Closing undocked player with main window closed leaves stray playback controls on desktop

conquerist

Environment

• Windows 7 64-bit
  • uTorrent 3.4.3 build 40208 (stable)
  • IE version see here

Observed behavior
Closing the undocked player after minimizing the main uTorrent window to its icon causes the playback controls to remain on the desktop. The position of the stray playback controls on the desktop is where they were in the main uTorrent window, not where they were in the undocked window. Please see the red framed region of the screenshot below.

Note that these stray player controls do not show as a window in the taskbar. However, they do show in the Alt-Tab window list. Restoring the uTorrent main window from the tray icon causes the stray player controls to re-dock. Pressing Esc does the same.

9hO3LvP.png

Expected behavior
When closing the undocked player window, the playback controls should disappear.

Affected builds
As far as I can tell, all builds with a playback tab are affected. The oldest such build I could find was 3.4.2 37594, the next older build I could find (3.4.2 36044) did not have a playback tab.

Steps to reproduce

Works on a clean install (emptied %appdata%\utorrent folder)

• Switch to playback tab (screenshot)
  • Undock the player (screenshot)
  • Minimize uTorrent to its tray icon by clicking the red x in the upper right hand corner (screenshot)
  • Close the now undocked player window by clicking the red x in the upper right hand corner (screenshot)
  • Observe the noted behavior

Possibly related behavior

• If I minimize uTorrent to its tray icon, lock my computer and return after ~15 minutes, I sometimes find the same stray player controls on my desktop. However, I have not been able to replicate this behavior reliably.
  • The animations controlled by the Windows setting "animate windows when minimizing and maximizing" do not affect the player controls: When restoring the minimized uTorrent window from the task bar, the playback controls appear immediately in their final position without any animation, while the remaining uTorrent window slowly scales to its full size and moves to its position on the screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your post.  This unwanted bar on my desktop has been driving me nuts.  It seemingly appeared and disappeared at random so I understand now why it is occurring.   I searched unsuccessfully for a  means to turn off the behavior in preferences but I think I've found a solution by just unchecking the playbar tab in uTorrent split screen.   

Archived