lost files

dznutz

hi,

first off i'd like to say this is a great program and props to everyone involved in the project.

my problem is i seem to have missing files. i've tried everything from force re-check to restart but no luck. i'm using utorrent 1.4. at first i started out by choosing 2 files (in a particular torrent that has 20 files). after those 2 files were near complete i chose more files from the list. eventually i decided to choose all the files. but to my surprise after opening the download folder i'm missing a lot of files that should have been completed. freaking out i changed the setting to "allocate file space." i now got the missing files to appear as 0kb.

so i thought... ok, i'll just do a force re-check and everything would be fine. i did. the 0kb files are still there and did not increase in size. i look at my list and some of the 0kb files are reported as 100% complete in the client. so then i stopped the torrent, removed it, then restarted the files. still some files are said to be 100% but shown as 0kb in the download folder. my next step was to "open" the files by using the right click option in utorrent's file selection. the 0kb files opened a blank (no images for jpg files and no movie played for avi files) eventhough they were considered complete or partially complete.

this is strange. how can utorrent say a file is complete or 15% complete but the download folder has it as 0kb? i've treid looking elsewhere for the missing files from the application data folder to using the search tool in my computer. i'm afraid i may be downloading but not saving as it shows 0kb.

some computer specs: ntfs formatted with more than enough hdd space. in utorrent i normally disable scraping and disable allocate file space. in the past this never caused any problems.

thanks and i appreciate any help.

ok, i think i know why i'm getting 0kb files. apparantly some of the files have been downloaded as part of another file.

for example lets say i have files a, b, c, d, and e in a folder.

i check on the client to see which files i have completed and it said i've completed a, b, c, and d.

however, i only see a and b with c, d, and e shown to be 0kb.

but files a and b are much larger than what it's supposed to be. in other words parts of c, d, and e are contained in a and b.

is there any way i can seperate these?

Archived