Planning on losing my torrent virginity but...

Teitan

Okay, so I have a couple of hypothetical questions regarding torrent use.

Are eBooks, small scale publishing house books and the like the subject of legal action very often?

I have some interest in information that is offered for sale in typical online marketing high pressure, teaser type systems (buy this at the low introductory price, but be prepared to spend a few hundred dollars chasing after the information later because I'm gonna stretch this out as long as I can. Teasing you all the way gimmicks). So rather than pay up front and chase, I was looking to go the torrent to cut through the process and get to any meat there might be... and if there is value to buck up for the product. But if the whole thing is worthless just delete it.

Also some privately published instructional books / dvds. offered for sale and some wider distribution instructional materials.

Was looking to preview the products so I can actually sort through what are and what aren't items I wish to buy. I hate paying for things that turn out to be less than desirable, or useful to me and going through the whole return hassle. Most of the items are obscure with P90x and Holosync stuff being exceptions in that they are true commercial products that have significant sales. My question is that if someone wanted to preview these products with the intention of purchasing the 'good' ones what are the chances downloading those previews will get me in trouble with my ISP and / or the law?

I have no intention of downloading music, movies or software ever. The total downloads are approximately 120 GB so dl and seed would be 200GB... I have 100GB data transfer limit per month; so if I split it over two or three months and then ceased my activity indefinitely... What are the chances punishment would follow?

No one is being asked to encourage me to enter in to illegal activity. I am merely considering the option of previewing without paying up front; so if I am not satisfied I will delete the material permanently and not use it. If I am satisfied I intend to buy the product; so technically I will have bills of sale for the products I keep.

cheers.

Archived