely unnecessary) half an inch to the left pane means I have to rejigger everything. Get it now?

It's not a dealbreaker, it's just annoying, and your "If you don't like it why don't you just leave" tirade is a little tiresome. I'm a user of the software, and I'm entitled to voice my opinion. I require that the devs take heed of that opinion in direct proportion to how much I've paid for the software. Since I paid nothing, that means they're perfectly entitled to ignore the hell out of me, but I will not be shouted down by you.

Since I paid nothing, that means they're perfectly entitled to ignore the hell out of me, but I will not be shouted down by you.

+1 Makes many program annoyances tolerable by comparison (;= opinionated static), apparently the price of admission to glean useful information amid the noise.

You sound angry.
Nope, just puzzled, If it was something that somebody spent all day using or looking at I could understand it, but it isn't. The GUI is simply a easy way to configure the bit that does the work.

If you use RSS feeds you may never need to even look at the GUI from one day to the next, I've been at my PC most of today coding a .net app and I've not looked a either Bittorrent client I have running, once.

Also why is it that people take forum posts as being personal??

I don't know you, you don't know me, so neither one of us is of any importance in the life of the other, so how is it that putting heavy emphasis on a few words that are there for one and all to read, "shouting" at you in particular??

People are different. I like to watch things work, be they mechanical or electronic. You haven't looked at your uTorrent all day, I look at mine all the time. It's just what I do.

I'm not taking it personally, at least no more so than you seemed to be. "Shouted down" doesn't mean you were yelling, necessarily, just emphatic. What I meant by that was that you seemed to have taken it upon yourself to try to convince us that we're wrong in our opinion about the sidebar, first by saying it hadn't changed, then by saying it was no big deal, and then finally by saying "If you don't like it just leave." It's like you're personally invested in this thing, and you're offended that some of us don't like it.

We'll just agree to disagree.

and then finally by saying "If you don't like it just leave." It's like you're personally invested in this thing, and you're offended that some of us don't like it.

Nope I have no involvement at all, but instead of complaining, which will make no difference to the people who make the decisions, stop using the client, because that is the only action that will drive the message of disatisfaction home.

What is happening all 2 Minutes in utorrent?

I have freeze Problems with utorrent since the 3er Versions.

All 2 Minutes utrorrent freeze for ca. 40 seconds and then is responsive again.

In Process Explorer i see, that the Cpu for the utorrent Process is getting to max.

I have tried the different cache settings, but that doesn't helped.

I have a lot of torrents still listed in the client (ca. 2000), but most of them are on finished state.

Until the 3er Version that wasn't a problem. I tried the newest beta, but it isn't better.

I think the 3er Version doesn't support to have so many torrents still in the client.

Do someone know what happens all 2 Minutes that cause the freezes?

Archived