SWITCH Problem

smikkel

Hi! Im new to this, and I have a problem using my switch (HUB-like-device). My speed sucks, and in the bottom of the µTorrent programWindow it displays a warning icon. Then I checked my incomming signal port, and the program states that its turned off... What port do I use to get high speeds when I use a Switch? I could not find my switchmodel in the "Port forwarder help site".. Please help.

Ps. The Icon also states that a firewall (Mine is inactive) or a router (wich I dont think I have) is limiting my traffic...

I dont understand this "Port thingie" :D

SWITCH SPECS:

SMC

EZ Switch 10/100

SMC-EZ6505TX

Hope it helps...

Thank you for your help!

Michael

Hi, What is the make and Model of your Modem?? Having a Switch will Not effect your Speeds as it is just a Switch all the info is sent along it to where it needs to go. But your Modem Might be a Combo Unit Router and a Modem all in one and that could be what is blocking you.

The_Nephilim

*sight* its enabled... Well.. Thanks for your help anyway! I`ll see what I can do from here :D

UPDATE:::

ok...so I found a port thats open, and activated it...but the speed is still low, and the "warning" icon in the bottom is still red, and claims a router or firewall is limiting my line... Anyone up 4 this? :D

Archived