Multiple scheduler profiles

p0st

Hi there. It would be nice if utorrent had more than one scheduler profile.

For example. I want it to set itself at 20k/d 5k/u during working hours, unlimited after hours, and 60k/10k during weekends?

Like this on friday i have to change the scheduler manualy.

• 2 months later...

Both multiple profiles and stopping torrents would be REALLY handy.

I have an uncounted period from my ISP which is great for scheduling torrents to download in that time. The problem is that the uncounted period overlaps slightly with the morning rush in my house to use the net. It'd be really really handy to be about to set 3 or more different zones rather than just 2.

It's really really important cause the non torrenting members of the house are complaining like nothing else and I don't want to cap the entire 8 hour uncounted period lower just for the 1 hour they want to use.

kulprit, You can already do that. Shift click on the scheduler to put it in "seeding-only" mode.

(Yep, you'd have to read the faq - I had done the same request. :)

I suggested showing up the "pink" box next to the scheduler, so it would at least show ppl it's there.

• 2 years later...

The idea of having profiles is quite nice. That way you could set up multiple download / upload times.

The scheduler is good, but it only lets you set on, limited, seed or off.

Profiles could let you set many more options like away from the computer both peak time and off peak, at the comp with peek and off peak. You can have higher download rates when you're off peak and slightly slower when peak, plus when you're at the computer you'll have your download/upload lower so it doesn't disturb browsing.

Archived