NAS Suggestions

pdesai

I have 4 x 2TB HDD that I would like to setup in a free standing NAS that has uTorrent installed. I have never setup a NAS in the past and I was looking for experts to help suggest the best way to go about setting this up with uTorrent (WebUI).

The main reason for the NAS will be to stream video to PS3 and/or XBOX 360.

Thanks in advance!

Is is a preconfigured NAS with the OS embedded or OEM-installed? I would need more specifics before I could attempt to make recommendations. Just a manufacturer, model number and OS used would get things rolling, and a list of options you may have added to your NAS.

I am sorry for not being descriptive in the original post. I don't have a NAS, I just have the the HDD. I was asking what type of NAS to setup that would be good for RAID 5 for these 4 x 2TB HDD that I can setup uTorrent on it and use it for storage and streaming to PS3 and/or XBOX 360.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

deal extreme have some cheap nas adapters for your hdd's but you need to put a usb converter on them.

search for snakeOS, its a replacement firmware that works with a number of those boxes and improves them no end.

other option is an old laptop, i had one with a broken screen to hand, as i wanted to also add a webcam and the simple nas adapters could not do that.

I would not go the route of using an old pc, the electrical consumption by it would be a waste.

Archived